Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone having surgery in May

Hi anyone having surgery in May, I am looking for a buddy. Thanks.

Cookie you and I have the exact surgery date, congrats how long have you been on your journey?

Hi everyone, I was told I'm having mine Mid-May however no exact date yet:(

Maybe you guys can give me some advise.......

I have two weeks vacation time and some personal time I was saving for surgery I need to take it before June 30, 2014 or I'll lose it!! Unfortunately I don't have the exact date and about 8 other co-workers also have time off they need to take and it's 1st come 1st serve bases should I wing it and just put in my time off for mid May or should I wait?

I would contact the clinic and explain your situation, If they are not helpful to give you a date , I would put in for the time to ensure you get it. Good luck, also if your insurance is covering the surgery they can give you the authorization for surgery date. I relieved my date from my insurance company before I got my date for my surgeon. Good luck and congrats on your choice to be healthy , I look forward to reading your post .

Kraeok24 hello and congrats, I am counting down the days a well we got this , I can't wait have you began trying out any Protein Shakes or have done aunt shopping .

Hi , I am having mine on the 1st of May . I have 2 kids and younger one is 15 months old. As a mom Do I need to get some things ready before the big day .

Yes Cupcake I have been trying out Protein Drinks. I really like the Syntrax Nectar and matrix ones. I have also tried Unjury and they are good as well. I have purchased four flavors of Syntrax and an Isopure unflavored to add to my other foods. I have been trying sample Vitamins from Bariatric Advantage, Celebrate, and Bariatric Fusion. Deciding which flavors are best to order. I have gone shopping and bought a few small bowls and plates. I also picked up a few small spoons. My best purchase so far was a 24oz insulated bubba cup that has a small opening for sipping my water!

Micky29 I guess that would depend on who will be around to help you afterwards. My father in law will be coming to stay with my kids who are 12 and 4. My husband and I will be about 2.5 hours away at the hospital. So I am making up dinners and freezing them, making sure I have plenty of lunch and Snacks on hand. Having the kitchen stocked so that it is easier for my father in law. After we get home my husband will be able to shop and cook. I plan on doing a really good deep clean on my house the week before surgery and making sure all the laundry is done. That way my husband just has to maintain while I am done and out.

Hello all! I am new to the group and I am scheduled May 13 for gastric sleeve. I am so nervous and excited!!

Kraeok24 I have decided on premere Protein Shakes and grape frost Isopure, I also bought the collapsible measuring cups, and I cup baby serving bowls with the freezer insulate . A food scale, and I stocking up on sugar free pop sickles and Jello . I plan on doing all the washing and house cleaning as well. I have made a big calender to start counting down the 35 days I have until surgery .

}

Bfodal welcome and congrats on your choice to be healthy this is an exciting time for us all . I Aldo want to mentioned I have been journaling and this has help me deal with stress so great deal and I encourage everyone to give it a try. I look forward to sharing ideas and reading everyone's post.

hi Cupcake,

sorry i have not been able to get back...my life is a little hectic right now. Yes my surgery is scheduled for May 5th as well...Getting nervous and excited. My physician has really not required that i start a special diet. I should only be watching my carbs...Which is my downfall! I will be thinking about stocking my fridge with post op supplies in a few weeks. Anyone have any good ideas on what to stock up on?

Cookie