Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

Had my first fill today too...piece of cake as the doctor said, they he rephrased...no cake.

I got 1.8cc in my 4cc band (10cm). It's really hard todnight, I'd like to "test" it, see what "full" feels like, it's been 6 weeks since I've been "full". Oh well a day or 2 and we'll be on our way.

WEll it is not July, but I walked 2 miles at lunch today and was drenched in the humidity and heat..and than ended up going again tonight at the lake by our house and walked another 2 miles. I am bound and determined to get at least 2 -3 miles in each day this week...if not more . I may end up alternating and biking on some of the days to make it more interesting.

Just wanted to share...

Reading about everyone getting fills is making me antsy! Not long for me to wait now...Thursday is the day. Woohoo! I'm hoping my exercising has kept me losing. I haven't eaten anything bad, but the amount I can now eat is more than when I was first banded. Tonight I ate an entire boneless chicken breast sliced and made into a sandwich with 2 slices of whole wheat bread!

Over the holiday, I'm going to be in charge of cooking a lot of food...most of which I probably won't be able to eat so soon after a fill. Also, my hubby's relatives (except his mother) don't know about my band, but will surely notice I'm not tying on the feedbag like in years past. Not sure how I'll handle that, but figure I'll just play it by ear.

Hello all! We have been on vacation in Colorado. It took me a while to catch up on the postings. Sounds like all in all everyone is well. I am glad that I am not the only one who is extremely hungry. I was starting to think I made a big mistake. I didn't gain on vacation, but I didn't lose either. I think I will get my first fill mid July. I am trying not to gain until then. I do really good during the day, then could eat the house at night............

I am getting my first fill this thursday too...I cant wait I am real excited....

Good luck

I had my first fill a week ago. All is going well, learning what this banded life is all about. Just as reminder, CHEW CHEW CHEW..... I had my first (and hope my last) PB this morning. And it was with a banana. I was sitting at my desk and eating my banana, checking emails. Not paying much attention to how I was chewing. Well believe me, a banana can get stuck if you do not chew it well. Had to run to the bathroom and just kinda burped and a piece of banana came out. Hope I don't ever have to do that again. Note to self; pay attention when eating and chew chew chew.

twinmommy...

Congrats on not gaining while vacationing, that's really an accomplishment, especially with no fill.

Well...I had my first fill last Tuesday! I have a lot of restriction....I did liquids for 3 days because I just felt weird on my right side....kinda right underneath my left boob. Like a ache feeling. Well Friday night I tried to eat some mushies and it got stuck so I just gave up. Satarday I tried to have a egg...it got stuck and it was in my chest for hours. That was horrible. Satarday night I had broth and a Protein Shake. Sunday I had some mexican refried bean....I tried to mix a little of rice with it, and if it had rice it didnt go down, I could just eat the Beans by themselves. So I had my Mom make me a big pot of Lentil beans....she makes the beast lentil beans. I figured if I could get beans down I could get Lentil beans down. I have lost 4 more pounds, but my tummy still feels weird. I am real tight in the moring so I just have a Protein shake and Water. lunch is here so I am going to try this food thing again. OOOOhhh yea, as soon as I get full I get the hick ups....and body else have that???

Sandra

Highest weight 255

surgery weight 242

current weight 220

goal 175

Sandra... I cant WAIT to be where you are!! Friday is my fill day. I only hiccup once... and its at random times... sometimes not related to eating or drinking.. I'm not sure where thats coming from ...

I went to the nutritionist today.. she said she didnt think I was eating enough.. but like I told her.. I'm getting full faster... but just not staying full... I'm starving again after an hour of eating ... and its not head hunger either.. my stomach is GROWLING.. she made some simple suggestions..that will hopefully work.

Still didnt lose anymore.. actually according to their scale I've gained 2 lbs... :angry

Sandra,

I hiccup when I get full also. I dont get the hiccups, I usually just have a few big hiccups. It has gotten to where when we are eating and I hiccup, my DH says, "I guess your full". I asked the doc about this and he said that it was when your full stomach pushes against your diaphram causes this to happen. I say it is my body telling my hand to put the fork down.

Melissa,

You are doing soooo great! I am sure after you get your first fill that scale is going to be moving! YEA! I love seeing that scale move! I am at 220 so far...but this morning it was at 218 then 219 before it stayed firm on the 220. So I was just excited that "MY SCALE" was even thinking about those numbers. LOL! For now I pretty much stay full till my next meal....but I know in a couple of weeks it will change. What kind of suggestions did she make for you??? So when I get there I will know what to do.

Sandra

Highest 255

surgery 242

current 220

goal 175

Laura,

Same with me...just a couple of big hiccups and I know I am done. LOL! I find that sooooo funny! I like it though....once I hiccup I gotta drop the fork, push the plate away, and wake away from the table. Congrats on all your weight loss!

Sandra

Highest weight 255

surgery weight 242

current weight 220

goal 175

Sandra,

The nutritionist suggested rather than 3 meals (as my surgeon says) have 6 smaller meals (more like big snacks) per day. For example I told her that last night I had about a 1/4 cup of berries (strawberries and blueberries) for a snack.. she wants me to add in a scoop (about 1/4 cup) of cottage cheese to that. Really they're just small changes ..and like many others I cant stand to even think about another Protein shake...which by the way the nutritionist is fine with...as long as I'm getting my protein elsewhere.

Come on Friday!! HAHA....

Who's out there? We don't have too long to wait!!!:clap2:

I was banded May 29....lost 25 pounds so far....feel incredibly good....no problems so far....eating whatever i want, small portions of course, but fully satisfied