Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help with slow weightloss

Are you keeping to your surgeons diet plan? Logging calories and Protein intake and staying within the doctors recommendations.

While you will have small periods with no losses, going 3 weeks with no loss is not normal at 4 months. Recheck how many calories you are taking in. And remember, the sleeve is only a tool. If you are eating high calorie foods that digest quickly then the sleeve wont do you any good.

Iam following the my fitness pal 1200 calories lots of Protein low cal and low fat foods

Um.. did your doctor tell you to follow the mfp plan? If you had the sleeve most doctors wouldn't recommend that many calories that soon for most people. Mfp doesn't take wls into consideration. Your anatomy is altered and therefore so must your diet be. I recommend looking through your surgeons instructions and doing a complete overhaul of your diet. Please remember you had major surgery and you can't take advice from an app.

That's two pounds a week and its what to expect with 1200 calories. I love my fitness pal I use it every day and I'm down 107 in 9 months. You can reset the calories to say 900 if you feel that's more realistic for 4 months out. And then farther down adjust it to 1200. I'm losing about 2 pounds a week on just under 1200. And I'm 10 pounds from my surgeons goal. But I kind of want to push that further.

HMMM Increase and change up your workouts... that will give u a boost.

I have to agree with seema, 1200 calories seems a bit high. My Doctor recommended 800 to 1000max. And from everything I have read that is usually the general range. While you can definitely lose weight at that amount you are not getting the maximum out of your sleeve. Plus 1200 calories of dense Protein is quite a bit. I have a hard time getting in the 800 a day.

You don't say what your starting weight was. My highest weight was 410. My NUT has told me many times I need at least 1200 cal but closer to 1400 to lose the weight. I've struggled w that for a while but finally gave in. Also started exercising. I've lost 4 lbs in 6 days. She said less CSS for my weight is too little and that my body goes into a starvation mode when I go under that for very long. I was stuck this sat tie for almost 2 mos because I didn't do what she said. Also, she told me to fluctuate the number of carbs per day for a while to shack it up. Finally the lbs are moving again.

First, I think stalls are quite normal, and I wouldn't place too much emphasis on it as long as you're not gaining.

I'm almost 5 months out and at 1200 calories a day, and it actually has helped move things along for me better than aiming for 800 (my goal up until a month ago.) Now, I exercise regularly and I think my body was just hanging on to everything for dear life until I increased my intake. I was losing less at 800 calories than I am at 1200, and I log everything meticulously. My doctor's office and I discussed this in January; they advised me at that time to eat up to the amount I was burning if I could so that I didn't put my body into starvation mode. So, at 800 calories, if I have a 500 calorie work out that day I should eat 1300 calories total. At the 1200 calorie per day goal I am usually right on track. If I eat less and have an 800 calorie day, great…but a couple of times it's been 1500. Also fine for my amount of activity. And it seems to help (like Kennedy says) if I don't eat the same amount every day.

I think you just need to mess around with this within reason and find what works for you. I remind myself that the weight loss is not about the short term; it's about what is sustainable in the long run for me. I lose about 5-6 pounds a month, so if I keep this up I have about 5-6 months to go until I reach my goal. I am just fine with that.

I contacted my NUT because I saw some people who ate 500-600 calories a day and others who didn't. She said that according to the AMBS (American Society of Bariatric Surgeons), successful bariatric patients consume about 1000 calories up to a year post op. After the year, post op average calorie intake is 1200 calories to maintain weight loss. Calorie needs may vary some based on the age, sex and amount of activity for each individual. Once I started tracking my calories and I stayed at or under 1000 calories, I started losing more frequently than I did before I tracked it.

I would say as long as you're getting about 1000 calories and 50+ grams of Protein a day you should see the weight come off again.

I do better when my calories are in the 600-700 range. I'm guessing my maintenance will be around 1100.