Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone having surgery in May

misscindy,

glad to see you're having surgery the same day as me definitely getting excited! It's definitely allot we have to do to prepare. I have my pre op class next Wednesday. I have to meet with the dietician, nurse (wound care), and my surgeon. Then I head over to the hospital for 1 to 3 hours for im not sure what lol. It's such s an exiting time best of luck to you.

I'm having my surgery on Monday May 12th. I'm so ready to move onto the next phase of this process. I'm a little nervous but have done everything that has been asked preop. The liquid diet was very hard for me but for the most part i've stuck to it. Anybody who says this is the easy way out has NO idea. I'm just glad i made the decision to pursue this and am looking forward to the healthy life that is ahead of me. Good luck everyone this month!

<p>I'm having my surgery on Monday May 12th. I'm so ready to move onto the next phase of this process. I'm a little nervous but have done everything that has been asked preop. The liquid diet was very hard for me but for the most part i've stuck to it. Anybody who says this is the easy way out has NO idea. I'm just glad i made the decision to pursue this and am looking forward to the healthy life that is ahead of me. Good luck everyone this month!</p>

Ain't that the truth! This is HARD work and anyone who says otherwise is ignorant.

Good luck Monday!

<p>Well I had my pre-op appointment and all is good to go on the 22nd. Yay! Maintained the exact same weight for the last month. The PA came in to talk with me and should looked at the wrong file and then my weight and thought I gained a load of weight then realized what she did after asked me what I did to myself. I was like huh? I'm pretty sure I'm the exact weight as last time, she looked again and was embarrassed and was like yeah you're good...lol whew had me sweatin' for a moment! </p> <p> </p> <p>Anyways, I start my diet on the 11th, some food with my liquids so that's good. On the 21st I will have Clear Liquids only and nothing after midnight. Surgery is not until 1:30 but I'm to be there a few hours earlier in case they can get me in a head of time. </p> <p>Got to visit the hospital part that day and there is a beautiful view of the Willis Tower (for all us Illinois people The Sears Tower..lol) I can't get use to that yet. </p> <p> </p> <p>The biggest obstacle I now have is my Vitamins. Went to Vitamin Shoppe and found a liquid "fruit punch" flavor multi Vitamin. Might as well call it "poo punch" because it smells, tastes, and looks horrible! I don't think I can bare to try again. It gave me a horrible after taste for hours. Burping it up was the worst. Ew! </p>

Hello how are you? Where are you located? Where are you having surgery at?

Hello there, I am doing good. Thank you for asking. I am actually in Northwest IL near Rockford. I am having surgery at the University of Chicago. I felt that it was the most capable center to handle things with me. I'd rather drive than have someone make a mistake with me and my health issues.

Hi everyone I go for my final weigh in next tuesday and start my liquid diet Monday 5/12/14 surgery May 19/14.

Good luck!! I start my liquid diet on Saturday. Ready or not here we come!

<p>Hi anyone having surgery in May, I am looking for a buddy. Thanks.</p>

. Hey my surgery is scheduled for May 22nd on my first day of preop today

11 more days until show time who's with me ? LoL

Rome thanks and good luck yo you as well.

Cupcake I think we have the same surgery date? May 19th. Good luck to you!

. Hey my surgery is scheduled for May 22nd on my first day of preop today

I'm having my surgery same date! Good luck!

Hello All..I'm scheduled for surgery may 28th..had my preadmission testing yesterday and start my 2 week preop diet next Wednesday..Gonna be rough memorial weekend..

That would be me @Cupcake. I had my pre-op "class" today and start my liquid diet a week from tomorrow. Surgery on 5/19/14 probably in the morning but I won't find that out until 5/16.

Excited for the weightloss, scared about the surgery.

Good luck to you.

Hello everyone, ok so as I already stated I'm having surgery #MAY19!!!! I had my pre-op testing done May 6, 2014, which for some reason only consisted of blood and urine test!? Yesterday I got a call from the clinic telling me that my white blood cells came back high. Wtf???? Today I went to take another urine test and sometime next week I have to get my blood drawn again. That does scare me because I don't want anything to jeopardize my surgery. I'm trying not to jump into any conclusions especially because the surgery is still on as planned. There could be a numerous amount of reasons why my WBC came back high like STRESS which I know I have, FATIGUE which I have been going through recently, STEROIDS from my inhaler I've been using it a lot recently cuz of string cleaning. Also infection, inflammation and even cancer are causes for high blood counts. I'm trying so hard not to think negative because I feel like I'm so close.