Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need help finding protein shakes/powder! Recommendations?

Did anyone's NUT tell them that the first ingredient in the pure Protein must be whey protein isolate versus concentrate or anything else? That made it a little harder to find shakes I liked. A lot of stores had whey protein concentrate as the first ingredient snd I was reluctant to just buy online. I tried a couple with my NUT and the were pretty tasty so I am planning to order a sampler pack. I also went to Complete Nutrition and they let me sample their Lean Whey Revolution by Muscle Sport International. 24g protein, 3g carbs, 1g fat and 110 calories. Their chocolate Peanut Butter and Cookies and cream were yummy. It wasnt cheap but a container of the powder averages out to abou $1 per serving.

Everything I liked before surgery i couldn't choke down after. I had all these Protein powders and couldn't drink them, Then I tried muscle milk premixed. I liked it well enough low sugar 20 grams protein. After a while on that I switched to Premier Protein premixed 30 grams protein. I also used ungery chicken broth mixed it up first then mixed in Soups. Make sure you mix it exactly the temp it says or it gets weird. The broth was a life saver after surgery. Moral of the story don't stock up to much because your pallet changes.

Try met-rx

I looked online to get drink ideas. There are tons of Protein Drink ideas. I use Premier Protein from costco

Edited by jazma

Losing in PA (on my phone so I can't quot ur comment)

U asked if they make a fruit punch Protein. Isopure makes fruit flavored Protein drinks. My nurse told me they tast like Jolly Ranchers. They don't. I think they're gross. I bought a case of them (for like $60 GNC.com) and managed to choke down about 1/3 of 1 bottle). They finally went rancid about 3 yrs later so I didn't feel so guilty tossing them. I think u can buy them individually at GNC. Definately taste 1 before buying a case.

I agree on the isopure... Got a bunch of single bottles at Vitamin shoppe and could barely choke then down (though alpine on he was the "best" of the batch).

Synthrax Matrix is my favorite. LOVE the Peanut Butter cookie and I hated Peanut Butter stuff pre op. It's whey isolate, whey concentrate and caesin. I can't stomach the ones that are pure whey for the most part... Though a few of the Chike flavors I can (banana magic and coffee).

For the Isopure, they are tiny little bottles, I mixed mine with Sugarfree Gatorade or Crystal Light and you can't even taste the bad taste, I like Premier Protein RTDs from costco and Syntrax Nectar Sweets too. You can buy sample packs from places like Bariatric Pantry.com

For the Isopure, they are tiny little bottles, I mixed mine with Sugarfree Gatorade or Crystal Light and you can't even taste the bad taste, I like Premier Protein RTDs from costco and Syntrax Nectar Sweets too. You can buy sample packs from places like Bariatric Pantry.com

Isopure comes in two sizes... The small (4 oz I believe) plastic bottles and the large (20 oz) glass bottles. Many more flavors available in the large bottles

Isopure comes in two sizes... The small (4 oz I believe) plastic bottles and the large (20 oz) glass bottles. Many more flavors available in the large bottles

Ahh. I have only seen the smalller size, are the larger sizes less intense? That is the issue for me with small size, just a little on the chemically side...

My doctor recommended AdvantEdge. The chocolate fudge tastes like melted Fudgesicles and I have no problem with it. Pre and Post Op. You can buy it at Walmart

Ahh. I have only seen the smalller size, are the larger sizes less intense? That is the issue for me with small size, just a little on the chemically side...

Nope they're the same. Pretty odd overtones and aftertaste. It's they whey Isolate.

On Tuesday I have to start my Pre Op Diet and I've been sampling some different Protein shakes and powders. Everything I have tried has either left an awful after taste all day, or made me really sick to my stomach to the point I felt like I couldn't hold them down. I don't like the unjury powders at all and can't even handle them. I'm hoping to find something I really like this weekend so I can stock up on it for my 2 week diet and not have to deal with all of this during that time..I'm sure I'll already be feeling pretty crappy from the huge change in diet.

Any recommendations? If you know the amount of Protein in your suggestion let me know in the comments, and where you bought it. Thanks so much!

Know im a little late but I too do the body fortress but u need to make sure u get the protein isolate. You canget it at Walmart or walgreens or meijers that i know of. I make mine into a shake with greek yogurt(plain nonfat), a little skim milk and a little fruit. Makes a great shake plus u can change it up with different fruits. Good luck

Just got my Chike coffee flavor, and OMG it's good! (although beware if you're supposed to avoid caffeine. I got the okay for a small amount of caffeine because I'm prone to Migraines and my GP suggested it to help control them). I have a sample pack coming today with the rest of their flavors, as well as the Sytrax sample pack. Looking forward to finding something other than the Nature's Bounty I was using pre-surgery. I can't tolerate them at all post-surgery. Nor, apparently, anything with milk.

I love Primier Protein but I also love Bariatric Advantage Meal Replacements. Every one has different tastes of course but those are the only ones I will purchase :) .