Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Op March 2014

I had horrible restless legs last night. I ended up napping on the bathroom floor with the fan and heater in as well as the blow dryer pointed ar my legs. That was horrible!

The main thing that I am not liking this week is that I get the foamies every time I try to eat my soft foods and sometimes with just liquids. I am not able to get all of my Water and Protein in this week. Hopefully things will get better soon, if not I have a followup appt on Thursday and can address it then.

On a good note, I am down 28lbs from my high weight, 24.5 since surgery in march 24th.

It gets better.... It took me several months before I could get my Protein in.... The Water is another issue... I may get 20 oz of water , 20 oz ice tea, and I cup of oj with my Unjury unflavored protein

We went to the zoo today. Two years ago I took the picture on the left at my high weight of about 320 and then the one on the right is from today at 259. Making progress. :)

post-201974-0-83219600-1397934337_thumb.jpg

We went to the zoo today. Two years ago I took the picture on the left at my high weight of about 320 and then the one on the right is from today at 259. Making progress. :)

wow! Very nice progress I would say!

I had horrible restless legs last night. I ended up napping on the bathroom floor with the fan and heater in as well as the blow dryer pointed ar my legs. That was horrible! The main thing that I am not liking this week is that I get the foamies every time I try to eat my soft foods and sometimes with just liquids. I am not able to get all of my Water and Protein in this week. Hopefully things will get better soon, if not I have a followup appt on Thursday and can address it then. On a good note, I am down 28lbs from my high weight, 24.5 since surgery in march 24th.

hang in there Sarah ;)

Wallflower, you and I are on about the same path. I started at 320 and am now 262. My surgery was March 17, 2014. I stalled this week. It's been frustrating! Glad to see you are doing well!

Wallflower and Marathongirl,

I had my surgery on march 17th too and I'm having a lot of trouble eatting are you having any issues? I'm down 34lbs total

March 17th also, only issue I have with eating is my pouch is finicky. Sometimes I can eat 1/4 cup other times 3 or 4 bites. I'm down 31lbs from surgery date.

Wallflower and Marathongirl, I had my surgery on march 17th too and I'm having a lot of trouble eatting are you having any issues? I'm down 34lbs total

I am also having a hard time eating and I am 3 weeks out. I am really concerned about the energy levels cause I get tired pretty quickly and I am worried how I will function at work. I have lost 24 lbs and still have another 50-60 to lose. Also I am always thirsty.

I am also having a hard time eating and I am 3 weeks out. I am really concerned about the energy levels cause I get tired pretty quickly and I am worried how I will function at work. I have lost 24 lbs and still have another 50-60 to lose. Also I am always thirsty.

what stage of eating are you? At 3 weeks I was still on full liquids. My doc said energy levels won't stabilize until about 6 mos out. You should talk with your doc and see what they say.

I had surgery March 17, 2014. I got sick and became very nauseous 24/7. I have had a scope that led to the stretching of my stomach to intestine opening and the discovery of an ulcer. I had not eaten in almost 3 weeks. My levels were so dangerously low that I was admitted into the hospital for 2 weeks. I'm out now! Just in time to spend Easter with my kids :) i got a PICC line while in the hospital. I am fed TPN for 12 hours a day through this line. TPN is Total Parentenal Nutrition. It is 1300 calories and has every Vitamin, Protein and whatever I need to survive that is fed right into a line in my vein that leads to my heart. I have a home nurse that comes 2 times a day.

I never would have thought this would be me! Im still shaking my head. Is this really happening? Yes, it is. And it can happen to anyone. I had a C-Section 3 years ago and it was so simple, I didn't expect to have trouble from surgery.

post-208566-0-50041500-1398035648_thumb.jpg

I had surgery March 17, 2014. I got sick and became very nauseous 24/7. I have had a scope that led to the stretching of my stomach to intestine opening and the discovery of an ulcer. I had not eaten in almost 3 weeks. My levels were so dangerously low that I was admitted into the hospital for 2 weeks. I'm out now! Just in time to spend Easter with my kids :) i got a PICC line while in the hospital. I am fed TPN for 12 hours a day through this line. TPN is Total Parentenal Nutrition. It is 1300 calories and has every Vitamin, Protein and whatever I need to survive that is fed right into a line in my vein that leads to my heart. I have a home nurse that comes 2 times a day. I never would have thought this would be me! Im still shaking my head. Is this really happening? Yes, it is. And it can happen to anyone. I had a C-Section 3 years ago and it was so simple, I didn't expect to have trouble from surgery.

omg! Sorry you are going through this! Thank goodness you are ok and recovering. I will keep you in my thoughts.

I had surgery March 17, 2014. I got sick and became very nauseous 24/7. I have had a scope that led to the stretching of my stomach to intestine opening and the discovery of an ulcer. I had not eaten in almost 3 weeks. My levels were so dangerously low that I was admitted into the hospital for 2 weeks. I'm out now! Just in time to spend Easter with my kids :) i got a PICC line while in the hospital. I am fed TPN for 12 hours a day through this line. TPN is Total Parentenal Nutrition. It is 1300 calories and has every Vitamin, Protein and whatever I need to survive that is fed right into a line in my vein that leads to my heart. I have a home nurse that comes 2 times a day.

I never would have thought this would be me! Im still shaking my head. Is this really happening? Yes, it is. And it can happen to anyone. I had a C-Section 3 years ago and it was so simple, I didn't expect to have trouble from surgery.

attachicon.gif: Sorry you had such a bad time but glad you are on the road to recovery.

Thank you ladies! Hopefully this will be the worst of it and everything from here will be uphill. :)

<~~~guy. .. lol