Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Good luck everyone! Keep us posted! I got my diet from my dr not as bad as I thought it would be!

I have 30 days till my surgery, I'm excited anyone else excited? I am little nervous too!

35 days until mine. Haven't felt a single bit nervous yet and I'm not sure it will ever come. I think because this process has been so drawn out (14 months), I've had time to really let it set in and I know what I'm getting myself into.

29 days and counting, I'm more excited than nervous! I can't wait

My date is May 3 and I start my liver shrinking diet on Saturday. I am doing 4 weeks worth of it and its different then what I have read from the rest so far. I have to count my carbs and eat more Protein. I can do the shakes too but they have to be within a certain carb limit. The only starch that I can have are from low start veggies and fruits and then flexseed bread or muffin. I have never eaten flexseed anyone use it before which recipes have you used it with?

I think my pre-op diet is like what youre saying. I don't have to only drink Clear liquids. I need to keep my carbs down and my Protein intake high.

ive used flax in baking before. you can find it in the 'healthy' section of most grocery stores and i'm pretty sure Walmart has is in their baking flours, as well. you can google recipes, but I've used this site before: http://www.flax.com/Section/Flax_Recipes/index.html?PHPSESSID=7693934aadf8dbffb38881177d1eb2ae

hope this helps.

I think my pre-op diet is like what youre saying. I don't have to only drink Clear Liquids. I need to keep my carbs down and my Protein intake high.

ive used flax in baking before. you can find it in the 'healthy' section of most grocery stores and i'm pretty sure Walmart has is in their baking flours, as well. you can google recipes, but I've used this site before: http://www.flax.com/Section/Flax_Recipes/index.html?PHPSESSID=7693934aadf8dbffb38881177d1eb2ae

hope this helps.

Thanks Betty_s, when do you start your pre-op diet? I will look at some of these recipes and see which one works out in carb portion.

I don t have to drink only clear liquids, I however thought that until I got the diet. It's not as bad as I thought it would be!

31 days till my surgery and I find out yesterday that my insurance denied it saying it is not medically necessary. They want to do a peer-to-peer call with my doctor to try to get an override. I sure hope that works. Otherwise I'm just going to have to put myself in debt for it. I've been prepping for this for almost 2 years. What a HUGE frustration!

I'm sorry to hear that. Good luck with your insurance issue! It will come together for you!I'

31 days till my surgery and I find out yesterday that my insurance denied it saying it is not medically necessary. They want to do a peer-to-peer call with my doctor to try to get an override. I sure hope that works. Otherwise I'm just going to have to put myself in debt for it. I've been prepping for this for almost 2 years. What a HUGE frustration![/quoteGood luck with your approval again with your Insurance.

Hi everyone,

I started my lap band fight about 16 month ago. Just got my approval on March 23 and going to my Dr on April 23 for pre op instructions and surg scheduled May 9. My Dr requires you to do a 10 day pre op diet.

Breakfast: Protein shake

Snack: Protein pudding Or Protein Bar Or Protein Jello

Lunch: Protein Shake and Protein Soup

Snack:Protein pudding Or Protein Bar Or Protein Jello

Dinner: Protein Shake and Protein Soup

Snack::Protein Pudding Or Protein Bar Or Protein Jello

My wife was banded 5 month ago and has lost 68lb.

Mother-in-law was just banded 2 weeks ago.

Scared to death and excited all at the same time.

31 days till my surgery and I find out yesterday that my insurance denied it saying it is not medically necessary. They want to do a peer-to-peer call with my doctor to try to get an override. I sure hope that works. Otherwise I'm just going to have to put myself in debt for it. I've been prepping for this for almost 2 years. What a HUGE frustration!

Wow I am so sorry to hear this. Trust me I understand your frustration. Often times our system reactive instead of proactive to most things. It's seems logical to approve a person for weight loos in order to prevent the person from other issues such as diabetes and heart conditions which are more costly then just performing the WLS. I hope you do not go into debit but I know how important it is to get this done.

I don t have to drink only clear liquids, I however thought that until I got the diet. It's not as bad as I thought it would be!

I do not have any clear liquids and was given the choice to do the shakes or my own meals. I have to keep my carb count down to between 40-50 each day. On that note I did by several low sodium broth because they were on sale at Kroger this week, I got chicken, beef, and veggie stocked up on them for the first few days of surgery. Their other Soups are on sale too in case anyone was thinking ahead ;)! bobmarge how long are you doing your preop diet?

2 weeks, I get to eat hard boiled eggs, Protein Shakes and broth