Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

Hello to All

My name is Lori Ann and I feel the hunger pangs like crazy...they start at the bottom of my stomach and move all the way up...if definitely isn't head hunger. I am trying real hard to practice self restraint because when I eat I am not getting full. I was banded on the 24th of May and I was fine after surgery for about a week and then I began to feel like I was starving. I have tried all the suggestions that I have gotten here....protein always first. I just started the mushies stage, but I don't want to do anything high in calories, because I have been real good about all of the rules....I feel like eating mashed potatoes would defeat my purpose. So I try to do Water, water, water. I do a high Protein dring in the morning, cottage cheese at lunch, and bowl of Soup for dinner......I CAN HARDLY WAIT UNTIL MY FIRST FILL. My doctor won't do my fill until the first week in July....only a couple of weeks away. Good luck to everyone!!! We're in this together!! Eventually we will be able to utilize our band like we are supposed to do.....we just need to make it through this tough time and I know we can with all the support and experience we find on this board.

Love to all,

Lori Ann

i'm so bad...but i just gotta say it. have some potatoes. it's NOT going to kill you and if it'll tide you over to your first fill, why not? this band is suppose to help us and i know myself, whenever i start a really strict diet, i'm just setting myself up for failure. i haven't lost quite as much as you have, but i haven't gone through bander hell either (i hope i don't have to eat those words!!! :hungry:)

anyway, that's my 2 cents. i'm sure someone else will tell you to grin and bear it! :biggrin1: you just gotta do what works for you.

best of luck!

Just something interesting. I flew yesterday, and the port set off the metal detector. I had to have a personal visit from the special screener, and that hand wand was beeping every time it crossed the port scar.

So, either the ports DO set off the scanners, despite what the doc said, or they left a screwdriver in me :rolleyes:

I have lots of restriction in the morning - can barely get down half a

non-fat yogurt. By lunch, I am fairly hungry and can eat well-mashed

chicken salad (but for some reason, I can't tolerate tuna salad!). By

dinner, I'm ravenous, and am eating either more chicken salad, hummus,

chili, refried Beans or cottage cheese and some pudding. But, I have no

restriction at all and never feel full in the evening! And the foods that I

can get in have plenty of Protein, but are too high in fat and calories. So

frustrating!

As you can tell, I'm on the soft food stage and am supposed to be

introducing solid food - one new item at a time. But it's not working out

so far. I tried chicken salad that was more chunky and chewed it to

death, but two or three very small bites and I got the golf ball feeling,

but I'm not satisfied! Grilled salmon had the same effect.

I had been on a nutrionist-supervised diet prior to banding and lost over

50 lbs. I want to follow the good eating habits I learned with the

nutrionist, but at the moment, I can't seem to do it. I'm sure this will

pass, but right now I'm very demoralized. I know weight loss is not the

issue right now, healing is. But I don't want to go backwards!

Sorry to be so whiny, but I'm feeling a bit down on myself today.

Hope others are having a better time of it than I am.

Cheers,

Margaret (aka NimbleBean)

<TABLE class=MsoNormalTable style="BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; BORDER-TOP: medium none; MARGIN: auto auto auto -8.1pt; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-yfti-tbllook: 1184; mso-padding-alt: 0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=1><TBODY><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 0; mso-yfti-firstrow: yes"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: black 1pt solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=bottom>Monday</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: black 1pt solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=bottom>Tuesday</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: black 1pt solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=bottom>Wednesday</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: black 1pt solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=bottom>Thursday</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: black 1pt solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=bottom>Friday</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: black 1pt solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>Sat.</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 1"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: black 1pt solid; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top></TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>1</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>2

LauraP

lorilynn06

uniqueone

Slackaction

susansilver

lettice5

soon2bbanded

Kadrianmatthews

Willowwind

bhill@ensource.

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>3

Spa-chic

mommalee

Trinitys mom

chickatee

RAYSBABE

Maya1983

vscherer

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>4

robgoblin87

Mr. Yoda

ginger205

Bullwinkle

lodum

Susan3343

masonkr

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>5</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 2"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: black 1pt solid; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>7

NVGirl

PghMomof3

Muse

Macysgranny

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>8

healthny

crabcake

NaeNae

lubterp

Shar

Roxie1951

Tamjpjb

CypressMom2007

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>9

<O:pJerseyDori

Mischievous1

ShayDee

katspaww

dawnc27wa

quiltinginiowa

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>10<O:p

cindyluhu

<O:pcfred

Oilburner

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>11

buscove24

mommytokk

NicksWife22

dolphingirl

samiam

sjmimi

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>12</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 3"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: black 1pt solid; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>14

SoulfulGrandma

rubylyn

amandawv

melissa o

NurseLaureli

mannamay

legster

Dutchgrl59

phuber40

bandito31

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>15

JennyC724

<O:plosin’it

MaryumC

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>16

KYsunshine

SillyWillyMommy

keiko

Short01

LPfromDABx

Christine516

MsDad

cs5646

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>17

twinmommy

Wenjea

eljmom

Wen

LisaM

Laurienj

PineNut

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>18

widabbut

michelle lowrey

Mal

rachelb123

Shell850

readytolose

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>19</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 4"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: black 1pt solid; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>21

susaninnkc

METALBAND

MPatrizzi

luv2bingo07

ontheway

SElaine

mcgreen

Manatte

LilMonkey

CAWalsh

annielkd

virginiann

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>22

NimbleBean

GinaKirwan

munchkin

jsrico

anjul19

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>23

kacee

RKidder

ragdollx19

Tagger

AudreyG

smileygirl

almanorgirl

SC-Cindy

ljuht115

tumonbug

Startin'Over

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>24

Kansassooner

cyndilou29

amy

Phyllis S

jojo

sue11

Lori Ann

speshelk

Tagger

kaylali

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>25

Olivia3031

jobyone1

kaylali

weightingtolose

Quest4lesslbs

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>26

JaneC

</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 5; mso-yfti-lastrow: yes"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: black 1pt solid; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>28

cutiepie77

liberattor

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>29

SpecialK77

bun1

deb24

Xeiah

debruny

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>30

violeteyes37

Karamyl

Direct Hit

hoosierpoms

cmacinga

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>31

Joyful1

pokerprincess

jfran

AZga

Kwalla girl

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Just something interesting. I flew yesterday, and the port set off the metal detector. I had to have a personal visit from the special screener, and that hand wand was beeping every time it crossed the port scar.

So, either the ports DO set off the scanners, despite what the doc said, or they left a screwdriver in me :rolleyes:

wow! that blows- hope that doesn't happen to you every time! I flew on Tuesday and had no problems with mine- didn't have the tightness of the band I've heard some people talk about either. good thing i found- for the first time in several years I didn't need the seat belt extender!!!!! WOOOO!

I have lots of restriction in the morning - can barely get down half a

non-fat yogurt. By lunch, I am fairly hungry and can eat well-mashed

chicken salad (but for some reason, I can't tolerate tuna salad!). By

dinner, I'm ravenous, and am eating either more chicken salad, hummus,

chili, refried Beans or cottage cheese and some pudding. But, I have no

restriction at all and never feel full in the evening! And the foods that I

can get in have plenty of Protein, but are too high in fat and calories. So

frustrating!

As you can tell, I'm on the soft food stage and am supposed to be

introducing solid food - one new item at a time. But it's not working out

so far. I tried chicken salad that was more chunky and chewed it to

death, but two or three very small bites and I got the golf ball feeling,

but I'm not satisfied! Grilled salmon had the same effect.

I had been on a nutrionist-supervised diet prior to banding and lost over

50 lbs. I want to follow the good eating habits I learned with the

nutrionist, but at the moment, I can't seem to do it. I'm sure this will

pass, but right now I'm very demoralized. I know weight loss is not the

issue right now, healing is. But I don't want to go backwards!

Sorry to be so whiny, but I'm feeling a bit down on myself today.

Hope others are having a better time of it than I am.

Cheers,

Margaret (aka NimbleBean)

Hang in there Margaret! I feel the same way- full in the morning and until around dinner. Tonight I know I ate too much- had 4 oz-5 oz of fish and 1/2 cup mashed potatoes. I felt full after but not sick. Can't wait for my fill next week!

Hello all,

I am a June Bandster, banded June 7! One week out and started mushies this week. I wanted to ask you guys since you are one step ahead of us June bees! When you go to Mushies, if you have a Protein Shake, like a powder in a smoothie, or a slimfast, does that count as one of your Proteins? I think this is going to be hard. It is like learning to eat in baby steps and you don't know what is to much!! I don't feel really much restriction, and I won't have my first fill until mid July!!

Thanks for your insights!!

You all are May fantastic!!!!!!

So, either the ports DO set off the scanners, despite what the doc said, or they left a screwdriver in me ;)

I went to the airport last week and did not set anything off? I was at Dallas-Ft. Worth International Airport and went out of my way to wear nothing with metal in it so I could test it out. I dont know if it matters but I have the low profile port.

Does anyone know if it would be bad to ride a roller coaster with the band? One of my goals is to ride some roller coasters when I lose some more weight. Common sense tells me it should be no big deal even if they are the kind that go upside down. My head tells me dont do ANYTHING that could mess this up for yourself!

Hello all,

I am a June Bandster, banded June 7! One week out and started mushies this week. I wanted to ask you guys since you are one step ahead of us June bees! When you go to Mushies, if you have a Protein Shake, like a powder in a smoothie, or a slimfast, does that count as one of your Proteins? I think this is going to be hard. It is like learning to eat in baby steps and you don't know what is to much!! I don't feel really much restriction, and I won't have my first fill until mid July!!

Thanks for your insights!!

You all are May fantastic!!!!!!

I don't know how your Doc tells you how to track you Protein intake, my told me to get in a certain amount of grams of protein per day. So if I had powder in a soothie, or slimfast, I would keep track of the protein grams. I was trying to get around 80 grams per day. Hope this helps. Good luck on your journey....

Debbie,

I was banded April 30 2007 and had a similar experience to you. It took five weeks for me to heal. It's hard when others that were banded at the same time as you are getting fills and you can't. I had my first fill on Tuesday of this week which was 6 weeks after surgery. My doctor is working with me to get me to my "sweet spot" on schedule.

Good luck.

Ann

I was banded on May 31 and am glad to join you May bandsters. Yester day was the end of two weeks and I began soft foods, according to my dr. I see him on Monday. I am continuing with the Protein. I went to my dr.'s support group this past Tuesday and there were band parients form longer ago who stated that they have more success when protein is added, not just the amounts in food. When those people who've lost over 100 pounds tell me what has worked for them, I tend to listen. For now, if I really want mashed potatoes, I just watch my portion and count the calories so that I don't creep up too high.

I was banded on May 31 and am glad to join you May bandsters. Yester day was the end of two weeks and I began soft foods, according to my dr. I see him on Monday. I am continuing with the Protein. I went to my dr.'s support group this past Tuesday and there were band parients form longer ago who stated that they have more success when protein is added, not just the amounts in food. When those people who've lost over 100 pounds tell me what has worked for them, I tend to listen. For now, if I really want mashed potatoes, I just watch my portion and count the calories so that I don't creep up too high.

Well that makes a lot of sense.....about the protein thing. I did Nurtisystem at the begining of the year and lost a little weight, but it was hard for me to stick to the program because the food was not that good. Well what I did notice is that all the food had lots of protein in it. They even put lots in maccoroni and chesse! I wonder if we can buy protien and cook with it??? I am no genius in the kitchen so it would take a miracle to figure all that out.

Sandra

Banded 05/22/2007

Dr. Hadar Spivak

Houston, Texas

Highest weight 255

Surgery weight 242

current weight 225

goal weight 175

Hello all! I guess I'm hear to be the "naysayer" in the group. I had my followup appt with Dr. Lin on Wednesday the 14th and he wanted to do a fill. I said no. My reasons are somewhat strange, but I thought I'd share them.

Right now, I am eating about 800 calories a day. I can physically eat more, but I'm not hungry when I eat those 800. That is, if I eat the right foods at the right times. For me, that means completely skipping Breakfast (maybe it's bad, but it's working right now). I'm tighter in the morning and not hungry any, so I figure why force it. I then have maybe a small 60 cal smoothie mid morning and then have a late lunch. By then my band has opened up and I can eat, so I have a 400 calories late lunch and a 400 cal dinner. After dinner I soothe myself on free foods - sf Jello, sf popsicles until I go to sleep.

I have weight issues that deal with lots of stuff, so I've been seeing a counselor to help me adjust to the weight loss. One thing I decided is that I really don't want to be really tight - I don't want to PB or slime. So I'm going to try to use a little more willpower instead, as long as I can take it that is.

So that's my little perspective - no fill for now and not scheduled for one. I just think that if I can maintain 800 calories - I don't need a fill. I think eating any less than that is a bad choice for me. Whenever my hunger gets really bad, I'm going to try a very small fill first. (I have a VG band). So maybe this will work....

MaryumC

weight.png

MaryumC...

That's exactly what the ADJUSTABLE band is about. No one is the same and we all have different needs according to our own will power, emotional and physical needs. I've heard of banders who never fill and are sucessful in their weight loss. It's all about the individual need.

I've always been one to skip Breakfast too, but I have changed that. They say that it slows your metabolism if you don't eat in the AM. I have a protien drink (Warm Mocha) in the AM. It's my morning coffee...warm & yummy. They say that a warm drink "opens" the band in the AM. We all have to do what works best for ourselves.

Congrats on your sucess!

Maryumc,

My doctor doesn't automatically schedule a fill, it is pretty individual. His philosophy is that if you are still losing an average of 1 - 2 pounds a week, that that is appropriate, what we should be losing. When we stop losing or are constantly eating, he will have us schedule a fill. I'm personally in no hurry, as I am averaging about 2 pounds a week since my last visit. However, I just was able to start eating regular food as of Wednesday, so everything could change soon, who knows. It's really kinda funny how I got so spoiled my first 3 - 4 weeks post surgery of losing weight so quickly, that now 1 - 2 pounds a week seems like not enough to me, I want the scale to move more, and I want it off yesterday. How spoiled am I?!!! This is an adventure, and I'm really starting the enjoy the ride!!

Good luck to you.

Cindy

I was banded on May 31 and am glad to join you May bandsters. Yester day was the end of two weeks and I began soft foods, according to my dr. I see him on Monday. I am continuing with the Protein. I went to my dr.'s support group this past Tuesday and there were band parients form longer ago who stated that they have more success when Protein is added, not just the amounts in food. When those people who've lost over 100 pounds tell me what has worked for them, I tend to listen. For now, if I really want mashed potatoes, I just watch my portion and count the calories so that I don't creep up too high.

If you don't mind me asking who your doctor you said you went to group meeting on Tuesday that's the same day my doctor has his. Just wondering if we have the same doctor

Hello all! I guess I'm hear to be the "naysayer" in the group. I had my followup appt with Dr. Lin on Wednesday the 14th and he wanted to do a fill. I said no. My reasons are somewhat strange, but I thought I'd share them.

Right now, I am eating about 800 calories a day. I can physically eat more, but I'm not hungry when I eat those 800. That is, if I eat the right foods at the right times. For me, that means completely skipping breakfast (maybe it's bad, but it's working right now). I'm tighter in the morning and not hungry any, so I figure why force it. I then have maybe a small 60 cal smoothie mid morning and then have a late lunch. By then my band has opened up and I can eat, so I have a 400 calories late lunch and a 400 cal dinner. After dinner I soothe myself on free foods - sf Jello, sf popsicles until I go to sleep.

I have weight issues that deal with lots of stuff, so I've been seeing a counselor to help me adjust to the weight loss. One thing I decided is that I really don't want to be really tight - I don't want to PB or slime. So I'm going to try to use a little more willpower instead, as long as I can take it that is.

So that's my little perspective - no fill for now and not scheduled for one. I just think that if I can maintain 800 calories - I don't need a fill. I think eating any less than that is a bad choice for me. Whenever my hunger gets really bad, I'm going to try a very small fill first. (I have a VG band). So maybe this will work....

MaryumC

weight.png

I totally agree. I'm not getting a fill until I stop loosing. Right now I do about 500-600 calories a day and it's working. Keep doing what works.