Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have my psych evaluation this Tuesday the 29th. Does anyone know what kind of questions they ask? Pretty sure they just want to make sure people are having the surgery that have eating disorder tendencies and such...

Went for my first insurance weigh in on April 21st....lost 10 lbs since my initial appointment on March 20th!!! I was shocked. I high fived the nurse haha. Need to lose 3 more lbs to be at the 5% loss for insurance.

A little worried because I am going on vacation to Florida May 18th - 23rd and I don't want to gain any vacation weight!!!!

I had a bit of a different experience . I went in the doctors office. He asked me my goals after surgery and that was it. It was so simple! I know some people have to take tests and such.

Ladies we are getting closer. We just have to get through the month of may and then June will be here. I want to try to lose 10 pounds before surgery. I am going to go to the gym and watch my diet more. I am 275 and don't want to get any higher if at all possible.

I got my date! Surgery is scheduled for June 10th!!

I am very excited, but my insurance has not approved the surgery yet. Has anyone else had this happen? My surgeon's office told me that the insurance would not approve it until the Dr scheduled it. I am afraid to get my hopes up, afraid they won't approve it.

I really hope that my surgery goes as planned!!

Drummer girl, I'm sure you will be all set. Your doctor seems to feel it medically necessary so insurance should approve. I am the day before you. 2-3 days in the hospital then home to start life all over. My area has monthly support groups that help us out as well. They are given by other patients and offer so much support. I have last 8 lbs so far.

Drummer girl- my surgery is scheduled for May 6th, but my insurance hasn't approved either. Even if I get approved I am having my surgery in June. My insurance requires a date of service in order to complete my file. I am confident that I will get approved, but I do have the fear that I will be denied even though I have met all the requirements and then some.

I have my psych evaluation this Tuesday the 29th. Does anyone know what kind of questions they ask? Pretty sure they just want to make sure people are having the surgery that have eating disorder tendencies and such...

Went for my first insurance weigh in on April 21st....lost 10 lbs since my initial appointment on March 20th!!! I was shocked. I high fived the nurse haha. Need to lose 3 more lbs to be at the 5% loss for insurance.

A little worried because I am going on vacation to Florida May 18th - 23rd and I don't want to gain any vacation weight!!!!

In my evaluation we just talked so he could determine if I was stable. He asked about my family worries fears and why I wanted to have the WLS. Then you do the evaluation test 580 questions. They called me back to do give me tge results and sign the approval letter before he sent it to the surgeon.

Thanks Zelda 205 and jtickle for the info! I will look into starting with a support group now, I was going to wait until after surgery but now is a great idea.

The countdown to a new life begins now ladies!!

I just talked to the suregons office . My official surgery date is June 16th. I just applied for a 2 week leave this morning(I work a sedentary desk job). Preop appt is May 28th :).

I am scheduled for June 10th. It can't come fast enough. I am SO ready to be on the other side, the loosing side. I just have to make it through these next weeks. I am suddenly craving things I never usually eat.

I got my date! Surgery is scheduled for June 10th!!

I am very excited, but my insurance has not approved the surgery yet. Has anyone else had this happen? My surgeon's office told me that the insurance would not approve it until the Dr scheduled it. I am afraid to get my hopes up, afraid they won't approve it.

I really hope that my surgery goes as planned!!

I am right after you, so exciting!

I am scheduled for June 10th. It can't come fast enough. I am SO ready to be on the other side, the loosing side. I just have to make it through these next weeks. I am suddenly craving things I never usually eat.

I have been eating horribly,ive been having food funerals le sigh :(

I'm scheduled for 3Jun . Just had EGD today and everything went well. Start pre-op diet on day after Memorial Day. I have been working on this since Oct so ready to get going.

I am we here too.what mean... And him do you copy and paste.. I'm on a iPad though.. Any June 9th dates! The 10th is close enough.. What is everyone going to miss the most from not eating?

I am we here too.what mean... And him do you copy and paste.. I'm on a iPad though.. Any June 9th dates! The 10th is close enough.. What is everyone going to miss the most from not eating?

Hmm not sure..I was replying to a comment haha.

I'm June 9th Zelda -- I've got a cariologist appointment to go and then the pre-surgery with the surgeon and we'll be good to go!

I'm really excited about it now but getting a little bored with the waiting!