Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone having surgery in May

Hello!! I'm scheduled for May 8th, it's coming up fast!

Jolenemb - we are scheduled for the same date!
RchobbyThat's awesome!! Did you start the liquid diet? I am so dizzy tonight, I'm not diabetic so not sure shat to think. Maybe detoxing already? I hope tomorrow is better I won't be able to work feeling like this.

Hello!! I'm scheduled for May 8th, it's coming up fast!

Jolenemb - we are scheduled for the same date!
RchobbyThat's awesome!! Did you start the liquid diet? I am so dizzy tonight, I'm not diabetic so not sure shat to think. Maybe detoxing already? I hope tomorrow is better I won't be able to work feeling like this.
I've heard the first 3 days of the liquid diet are the hardest then pretty easy after that.

I've heard the first 3 days of the liquid diet are the hardest then pretty easy after that.

Today is my first day and I am having a hard time. Not hungry--just the side effects. Hope tomorrow is better for us!

What I'm struggling with now is the idea of quitting smoking. I've smoked since I was 17 years old. Yes I know it's bad for me but I wasn't prepared to give up food and smoking at the same time!!! Yesterday was my last cigarette. Giving up food seems like a minor thing in comparison. I guess I'm distracted now so it's a good thing. Do you smoke?

Actually I quit smoking 3 months 2 days and 1 hr ago to be exact! Lol I have an app on my phone that helped me quit and keeps track of how long I'm smoke free! I had to decide that I wanted this surgery and to totally live a healthy life more than I wanted that little green and white box of demons! (Newports) Lol I totally understand your struggle because I smoked since the age of 15. 25 yrs of smoking and I quit cold turkey so I know if I can do it you can girl! I'm your buddy now lol! I have my pre-op in May 6th.....after I already started my pre-op diet. Where are you from?

Edited by niasia33

Hi I just found out that my surgery got approved after the insurance company originally denied it. I have been waiting a long time (or at least it seems that way) on this roller coaster. I found out today my final weigh in will be may 2nd and I will get my official surgery date then but it looks like May will be my month!

Hi I just found out that my surgery got approved after the insurance company originally denied it. I have been waiting a long time (or at least it seems that way) on this roller coaster. I found out today my final weigh in will be may 2nd and I will get my official surgery date then but it looks like May will be my month!

Good luck Stacyann81, keep us updated how you are doing! Come vent with us when you need it! LOL

Today is my first day and I am having a hard time. Not hungry--just the side effects. Hope tomorrow is better for us!

I'm doing much better today, dr said feeling bad and diarrhea for about 3 days is normal. We have to use the Bariatric Advantage Protein Shakes and there's lots of Fiber. Hope you're doing well today!!!

I have not started my pre-op diet yet but I started drinking Protein Shakes to get use to them. I have been drinking them with Almond Milk but the last couple of days I've had horrible stomach pain. Today I went back to using regular milk. Does everyone have this? Do I just need to keep at and let my body get use to it? Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Hi everyone I just got a called from surgeon office my surgery has been rescheduled until May 19/14 ugh but it was a family emergency and I'm going to stay positive and focus because it is out of my control, my liquid diet for my liver shrink starts may 14/14.

I am having surgery done May.1 20 14 i am so excited coming right on time for the summer .

I am doing my preop now the 1st 3 days i was like o my but after that its great im enjoying this, i am counting down for my date may 1, 20 14

Hi everyone I just got a called from surgeon office my surgery has been rescheduled until May 19/14 ugh but it was a family emergency and I'm going to stay positive and focus because it is out of my control, my liquid diet for my liver shrink starts may 14/14.

Good luck cupcake. Keep us updated! I will have mine on the 22nd

I have not started my pre-op diet yet but I started drinking Protein Shakes to get use to them. I have been drinking them with Almond Milk but the last couple of days I've had horrible stomach pain. Today I went back to using regular milk. Does everyone have this? Do I just need to keep at and let my body get use to it? Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Try mixing them with Water. I know it doesn't sound as good, but that might help with the tummy issues.

You have the right attitude. We'll all still be here rootin you on!!!

Purpleiris thank you I was so upset yesterday when I got the call and i had to rearrange everything because my date was original May 5, but then I thought about it emergencies happen , and the doctor is human too, and I love my surgeon so its ok. This just gives me more additional tie to loose more weight, prepare and stay focus.