Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

Hi all. I was banded on Tuesday and have had a bit of a rough road but hope I am turning a corner now. I ended up spending a night in the ICU because every time I fell asleep my respiration would drop dangerously low. I was fine the next day and was moved back to the regular surgical unit but had to stay an extra day. I think the fact that I could not walk that first day in ICU but my recovery is going slowly and I am up every 4 hours during the night drenched in sweat and needing my pain meds. I hope I start feeling better soon. Any advice?:help:

Each person's recovery is different, and the fact that it's going slowly isn't a bad thing. If you see even a tiny improvement each day, let that encourage you. I never awoke in a sweat but I did wake up regularly every 4 hours needing my meds. It took me a few days to feel good enough to drop the heavy meds and switch to Tylenol. That kept me comfortable enough so that I was able to sleep a little longer. Each day has gotten a bit better, and believe it or not, it won't be that long before you do feel more human!:o

hi all banders

banded on 23rd, when to post op visit with doctor yesterday, 20 pounds down:clap2:, yipee, also for those of you out there having trouble around your port, mine isnt infected, but bra rubbed against it and dr. said to put polyporin with gauze bandage when wearing bra, and when not, let it have air and keep clean and dry, hope this helps:), my biggest problem is still the Unjury, makes everything i have taste terrible, i just cant get it, my taste buds picks it up over all other tastes, and it seems to thicken my Soups and drinks, is that normal:confused:, but other than that i am doing great and dont regret anything, im not back to exercising really good yet, but i started this long journey because i needed to lose weight due to the fact i have a bad back with four deteriorating discs which prevented me from exercising, so hopefully after some of the weight loss, i can get going with a good exercise program, so as always, all banders , hang in there, things only get better:),and your all in my thoughts and prayers...........debbie

I know what you mean, my taste is sensitive to it too, even the smell. What I find is I use 1 packet of carnation instant Breakfast no sugar added chocolate with one scoop chocolate unjury, 1 cup ff milk and an ice cube and put it in the magic bullet and that works for me. I do the same with the vanilla, and sometimes for a treat will add 4 or 5 frozen strawberries to the vanilla without the ice cube. See if that works.

It is 25 grams of Protein with the instant breakfast. I usually have this on the way to work. Good luck.

Cindy

Hi all I was banded on the 31st the last in the group!! I got to take my dressings off today and went to a store to walk around. I am really tired of the broth already and its only been a couple of days. Friday the 8th I get to get pureed foods. Mashed Potatoes here we come!! I have a little bit of soreness on the left side underneath my breast where the port is. I put on my sports bra and didn't really like the feeling so I wore my normal bra and did fine. If anyone can give me suggestions on what other pureed foods i can try let me know! Thanks and glad to be apart of the a-MAY-zing bandsters... Oh pre op I lost 15lbs!

Deb24,

Hang in there. It will get better, I promise. I got up about every 4 hours for the first couple nights, too, and also went to tylenol after. I'm sorry for your hospital stay, I'm sure that was not fun, but it's over now, and each day you will find some new improvement, truly.

Good luck and let us know how you are doing. It took me about 9 or 10 days to feel myself.

Cindy

Hi all I was banded on the 31st the last in the group!! I got to take my dressings off today and went to a store to walk around. I am really tired of the broth already and its only been a couple of days. Friday the 8th I get to get pureed foods. Mashed Potatoes here we come!! I have a little bit of soreness on the left side underneath my breast where the port is. I put on my sports bra and didn't really like the feeling so I wore my normal bra and did fine. If anyone can give me suggestions on what other pureed foods i can try let me know! Thanks and glad to be apart of the a-MAY-zing bandsters... Oh pre op I lost 15lbs!

Congratulations on the weight loss so far, that's awesome!:clap2:. One thing I enjoyed was taking a hardboiled egg and pureeing it up in the magic bullet with just a little low fat mayo. It tasted like heaven. I just ate it with a spoon real slow. It's a good source of Protein, too. I also had scrambled egg and chewed really good to make it pureed!

Good luck, you're doing great!

Cindy

<TABLE class=MsoNormalTable style="BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; BORDER-TOP: medium none; MARGIN: auto auto auto -8.1pt; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-yfti-tbllook: 1184; mso-padding-alt: 0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=1><TBODY><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 0; mso-yfti-firstrow: yes"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: black 1pt solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=bottom>Monday</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: black 1pt solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=bottom>Tuesday</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: black 1pt solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=bottom>Wednesday</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: black 1pt solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=bottom>Thursday</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: black 1pt solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=bottom>Friday</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: black 1pt solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>Sat.</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 1"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: black 1pt solid; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top></TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>1</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>2

LauraP

lorilynn06

uniqueone

Slackaction

susansilver

lettice5

soon2bbanded

Kadrianmatthews

Willowwind

bhill@ensource.

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>3

Spa-chic

mommalee

Trinitys mom

chickatee

RAYSBABE

Maya1983

vscherer

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>4

robgoblin87

Mr. Yoda

ginger205

Bullwinkle

lodum

Susan3343

masonkr

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>5</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 2"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: black 1pt solid; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>7

NVGirl

PghMomof3

Muse

Macysgranny

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>8

healthny

crabcake

NaeNae

lubterp

Shar

Roxie1951

Tamjpjb

CypressMom2007

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>9

<O:pJerseyDori

Mischievous1

ShayDee

katspaww

dawnc27wa

quiltinginiowa

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>10<O:p

cindyluhu

<O:pcfred

Oilburner

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>11

buscove24

mommytokk

NicksWife22

dolphingirl

samiam

sjmimi

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>12</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 3"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: black 1pt solid; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>14

SoulfulGrandma

rubylyn

amandawv

melissa o

NurseLaureli

mannamay

legster

Dutchgrl59

phuber40

bandito31

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>15

JennyC724

<O:plosin’it

MaryumC

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>16

KYsunshine

SillyWillyMommy

keiko

Short01

LPfromDABx

Christine516

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>17

twinmommy

Wenjea

eljmom

Wen

LisaM

Laurienj

PineNut

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>18

widabbut

michelle lowrey

Mal

rachelb123

Shell850

readytolose

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>19</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 4"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: black 1pt solid; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>21

susaninnkc

METALBAND

MPatrizzi

luv2bingo07

ontheway

SElaine

mcgreen

Manatte

LilMonkey

CAWalsh

annielkd

virginiann

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>22

NimbleBean

GinaKirwan

munchkin

jsrico

anjul19

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>23

kacee

RKidder

ragdollx19

Tagger

AudreyG

smileygirl

almanorgirl

SC-Cindy

ljuht115

tumonbug

Startin'Over

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>24

Kansassooner

cyndilou29

amy

Phyllis S

jojo

sue11

Lori Ann

speshelk

Tagger

kaylali

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>25

Olivia3031

jobyone1

kaylali

weightingtolose

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>26

JaneC

</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 5; mso-yfti-lastrow: yes"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: black 1pt solid; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>28

cutiepie77

liberattor

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>29

SpecialK77

bun1

deb24

Xeiah

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>30

violeteyes37

Karamyl

Direct Hit

hoosierpoms

cmacinga

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>31

Joyful1

pokerprincess

jfran

AZga

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Deb24 - I was banded on the 15th and I had a slow recovery. After leaving the hospital on the 16th I was back in for two days with severe pain. I was on morphine for about a week straight! Some heal very quickly but I didn't. Even though I didn't heal quickly, I did heal consistently so that I now feel great. Just keep hanging in there and try to walk if you can - that really helped me a lot.

MaryumC

weight.png

For those of you banded in the middle of the month or beginning - have you noticed your appetite increasing and your weight loss slowing? :rolleyes:

I'm on soft foods now and I've been keeping my calories to about 600-900 a day. However, my weight loss has really slowed. Just wondering if anyone else is going through the same thing...

I have noticed that I'm able to eat more, but I've been stopping myself from doing that. I haven't had a fill yet, hopefully that will help.

MaryumC

weight.png

Hello . . . . I'm the plateau queen! One full week and not a pound different. It was at about 1 1/2 weeks post op. I did measure this morning and lo and behold the inches were still coming off. I have lost a total of 16 3/8 inches totally over my body. Eight of them in the last two weeks. So I guess it was taking a break and rearranging the fat. Hopefully the scale will move this week down again. I did start on pureed the last two days because I didn't think I was getting enough calories.

My appetite is definately increasing and I don't seem to have much constriction anymore from swelling. I think I need a fill soon.

My weight loss has slowed to 2 lbs last week, which is normal and should be our goal. The quick loss at the beginning is just a bonus jump start! I will be 4 weeks out tomorrow and the hunger has begun. I am so thankful that I have been reading on here since April so I knew that was to be expected. They call this time Banster Hell....before your first fill!

For those of you banded in the middle of the month or beginning - have you noticed your appetite increasing and your weight loss slowing? :rolleyes:

Yes to both. I've been really thinking about the Snacks that are still in the house, and am very tempted, but lowfat cottage cheese helps with those urges and ups my Protein intake.

I'm on soft foods now and I've been keeping my calories to about 600-900 a day. However, my weight loss has really slowed. Just wondering if anyone else is going through the same thing...

I have noticed that I'm able to eat more, but I've been stopping myself from doing that. I haven't had a fill yet, hopefully that will help.

I don't get a fill for awhile yet, I think it's the last week in June, but at least can look forward to mushies in a week, so each step towards normal food should help satisfy the hunger better (I hope!) until I get the fill.

We'll just have to hang tough for awhile!

I just want to encourage those who are beginning to get hungry now--dont be afraid of it! I was feeling hungry a week after surgery. It seems like you are eating a lot at first when you go back on solids but I always total up my calories and never have I been able or wanted to eat more than 1200. Just for the record, that is the amt of calories consumed on a normal diet, such as Weight Watchers. The goal is NOT to lose weight fast, but to lose it steadily over time. (1 to 2 lbs a week) That way you lose fat and not a lot of lean tissue. Also, if you dont eat enough calories it can slow your metabolism.

Exercise--I am shocked that anyone would go against dr. orders and risk damage by over-doing it. My surgeon told me that the reason he wanted me to stick to walking only the first 6 weeks is because you can rip internal stitches. (He also said absolutely NO lifting of anything over 5 lbs the first 6 weeks.) SO, I would say--be safe rather than sorry. You may think its okay but why chance it?

Remember-- Time is our friend and the weight WILL come off eventually!

I just want to encourage those who are beginning to get hungry now--dont be afraid of it! I was feeling hungry a week after surgery. It seems like you are eating a lot at first when you go back on solids but I always total up my calories and never have I been able or wanted to eat more than 1200. Just for the record, that is the amt of calories consumed on a normal diet, such as Weight Watchers. The goal is NOT to lose weight fast, but to lose it steadily over time. (1 to 2 lbs a week) That way you lose fat and not a lot of lean tissue. Also, if you dont eat enough calories it can slow your metabolism.

Exercise--I am shocked that anyone would go against dr. orders and risk damage by over-doing it. My surgeon told me that the reason he wanted me to stick to walking only the first 6 weeks is because you can rip internal stitches. (He also said absolutely NO lifting of anything over 5 lbs the first 6 weeks.) SO, I would say--be safe rather than sorry. You may think its okay but why chance it?

Remember-- Time is our friend and the weight WILL come off eventually!

My doctor told me to get back in the gym on Wednesday and said that I had no restrictions on me (banded on the 17th). I think just like the food, all of the doctors have their own guidelines. I also will not get my first fill until after 2 months.

For those of you banded in the middle of the month or beginning - have you noticed your appetite increasing and your weight loss slowing? :myscared:

MaryumC

weight.png

Maryum--definitely!!!!! I was banded on 5/7--and at the end of this week I started noticing my hunger was back and I found myself wanting to 'pick' at food like my old self. I had to conciously tell myself to stay OUT of the kitchen!!! I am hungry!!!!! and my weight has definitely slowed. I lost 14 pounds the first 2 weeks and I think I might have lost 3 more but that's it over 2 weeks. I see my doctor this Thursday for my month post-op and then hopefully we'll schedule a fill!!!

Amy