Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2014 Sleevers

Hi all, my surgery is on Tuesday 3/25. How are all the other March sleevers doing?

Edited by kimpossible80

<p>Hi all, my surgery is on Tuesday 3/26. How are all the other March sleevers doing? </p>

Hi my surgery is also scheduled for Wednesday March 26. I am struggling a little with the pre- op diet but anxious for Wednesday to come and go.

I just had my sleeve done this past Thursday. The morphine made me sick and on the second day I was completely miserable. But once I got home I started to feel a bit better. Trying to get some decent nutrition on this liquid diet feels a bit difficult for me. But I'm learning and fighting my way through it. I hope each day gets a little better.

That's great you don't need a pre op diet, have you lost a lost of weight otherwise in your preop phase? I've struggled with my preop too. My daughter's Girl Scout Cookies arrived earlier this week!!

It's interesting how the preop diets vary so much surgeon to surgeon.

I was done the 19th and truly regretted it for a few days. Today I woke up feeling better and more positive. I'm still stiff (which hurts more than the actual pain). I'm still bloated. I went to the hospital weighing 229.8 and I'm still around 235 or so.

I had mine the 19th and was regretting it until yesterday. The nausea was the worst. I've had little pain with the incisions.

The hardest part is learning to sip, sip, sip. If drink too much it will come right back up or your throat will feel like it had a hand squeezed around it.

If you don't have sugar-free popsicles in the house get some - they are the life saver.

I'm on Pepcid twice a day and that has helped.I'm down 12 pounds so that makes up for the pain and discomfort :)

Good luck this week.

I had mine on 3/17. The first three days, the feeling of regret was frequent. I had quite a bit of trapped gas which hurt. Other than that, the pain is minimal. I'm pretty excited to be done with the full liquid phase and move on to the pureed phase. I feel better by the day. So far, I've lost about a pound a day. Hang in there, the first two weeks are the most trying.

Had my sleeve on 3-3-14, I'm post op day 20 and last wk I was re-hospitalize for dehydration. I've had it rough. I sleep a lot therefore I'm not eating like I should. It's hard. I'm still at the point where I regret it, but hoping it gets better. I go back to wrk in 3 wks so I'm hoping I get the hang of this in the next wk or so. Down 26 lbs since surgery, but not enjoying the weight loss bc I'm always sick. Please keep me posted on you guys progress

I am so sorry to hear your struggles. I am only 6 days post op and still regret it as well. I was hoping by the time I get to eat solid foods again I would be ok. I kept reading "you won't even have an appetite" but that doesn't seem to be the case. I feel real hunger. And being a big foodie, I crave food so it's really difficult to just drink Water and Protein Drinks. Stay strong

Hi ladies. I had my surgery 3-14-14 which makes this post-op day 9. I have to say that today is my first day with no regrets.

I'm feeling better and trying to get my liquids in. I would be ready to return to work tomorrow but an incision infection has kept me home on antibiotics. I have lost 9lbs in 9 days so I'm very excited about that.

So sorry that you guys are struggling post-opt. I'm ten days post surgery. I don't believe in regret. It only holds you back. My recovery has been great with only a few pains. No head hungry even when being around delicious food. The aroma smells so good but the desire for it gone. At least for now. I know it all can change. Real hunger can and will appear soon or later. Nothing last forever. Keep that in mind while your I the midst of the storm.

Thanks for all the feedback! I'm going to make a list tonight of all the reasons I'm having the surgery so I can read it when I have buyer's remorse! Off the top of my head:

•I have not been able to lose and keep weight off for 10 years, but I've continued to gain

•I hate sleeping with a CPAP machine - the last thing my husband sees before he goes to bed and the first thing he sees when he wakes up is either me in the mask or me with a red ring on my face from wearing the nose piece all night

•I get winded bending over and climbing stairs

•I want relief for my varicose veins

•I want to prevent diabetes which runs in my family

•I do not ever want to not be able to go on a ride with my child due to my weight ever again

I'm on day 5 and feeling much better. I had issues with cold drinks so started putting vegetable Protein in chicken broth. I think it made a huge difference . I hope your all doing better.