Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

twinmommy - I hit a plateau for two weeks! I talked to the nutritionist and she said I wasn't eating enough and suggested I eat some more. I dropped one of my Protein Shakes so I only drink 60gr per day now and added a healthy meal. The scale finally moved again . . . slowly . . .but I'm three pounds down from the plateau. Yea!

I've had a busy long weekend... had the future inlaws visiting from out of town.. did alot of walking...but didn't do any biking... so, no new numbers to add to my June challenge.... I'm on soft foods... so I've gained a bit more freedom of choice.... but my choices prob could have been better (TOM is here... so there was some ice cream added into my diet lately)... since TOM is here I'm gonna hold off on weighing in.... BUT I can tell that my clothes are getting loose.. :-)

I saw this and thought of it kindof as my theme song...I am trying to tame my BEAST. It's still in there....but I am trying to make it submissive........

The beast in me<script language="javascript" src="../../song_in_bot.js"></script>

I love that song! Hope I'm not the only Johnny Cash fan here. :-) This is from 2003, after his illness was beginning to show.

<object height="350" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNQFzXtTjTA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" height="350" width="425"></object>

:help:has anyone else experienced this, my main opening isnt healing as fast as it should, i am three weeks out this wednesday and i still have two holes at my fill site, i have been back to the doctors office once and to er once per doctor because he was out of town, first time he put silver nitrate and antibotic on me and had me on antibotics, waited for a week and thats when i was back in er, yesterday, saw a doctor and surgeon, the surgeon call my regular doctor and says im healing from inside out, and even though i do have infection, its coming out, but i have like two 1/4-1/2 inch openings still, kinda scares me , they say the only difference is i will have a bigger scar, which that doesnt bother me, i would just like to heal shut, still have to change wound three times a day and keep antibotic on them, and still on another set of antibotics, just wondering if anyone else went through anything like this and if so, how long did it take you do finally close and heal, ..............congratulations on all of the new banders and good luck.:clap2:...............debbie

twinmommy - I hit a plateau for two weeks! I talked to the nutritionist and she said I wasn't eating enough and suggested I eat some more. I dropped one of my Protein Shakes so I only drink 60gr per day now and added a healthy meal. The scale finally moved again . . . slowly . . .but I'm three pounds down from the plateau. Yea!

I went to the nutritionist today to advance to solids. I had lost .8 lbs. in two weeks. I still have to wait until the middle of July for my first fill. It was like ever since they put me on mushies my stomach was like "Oh Yeah, I remember this! This is what I want." This past week has been really bad. I need to get back on track. They said no more Protein Drinks again. No liquid calories at all. I can do 9oz. of Protein a day (3-3oz. meals) then fruits and veggies, then carbs. They said to try and stay away from mushies. We go on vacation on Friday. So far, nothing has made me sick. Not good! I need some restriction.

Well, I had my first fill today. I opted to go non-anesthetized, since I figured the needle to numb me wouldn't be any worse than the fill needle. I was right. There was a small stick, followed by a little pressure and that's all I felt until about 10 secs later when the nurse popped it out. I only got about .5 cc since I've been feeling fairly restricted since the surgery. The nurse wanted me to make my next appt for 2-3 weeks, but their schedules were pretty full, so it won't be until July 9th. Hopefully I won't need another fill before then!

crabcake......did they make sure that you could get fluids in? Are you on liquids again?

Thanks for posting!

Actually, no they didn't. And no, I'm not on liquids. I ate a Protein Bar a couple of hours after my fill and although it felt a little tight, by chewing it really well, I was fine. I'm gonna be extra cautious the next couple of days though and make sure I don't eat too fast or too much.

Oh, and here's a funny thing for you banders that like to jump on the scales every 5 minutes (:)). This a.m. I weighed 206.5. I knew the doc's office scales weighed me a little heavier and I wanted to try and calibrate my scales as close to theirs as possible. At the office, several hours later, I weighed 211.5 and when I got home, I weighed 209.5 on my scales!!! The last time I weighed on their scales I thought they were about 4 pounds heavier than mine. Now they're showing 2-5 pounds heavier depending on how you look at it. So, that just goes to show you that you can make yourself crazy w/ these scales!

ljuht115 - I am pureeing thicker Soups like spit pea and navybean in the bullet, also chili or baked Beans. I tried some stroganoff the other night and it was very yummy. Just added Water or NF milk to get the consistency I wanted. I also puree fruit so I don't get a big chunck stuck. I've been eating cooked green beans w/o puree. I pretty much take what ever my family is having and puree it first for me. This Thursday I move to mushies so I will try more things w/o pureeing first.

Hi Wenjea -

Thanks for the info - that helps a ton!!!! I start my puree in a week and cannot wait. I wonder if dr oh and dr srikanth have the same post op instructions cause mine say puree wks 5-6 an oz at a time per serving having the Protein Shakes in between...

So I will get an oz of cream of wheat and that is it, the rest is Protein drinks and liquids. I will double check my instructions... hmm

Funny thing on the shoes and clothes deal. I was in "denial" a little about my weight gain so I am still fitting into stuff after all my weight loss, I am still somewhat bloated but I have at least 2 sizes down worth of clothes to wear before I have to go shopping (yes some of it is dated).

Shoes are fitting loosely as well since I am loosing fat in my FEET. Jeez...

Hope everyone is well...

I guess I am in what thye call "BANSTER HELL" big time. I could eat the paint off the walls. I am getting in all of my fluids and Protein and eating between 900 - 1200 calories a day. I try real hard to keep it on the lower end, but most days are real hard. I walk everyday and have started some weights. The way I am feeling now reminds me so much of ow I felt when I would go to Weight Watchers. I have appt. to get my first fill on the 18th. I can't waith, hope it helps with this hunger issue. Just part of this wonderful jurney I guess.

Bandster Hell...so well named!

The evening bordedom/head hunger is back with a vengence and add a good dose of true hunger and it's not pretty. I'm getting 600-800 calories on 2 more weeks of liquids and protien, then it's on to softs...can't wait!

Sometimes I want to hang a warning sign around my neck at the end of the day saying "Don't push me...you'll be sorry"

I am also experiencing true physical hunger - last night was the worst... I ate a good lowfat high Protein dinner - but an hour later I was starved - and my son had a bunch of friends over and wanted me to go pick up pizza's and munchies - so being the good momma - I did but it about killed me! I had some soy crisps - and was ok - but it is getting harder and harder - can't wait until my first fill! Anne

Hello fellow bandsters,

Well I am 3 weeks out since the banding!!!! I feel good, I have lost 17 so far and am very happy. I figured all this would be harder, but far so good. The only little problem I have is that any time I change my diet I can not have a BM. Total Constipation. Any suggestions on this???? Please help. The first week was the runs, and I have not been for two weeks now so I am desperate.

Sandra

Dr. Hadar Spivak

Houston, Texas

Highest Weight 255

Surgery Weight 242

Current Weight 225

Goal Weight 175

I love this forum! It is sooooo helpful to see that I am not the only one that is struggling....and with the same issues too! I do GREAT everyday until about 2 o'clock....then the munchies hit me with a vengeance. I have done okay not giving in, but just okay. I love my band already and know I wouldn't be where I am today without it. I am looking forward to my first fill on the 19th. Hang in there everyone...we're doing great!

It been a while since I have been on. Getting busy with life now. YEAH!! But I am so glad to read that we are all ready for fills. I too am starting to want more than I should and my head is only part of the reason. I got lucky with my first fill, but Dr. office will be on VC for the 2 weeks that I need the fill, so they are pushing me up to June 18th. YEAH. I can't wait. We go on VC the week of 4th of July and I will need that restriction for the VC. Of course my hubby picked an All Inclusive resort.. great, the test is on. All you can eat and drink? Not getting my monies worth this time, that is for sure.. but better in the long run.

Way to go May Bandsters....

BTW.. What is the June challenge, I missed that?