Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

Hey Rag and mcgreen....let us know how that goes for you guys. Marjorie...are you going to Spivak's office? My first fill is tomorrow morning. I guess I go to the office to see him because they didn't say anything about the surgicenter. REALLY counting the hours down.

You better call and ask kacee! It would suck to show up at your doctors only to be told you are at the wrong place! I go to a surgery center for mine. Different doc of course!

You guys are all so lucky. I think I am jealous of you all going for (or already have had), your first fills. Mine is nowhere in sight. My doctor won't schedule one till we stop losing, catch 22. I should just be happy, right? I suppose, I'm still averaging 1 - 2 pounds a week. It just feels like I can eat anything, any amount. I'll just have to keep being really careful, I guess. Congrats to all, you are all doing SO WELL!!

keep up the great work and let us know all the details about your fills!!

Cindy

Well I got my first fill. I must say I was a little intimidated by the size of the needle and that they did not numb the skin before doing it. I could see my port and the needle going in on the screen which was cool.

They stuck the needle in and I didnt even feel it. Very strange feeling but good. No pain at all and I was able to drink the nasty chalk stuff and Water afterward with no problems. To anyone waiting for their 1st fill it is NO BIG DEAL! I got 1.5 cc.

COUNT DOWN TO FIRST FILL.....2.5 HOURS!!! Ok, I am a littel terrified, I have hear good things and bad. My son who is 10 and is my strong one is going with to hold my hand during the whole thing. My baby is soooo sweet. My husband said whats he gonna do drive you home if you dont feel well,,,,,,haha! My son will just be there for support! I was not afraid of the surgery, but funny how I am afraid of the FILL. I have never really had much port pain, but since yesterday it hurts. I bend down to tie my shoes and it hurt, and then I rolled over in bed and it hurt. I think its my mind playing tricks on me! LOL! Well I will let you guys know of my "FILL EXPERIENCE". Wish me luck, heck just pray I dont pass out when I see the needle coming! LOL!

Sandra

Highest Weight 255

surgery weight 242

current weight 227....I gained 2 pounds!!

goal weight 175

I never, ever see any needle coming! :-) No thank you!

U mean no fills??? I had no choice but to see the needle. It was laying on a small table by the door when I walked in. Hard not to watch someone about to stick you with it when they walk over to you with it in their hand! Yikes. No pain at all though really, my IV numbing shot at the hospital hurt more.

I won't look at needles, but I will get a fill. If averting my eyes doesn't seem like it will work, I will close them! I don't see why I would have to look, but maybe I'm wrong. lol I'm scheduled for a fill on the 28th. Can't wait!

Ginger,

I am going in for my first fill this morning so i dont have any experience yet. How many cc's does your band hold? My doctor told me that if I got a fill and did not have a noticeable amount of restriction within the first week and a half to call for another fill. Otherwise, I would be waiting 4 weeks for my next one. Just a thought, you may call your doctor and tell them the problem!

Good luck!

I think my band will hold 11cc, sounds like an odd amount, but I think that is what he said. I have an appointment for July 3rd, which will be two weeks. He said that was as close as he would do a second fill! I am doing better today.

I want to hear about everyone's fills! It was hard for me to answer all the questions! He kept having me drink Water and see what would go down.

He also said something to me about spacing out your bites, but I can't remember what, does anyone know anything about that?

Thanks for all the support!

He also said something to me about spacing out your bites, but I can't remember what, does anyone know anything about that?

I'm not sure, but he may have been talking about the 8 bite method? Take 8 small bites, then wait a bit to see if that went down okay, then try 8 more. I read about this method somewhere and thought it made sense for when you are "trying out" a new fill.

Hey Rag and mcgreen....let us know how that goes for you guys. Marjorie...are you going to Spivak's office? My first fill is tomorrow morning. I guess I go to the office to see him because they didn't say anything about the surgicenter. REALLY counting the hours down.

hi Kacee- it was no problem and was at spivak's office. One of the nurses did it without fluro- blind stick. I had some restriction already just with the band in place so they put a little over 1 cc. I felt too tight drinking Water at 1.5 (my band can hold 4 cc). the sucky part is going back to liquids for 24 hours then back to mushies for two more days after tasting real food

it definitely did not feel good going into the skin but once it was in, it was ok.

You guys are all so lucky. I think I am jealous of you all going for (or already have had), your first fills. Mine is nowhere in sight. My doctor won't schedule one till we stop losing, catch 22. I should just be happy, right? I suppose, I'm still averaging 1 - 2 pounds a week. It just feels like I can eat anything, any amount. I'll just have to keep being really careful, I guess. Congrats to all, you are all doing SO WELL!!

keep up the great work and let us know all the details about your fills!!

Cindy

cindy your weight loss is great! I almost didn't get a fill cause I'm still losing but was worried I'd push and push how much I could eat without some extra restriction. Hang in there!!!

Well I got my first fill. I must say I was a little intimidated by the size of the needle and that they did not numb the skin before doing it. I could see my port and the needle going in on the screen which was cool.

They stuck the needle in and I didnt even feel it. Very strange feeling but good. No pain at all and I was able to drink the nasty chalk stuff and water afterward with no problems. To anyone waiting for their 1st fill it is NO BIG DEAL! I got 1.5 cc.

very cool that you got yours under fluro! the xray tech was out at my doc's office this morning so no barium etc.

COUNT DOWN TO FIRST FILL.....2.5 HOURS!!! Ok, I am a littel terrified, I have hear good things and bad. My son who is 10 and is my strong one is going with to hold my hand during the whole thing. My baby is soooo sweet. My husband said whats he gonna do drive you home if you dont feel well,,,,,,haha! My son will just be there for support! I was not afraid of the surgery, but funny how I am afraid of the FILL. I have never really had much port pain, but since yesterday it hurts. I bend down to tie my shoes and it hurt, and then I rolled over in bed and it hurt. I think its my mind playing tricks on me! LOL! Well I will let you guys know of my "FILL EXPERIENCE". Wish me luck, heck just

Keep us posted...i'm SURE you did fine!

U mean no fills??? I had no choice but to see the needle. It was laying on a small table by the door when I walked in. Hard not to watch someone about to stick you with it when they walk over to you with it in their hand! Yikes. No pain at all though really, my IV numbing shot at the hospital hurt more.

I closed my eyes as she brought mine towards me so never saw it, then she had to move over to a table and asked me to "hold" it for a second....argh...that was freaky, but I survived, then when it was over and I was leaving I saw it sitting on the tray and OMG it was huge! I never really felt it, but after seeing it i'm really glad I didn't see it before hand as it really freaked me out how big it was.

Hi I'm Rebecca and I was banded on May 31, 2007. I live in reno nv but had to travel to fresno, ca to get my insurance to approve the surgery. My first fill is scheduled for July 10.