Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Its the little things that make it with it

Hi. My name is Jeremiah. I have always struggled with my weight just like everyone here. When I started my sleeve journey, I weighed in at 491. With the south beach diet that my surgeon insisted I go on, I was able to lose 73 pounds prior to surgery. I had surgery on 3/12/14 and weighed 418 lbs. At my one will follow up appointment I had lost 16 pounds in the right days after surgery. Got on the scale today and lost another seven pounds. Brings my total weight to 96 lbs so far since the end of November. I also got below 400 lbs for the first time in 10-11 years. But what I enjoy most are the little things I'm noticing like being able to pull my socks ask the way up and not bunching them around my ankles. Being able to wear a tie and wear it properly. Feeling the way my clothes are fitting. I am so looking forward to this summer when me and my kids can go on a bike ride. I have never been able to do that. Please consider the little things and Celebrate them. Remember them when your day is not going as planned. I look forward to getting to know and support some of you as we go through this journey together.

Wonderful post! I am so excited for you, you are doing great and a lot of it was you...not the surgery! Now that you have the surgery you have a great tool to do even greater things with! After all your success so far, I have no doubt that you'll do well!

I love reading stuff like this! Congratulations on your much earned success!

I can't wait to go to Victoria secrets and not feel like a fat cow !! Haha that's one of my goals !

Awesome! I am traveling this week for work. I fit in the plane seat with no issues. The seat belt buckled, with room to spare! and I wasn't infringing on my neighbor's space!

I just said that to my hubby last night can't wait to go to victory secrets !!!

Welcome Jeremiah! Congrats on your success so far, you are doing great!

Congrats Jeremiah! It sounds like you are doing very well! I read the comments here every night before bed to help me stay positive and focused on losing the weight and getting healthy. I was sleeved on 2/26/14 and have lost 20 pounds since then (77 pounds total this year). I have two small victories to share with you. The first is that I had 3 pairs of workout pants that I loved but they have been too tight to wear for the past 8 years....well I put them on this week and they are too big!! I couldn't believe it!! The second victory is that I have not had to take insulin, metformin, or anti hypertensive medications since my surgery!! My blood sugars and blood pressures have been normal since I got home from the hospital .... Woohoo!!

That's great gypsygirl. Keep it up. I too like to read the posts to stay motivated and positive in this cruel, cruel world. Thank you for sharing. I look forward to seeing more and more of your success and the success of everyone else.

Jeremiah,

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so proud of you and so happy for you. It takes courage to embark on this journey and even more strength and courage to do what you need to do every day to be successful.

I went to Overeaters Anonymous, (OA) for several years and it was referred to as an "Attitude of Gratitude".

I taped a small note to my bedside light instructing me to be grateful for at least one thing before I get out of bed. I also wrote on there to "Make up your mind to be happy".

Blessings,

Kathleen

Thanx for the comment Kathleen. I love reflecting on powerful slogan type phrases. I too like posting positive reminders all over my house to keep me motivated.

I just signed up yesterday for the biggest loser 5k that's coming to my area in June. So excited. I been walking two to three miles a day. I get so stir crazy bring at home so I just go out and walk. Can't wait til I can start lifting and doing more exercises.

Hi. My name is Jeremiah. I have always struggled with my weight just like everyone here. When I started my sleeve journey, I weighed in at 491. With the south beach diet that my surgeon insisted I go on, I was able to lose 73 pounds prior to surgery. I had surgery on 3/12/14 and weighed 418 lbs. At my one will follow up appointment I had lost 16 pounds in the right days after surgery. Got on the scale today and lost another seven pounds. Brings my total weight to 96 lbs so far since the end of November. I also got below 400 lbs for the first time in 10-11 years. But what I enjoy most are the little things I'm noticing like being able to pull my socks ask the way up and not bunching them around my ankles. Being able to wear a tie and wear it properly. Feeling the way my clothes are fitting. I am so looking forward to this summer when me and my kids can go on a bike ride. I have never been able to do that. Please consider the little things and Celebrate them. Remember them when your day is not going as planned. I look forward to getting to know and support some of you as we go through this journey together.

Wonderful post. I'm so happy for you.