Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

I am so impressed with the people who are exercising! I am still in a lot of port pain. Right now, 3 weeks out, and I am sitting with a heating pad and had to take one of my pain meds a little while ago!!! I can't wait to feel good enough to work out...I have post op envy!!!!!! I did do a lot of housework today and I am sure that is why I am so sore tonight.

I am also amazed at the people looking for a fill, I can barley get any food in!! Today I have had and egg beater and a chicken finger and both felt like they were going to get stuck. Back to Liquid Protein tonight.

So is there anyone out there in the same boat as me?????? I am still happy that I did it because for the first time in a long time the scale is moving in the right direction!!!!

I am so impressed with the people who are exercising! I am still in a lot of port pain. Right now, 3 weeks out, and I am sitting with a heating pad and had to take one of my pain meds a little while ago!!! I can't wait to feel good enough to work out...I have post op envy!!!!!! I did do a lot of housework today and I am sure that is why I am so sore tonight.

I am also amazed at the people looking for a fill, I can barley get any food in!! Today I have had and egg beater and a chicken finger and both felt like they were going to get stuck. Back to liquid Protein tonight.

So is there anyone out there in the same boat as me?????? I am still happy that I did it because for the first time in a long time the scale is moving in the right direction!!!!

MB, it's taken me a while to recover as well. I'm 5 weeks out and have my first fill tomorrow. I called them and asked if I should reschedule because I still feel tight, but they told me to come on in so I could talk to the nurse and the dr. I'm pretty much staying off the scales as much as I can, 'cause my weight has been fluctuating and I start feeling stupid for spending $14 K when it might not work. I know, that's just a head game I'm playing w/ myself, but that's why I've stayed off the scales. When I get past that infamous 20 (the 20 I keep losing, gaining, losing and gaining) and drop into onderland, then I'll start feeling really good about this. Although, I must say, I'm bound to be losing some, even if only in small increments. I just can't eat like I used to!!! Yeah!!!

Today was the first day I've exercised at all. My doc said nothing except walking for the first 5 weeks. So, tonight I went swimming. Not up to my usual speed, but I got more exercise than I've been getting. I think I'll try to head back to Curves next week.

Unfortunately, I don't think I'm getting all my protein and Water in, but I am making better food choices. One thing that's really bugged me, is I feel really bloated! :mmph: Anyone else having this problem? I don't have the TOM anymore, so it's not that.

All in all, I'm happy I've done this. Even though the scales are only inching down, I know that's mainly because I haven't gotten into the groove w/ the diet and exercise. But bottom line, I feel positive for the first time in a long time.

Crabcake.....good luck tomorrow. Let us know if you get the fill and how it went. I do feel bloated too. Its good that you are staying away from the scale, I go on and get mad it there is no movement. I feel like I am eating so little compared to what I used to eat that I should be able to watch the scale move!!

I did not have to pay for the band but I would have because I was so desperate to get healthy. You did the right thing, it will be all worth it in the long run.

Keep us posted tomorrow.

Crabcake.....good luck tomorrow. Let us know if you get the fill and how it went.

Thanks, will do. I don't think I'm going to get the shot to numb it up. Someone else on the forum said that shot was as bad as the fill itself. We'll see...I may change my mind once I see the needle!!! :)

I had a follow-up appointment with my nutritionist this morning. All went well, and she had some scales in there so I hopped on. I lost another 5 pounds since 5/24/07 for a total of 10 pounds since surgery and 26 since pre-surgery diet started.

Also, my gym opened today so I went to get acquainted with the machines, then checked out the elliptical, too. I'll probably go tomorrow just to do the treadmill or elliptical, then Weds. will be my first real "workout". I'm psyched!

I made it through my birthday this past weekend with no problems!

Sorry to hear some of you are still having pain. Just keep your eyes on the prize!

Metalband...

I'll be 3 weeks on Thursday, and yes, I still enjoy the comfort of my heating pad, and sometimes my icepack too. My port swelling doesn't seem to want to go away. A week ago I was suffering such sholder pain i hardly noticed the port pain, but the sholder pain is doing much better and now the port pain has increased. I'm sure it's irritated but the increased activity and the fact that I sit at a computer at work. I'm much more comfortable in any possition other than sitting upright. The sholder pain is resolving and I know the port pain will too. It is really hard to believe that some people don't have port pain. Luck them!!!

Good evening everyone -

Well went for my post op today and received approval to make an appt for my first fill on june 29th!!! I will be on vacation the entire week of July 4th so it is a perfect time to get a small restriction.

Metalband - I am really sore tonight too - going to bed and resting - ditto on what sue11 said about working and sitting up all day. My dr said today it could take a few more weeks. i still feel the air stuck on my right side under my diaphram in my back! Does anyone have an answer on how long exactly it takes to get rid of ALL the gas and bloating????

All else is well healing wise. I continue to loose slowly but surely. (faster than I ever have before I guess)..

legster - good job on the weight loss!!!!!!!!

Gnite everyone..

Well Sue and ljuht115, thanks for the replies, misery loves company LOL! I am glad that its not just me because I would start to think something is wrong.

I like what legster said "Keep your eyes o the prize"! I know it will all be worth it!

I should feel lucky that I did not get the shoulder pain, I hope yours goes away soon.

We are all doing an A MAY ZING job.....keep up the good work and keep the updates coming!

Hey Judy...where are you, hope all is well!

Yes, the damn thing is still there! Although it isn't all of the time! I feel it mostly after I am done eating/drinking something. If you get an answer from your PCP I'd LOVE to know what it is! I am three weeks out as of tomorrow...hard to believe! Besides the throat, how are you doing?

I called my doctor and he said it could be a mild bacterial infection in my mouth (gross I know but this sometimes happens after antibiotics). He gave me "swish and swallow" medication that I am doing every 4 hours and I can see some minor improvement.

MaryumC- congrats on your 47lb weightloss!!! I have lost 22lbs since feb. 07 12 before surgery and 10 since and I am not quite 2 weeks post op. I am seeing a loss of 2-3 lbs a week now and I am happy with that. My doc and some other lapbanders as well as a fitness trainer told me that you can exercise too much. I exercise 30 minutes a day 5-6 days a week and try to intersperse strength training with that. I can see a big difference in my legs (I have skinny ankles!!!) and I have lost 1in in each arm (I am thrilled about this). Good luck and gradually build up your exercise, don't push your body too much.

Okay, I broke a rule this morning and am paying for it big time. I had my first fill last week. My dr says only Protein Drinks for Breakfast due to tightness in the am. Guess I didn't believe it and decided to have a scrambled egg this morning. Gosh, am I paying for it now. I only got down about 1/2 off the egg and I'm majorly sliming and feeling the tell-tale tightness in my chest!!! Geez, it's terrible. Now, hiccups have started too. Kinda wish it would just come up at this point! Needless to say, the rest of the egg is in the garbage and I won't make that mistake again!!

Hey everyone---

It has been a while since updating! So far, so good. I have managed to lose 22.5 lbs. since being banded. It is nice to finally see the 220's. I have not been this low since I do not remember. I know that when my DH and I got together, I was hovering around 215. So, needless to say, I will be so excited once I get below 200. I see that some people on here are already exercising. Now, I have not started yet because doc say I needed so heal some first, but not I am feeling better and am ready. I have an elipticle(don't know if I spelled that right), a gazell, a stationary bike, and a treadmill. Between all of those, I should be able to get something accomplished..lol. Although I have been doing a little swimming, I guess you can count that as exercise.

Anyway, I am happy to report that I no longer have a double chin and I am losing weight in the strangest places. My toes are actually getting skinnier. LOL...I mean, come on, I am not worried about the toes. I want the mid-section to go bye-bye. Well, time will tell. I am also happy to report that my sister joined to band-wagon on June 6th and with her pre-op diet and surgery she has lost a combined---22 lbs. She was heavier than me. Right at about 320 lbs. I hear the heavier you are, the faster you lose at first. Nonetheless, she is doing awesome and her outlook now is fantastic.

Now, this may sound kinda gross, but I am finally on a regular bowel movement schedule. I was getting worried because I just was not going as often as before and doc reminded me that I am not eating as much and so therefore, there is not much to get rid of. Makes sense huh???? Well, I will keep my may-bandsters posted on the progress and I am so happy to see that everyone seems to be doing good. Keep up the great work and I cannot wait to see more progress from you all. Take care! :)

Hey everyone---

Anyway, I am happy to report that I no longer have a double chin and I am losing weight in the strangest places. My toes are actually getting skinnier. LOL...I mean, come on, I am not worried about the toes. I want the mid-section to go bye-bye. :)

I had a funny experience this Sunday. I was getting ready for church and went to slide my sandles on...my feet were sloshing around in every pair I tried! I've lost weight many times in the past (as have most all of us) and I've never had my feet get so skinny. it's great because I've always had fat feet, now I'll fit into shoes better. I figure it's probably helped along by the tight restricted diet that s much lower in sodium than usual, get rid of all that excess Water weight that swells my hands & feet.

Anyhow, I got a chuckle out of it...LOL :D

PS...all my summer clothes that were way too tight are fitting great!!! :)

Oh ya...I went right out after church and got a peddie and bought some toe rings...hehehe!

I saw this and thought of it kindof as my theme song...I am trying to tame my BEAST. It's still in there....but I am trying to make it submissive........

The beast in me

Is caged by frail and fragile bars

Restless by day

And by night rants and rages at the stars

God help the beast in me

The beast in me

Has had to learn to live with pain

And how to shelter from the rain

And in the twinkling of an eye

Might have to be restrained

God help the beast in me

Sometimes it tries to kid me

That it's just a teddy bear

And even somehow manage to vanish in the air

And that is when I must beware

Of the beast in me that everybody knows

They've seen him out dressed in my clothes

Patently unclear If it's New York or New Year

God help the beast in me

The beast in me

<SCRIPT language=javascript src="../../song_in_bot.js"></SCRIPT>

ljuht115 - I am pureeing thicker Soups like spit pea and navybean in the bullet, also chili or baked Beans. I tried some stroganoff the other night and it was very yummy. Just added Water or NF milk to get the consistency I wanted. I also puree fruit so I don't get a big chunck stuck. I've been eating cooked green beans w/o puree. I pretty much take what ever my family is having and puree it first for me. This Thursday I move to mushies so I will try more things w/o pureeing first.