Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Michelle-Rose, I am in Central NY... Hoping to have a date in mid May. Lost 6 pounds so far. Since the weather is nicer I can walk outside again. I am going to center f Excellence so I have that in favor. Scared .. Oh yeah.. But I need my life back and can't take this yo yoing stuff any more. I go to surgeon again on Thursday this week.

Finally after being told that my info had been submitted four times. It was actually sent to insurance this afternoon. I have a whole list of comorbidities, so as of right now I am feeling pretty confident.

Called UHC this morning and the surgeon's office gave the insurance a dummy date of may 6th. Maybe I will get lucky and have surgery in May. I will have to have later in May because I don't get paid until the 14. I have to buy a bunch of mandatory Protein Drinks and Vitamins. They call it the starter pack. It's 250 dollars. That should be all I have to pay out pocket, seeing that my out of pocket and deductible have been met.

Just saw my surgeon this morning and I have a date!!! June 9th! Cutiepie -- we may go at the same time!

It was weird though -- I was surprised when he said he'd schedule the pre-surgery appointment and then also did a surgery date. I don't know what I was expecting but for some reason I wasn't expecting that! lol Maybe just because I've read on here people struggling to get approved and such and so far all my stuff has gone off without a hitch!

Now the need for patience kicks in!

Just saw my surgeon this morning and I have a date!!! June 9th! Cutiepie -- we may go at the same time!

It was weird though -- I was surprised when he said he'd schedule the pre-surgery appointment and then also did a surgery date. I don't know what I was expecting but for some reason I wasn't expecting that! lol Maybe just because I've read on here people struggling to get approved and such and so far all my stuff has gone off without a hitch!

Now the need for patience kicks in!

Good for u . I'm waiting everything been done. Finish my cpap conplaince in 3 days. Hope its bit forever before a appt. with surgeon

Good for u . I'm waiting everything been done. Finish my cpap conplaince in 3 days. Hope its bit forever before a appt. with surgeon

I am still waiting as well :(

It will not take long. I think my time in the process has been the shortest of all. I had my primary care doc do my referral the first week in February, saw surgeon the first time last week in February. Did all the pre cert requirements first 2 weeks of March and got approved last week of March. Surgery is in 5 days. Im so nervous ive been reading the posts in the post op room to catch up on what to expect. They post some good info that you may not have considered I believe everyone should go there and read through. It will give insight and ease the nerves some it may add on once and a while though. Good luck to everyone waiting for approval and surgery.

Guess what I'm approved!! I got my approval in less than 48 hours after it was submitted!! I am calling to schedule my surgery date tomorrow. Squeeee(my excited shriek lol)

Guess what I'm approved!! I got my approval in less than 48 hours after it was submitted!! I am calling to schedule my surgery date tomorrow. Squeeee(my excited shriek lol)

Told you it wouldnt take long. Congratulations!

I have a date.. June 9. Anyone else with me? It seemed to go so smooth so far. I'm glad to be post-op during the summer so I can walk and swim easier. I need all the encouragement from this group. Thank you in advance.

Zelda. Looks like we're on the same day! Looking forward To helping each other out until we're on the losers bench together!

I think my date will be June 30th!! I'm super nervous, but very excited to take the next step! Any one getting surgery at NYU?!

My date is also June 30th! :)

I have my psych evaluation this Tuesday the 29th. Does anyone know what kind of questions they ask? Pretty sure they just want to make sure people are having the surgery that have eating disorder tendencies and such...

Went for my first insurance weigh in on April 21st....lost 10 lbs since my initial appointment on March 20th!!! I was shocked. I high fived the nurse haha. Need to lose 3 more lbs to be at the 5% loss for insurance.

A little worried because I am going on vacation to Florida May 18th - 23rd and I don't want to gain any vacation weight!!!!