Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

Melissa-

That is great news! Enjoy them now...even with the muffin top...cause soon you will be buying more Seven jeans in smaller sizes!!

Happy Day!!

Stacey

Melissa,

How funny! I did the same thing a couple of years ago, and also indulged in some seven jeans. I tried them on for fun the other day and they did close with no problem....but I did have what you call the muffin top. I have never heard of that expression...but I love it.....well I dont like having muffin top....but atleast I can close the jeans. I cant wait to buy some pretty clothes....NO MORE LANE BRYANT!!!

Sandra

Dr. Hadar Spivak

Houston, Texas

Highest weight 255

Surgery Weight 242

Current weight 228

goal weight 175

Thank you!!

I was very excited!! I also can't wait to buy new clothing... pretty.. new.. SMALLER clothing!! Clothing with a number that is NOT followed by an "X" of any kind...

Congrats on the jeans fitting you guys now! That's an accomplishment in & of itself! I have Seven7 jeans from Lane Bryant & loved how they fit...look forward to just the regular sized Seven's though! I know I vow NOT to keep my "fat" clothes once I start shedding more weight, I don't want them there as a safety net! I have been trying to put $50 a week into an account for skinny clothing shopping! Can't wait!

I went to the doc today because one of my incisions is slightly infected (it's really high up on my tummy & falls under my big ol' boob & is in the bra so it got real warm & sweaty!) No big problem or anything, but kinda yucky! Anyhow...5 more days of liquids, bummer! I was hoping they'd say pureed was okay now. But, I scheduled my first fill 7/6/07! Yay!

Julie...

THANK YOU! Ya know.. I was just sitting here browsing ebay... thinking of posting my old clothing for the same reason .... I don't want to keep it as a safety net! That will now be my job for tomorrow!

AND... don't forget to take a pic of that infection and document it as well...even if it is small... from what I hear most insurance companies will cover cosmetic surgery to remove skin IF it is medically necessary (meaning risk of infection...)

Melissa--REALLY? About the infection, I mean? That is news to me, I will have the hubby take one tonight! And, GREAT idea about ebay--we could make money for our new skinny clothes! Just think, winter & leather coats, fancy dresses from a zillion weddings, the list is endless!!

Melissa--REALLY? About the infection, I mean? That is news to me, I will have the hubby take one tonight! And, GREAT idea about ebay--we could make money for our new skinny clothes! Just think, winter & leather coats, fancy dresses from a zillion weddings, the list is endless!!

Yes, I was told that as long as your doctor is aware of the infection and there is proof.. pics.. it is much easier to get insurance to pick up the tab...

So far I've heard of them paying for removal of skin from the stomach... not sure about other areas... (Does anyone have info on insurance paying for skin removal for other areas besides the stomach??) ... even though your infection is high up... I'd still get a pic and document it.

SELAINE AND MARJORIE; Thanks for the advice. I have my heating pad, gasx strips and chewables and found liquid tylenol. I am all ready! I need to get my bag packed.

Melissa- "muffin top" never heard of that before, very funny! I think I have clothes in my closet from size 8-20. I kept most of my thin clothes because they are business atire and cost money. I only hope the styles are in when I can fit in them! I have clothes, size 14, 12 that I bought on clearance, with the tags still on them, because I would say, I will lose weight in a couple of months and can wear them. Well I never did. Now I plan to wear them and grow out of them!!

1 more day and I am off to join you guys. I can't wait to fit into what you are all talking about. You are all doing great!! Our June thread is booming, we are not up to 125 pages, but we will get there!

Janine-

GOOD LUCK TOMORROW!!! Before you know it you'll be wearing all those clothes that you've been waiting to get into!!!

I went back to the gym tonight for the first time and it felt great! I only walked on the treadmill because I cant remember what and when I can do things. I only walked a mile with it on the incline because I want to test the waters and make sure I feel good still tomorrow. If so back to the gym I will go!!!

I am pretty proud of myself for heading back in prior to two weeks post-op go me! The old me would have used surgery as an excuse NOT to do anything physical. I bought a new car this weekend and picked it up today. I feel like my whole life is changing and I couldnt be more excited about it all.

Ragdoll,

That is great, I am so jealous! I am having port pain still and could not even think about going to the gym! I can't even bend over without pain! I see the doc tomorrow for my first post op so I will see what he says. It is encouraging to hear that people already feel good enough to work out! I cannot wait to start working out, my energy level is finally coming back!

Keep up the good work!

Metal-

It was weird, I went from one day having port pain and being swollen to the next feeling wonderful. It wasn't anything gradual at all. Hopefully this is encouraging to you because I wish someone had told me that! Are you eating any food yet?

I got on the scale this morning and am down 20lbs!!! I cant believe it. This is soooooo freaking cool!

I am of full liquids but have had a couple of soft foods. I travel for work and yesterday I couldn't find a place with Soup, I didn't pack anything so I ordered a Breakfast sandwich and took out the eggs and ate a little. I chewed and chewed and it seemed to work!!! I just knew I needed Protein. I am not doing great with Water though.....I just can't get it all in.

I am down 20 lbs also and yes it is way cool! I wore a suit type of jacket to work yesterday that I stopped wearing last year because it was too tight! I was so excited!! I cannot wait until we/I get to the regular clothes dept instead of "womens"!!! That is going to feel great!

I hope my pain goes away like yours!!! Thanks for the encouragement!!!

Well I am a little frustrated today.....The scale has not moved since last week.....but now it is moving in the wrong direction. I gained a pound...I am still doing mushies. I am having about 800 to 900 calories a day. My Water intake is good....I cant seem to hit 64 oz. but I get real close...like yesterday I had 60 oz. I have not started walking or exersizing yet...but I would think that going from probably eating over 2000 calories a day or more to less than 1000 calories something would happen. I am starting to feel like this is not going to work for me.

Dr. Hadar Spivak

Houston, Texas

Banded 5/22/2007

Highest weight 255

Surgery weight 242

current weight 229

goal weight 175

You completely confuse me jsrico... your posting shows that you've lost 13 pound since surgery.... that's awesome. I've only lost 9. Sometimes weight plateaus... but, even one pound back is better than what you normally would weigh. If you continue to gain... call the doctor. Weight fluctuates... even the weather can effect that. Never mind Water weight... gaining muscle, PMS...... I think you've done great!!!!!