Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Op March 2014

Lol I just had my first sf Popsicle yesterday in idk how long. Does anyone know if we can have broccoli cheese Soup no chunks on the cream soup phase?

I just bought some...in second week ofvpost op diet...ibused my vitamixer to whip up the broccoli chunks!!! Vitamixer best investment ever!! Im sure reg blender or magic bullet will work too...if not strain

3 days out and feeling pretty good. Body SEEMS to be cooperating in all areas except

losing weight! Feeling depressed...like I maybe went through all this for nothing. All I have had is Fluid for 5 days and I gained 2 lbs! When does the weight loss start?

3 days out?? You shouldnt have weighed yourself yet...lol.. remember you are carrying gases and saline solution sobits going to take a week or so to get back to nirmal...is your drain even removed?? Haha... hon your just a little too anxiiys and excited...dont worry follow the diet and youll get tgere...congrats on your new life...os...cont liquids clear for another week ...wait 8 dats pist op bf introducing milk..yigurt and protrin...remember your innards are healing...and thats gonna take many weeks!!

I got way to excited today after my 7 day pre operate appointment. I got home at one , took one table spoon of tuna and combined with Greek yogurt until smooth. Well it is 7pm and I can not get it to pass. I've tried manually. Not very comfortable. Has anyone tried anything to help pass this besides going to the doctor

Yikes tuna already...soft fish at day 28 or 4 weeks out....you should be on milk yogurt and Protein Shakes and ice chips help alot with hydration... I see many people on the forum eating foods wayyy to soon...and like you having problems...soft foods 3rd week out...cottage cheese...mashed...mushy potatoes etc

I am 7 days post op and am having a lot of gas discomfort. Also struggling with the liquid diet. I used to like Protein Drinks not sure if my taste buds have changed but now they make me extremely nauseous. I've tried a few different powder Proteins. Any suggestions. I'm living off yogurt and getting sick of that too!!

Soups..pureed..haha...milk...milk/protein smoothies...be careful with sugar content...puddings low fat...low sugar...theres more foods than you realize..these are plenty...just pick new flavors and 7vdays will be gone soft foods next week...for both of us....i am 8 days post op..week 2 post op diet...nice for a change ..im enjoying the freezer chocolate low fat low sugar pudding... the jellonpudfing in a box...and have you tried isoflex Protein shakes..a little expensive but one smsll box will feed me 3x...i think...

Had a post op appointment today got some great news cw 293 an sw was 307 hw 324 down 14 pounds since surgery which was on March 24 also was told to stop taking insulin an my metformin was 2000mg an now it's 1000mg was also told to stop taking bloop pressure medicine an my cholesterol medicine was cut in half. I am so happy never felt better. Hope everyone else is also doing good

Congrats to both of you!!!

Ugh anyone eles get cold sores? Today I woke up with my 2nd one since surgery. I knew this would happen so I took my antiviral right up until surgery and a week out I still got one. The pills were way to big for me to take then but when I woke up with the dreaded tingle today I immediately sprinted to my car in my pajamas to get my meds and started cutting the pills into smaller sizes. I hope it works.

Other than that, today is 5 weeks for me and I think I might finally be starting to feel normal. I had no pain for the first time yesterday (knock on wood) and I've been able to find things to eat I actually like the past few days. Wendy's chili is awesome, Quest bars are ok, and cheese and crackers may be the best thing ever. How are the rest of you Marchies doing?

Edited by Wallflower7522

I'm Doing well. ..3 weeks out. .puree foods next week. Can't wait. Steady weight lost just wish it didn't look like most is coming off my legs and thighs. .. gonna look like a bowling pin if this up! !

I'm Doing well. ..3 weeks out. .puree foods next week. Can't wait. Steady weight lost just wish it didn't look like most is coming off my legs and thighs. .. gonna look like a bowling pin if this up! !

Blue I can relate , I've lost 33 lbs so far after surgery and it looks like it all is coming from my legs I'm afraid I'm gonna start looking like a watermelon on toothpicks! Haha!

Hahaha. .

Good knoWing I'm not the only one! Great work on the weight lost.

I feel the same way Blue. I've lost two pants sizes but most of my clothes on top still fit the same way.

Week 3 no bowel movement in 6 days! What do I do?

Take a colace and/or eat a couple sugar free popsicles. If you don't go by morning, call your doctor

Milk of magnesia!