Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Op March 2014

Becky I hit it around 10 days. Lasted a week, but it finally broke.

Yeah, it seems everyone hits it the third week. I was hoping it wouldn't hit me. Wishful thinking lol. Did you guys up your Protein or Water intake to break it?

Yeah, it seems everyone hits it the third week. I was hoping it wouldn't hit me. Wishful thinking lol. Did you guys up your Protein or Water intake to break it?

I really didn't change nuttin up but my water in take did get a lot better soooo maybe water had something to do with it .

Today is exactly 1 week post op for me and down 12.6lbs this week! Feeling good.

My nut said it wouldn't matter if you change anything your body will break It regardless when it wants too :-p good luck hope it is soon!

My nut said it wouldn't matter if you change anything your body will break It regardless when it wants too :-p good luck hope it is soon!

Me too! Thanks! Congrats on the weight loss too :)

For those of you struggling with Water or like your water "fun" it's great to grab a pitcher of water an infuse it with flavors. For example fill up a pitcher half way full of water add some lemon slices, orange slices, mint leaf or lime.... Whatever you like.... Stir it with a wooden spoon and try to bruise your fruit and mint a bit, then finish filling with water and put it in the fridge for a few hours and then take the fruit and leaves out. You can infuse your water with whatever your heart desires :) it is best to drink it the same day to benefit from the enzymes.

For those of you struggling with Water or like your water "fun" it's great to grab a pitcher of water an infuse it with flavors. For example fill up a pitcher half way full of water add some lemon slices, orange slices, mint leaf or lime.... Whatever you like.... Stir it with a wooden spoon and try to bruise your fruit and mint a bit, then finish filling with water and put it in the fridge for a few hours and then take the fruit and leaves out. You can infuse your water with whatever your heart desires :) it is best to drink it the same day to benefit from the enzymes.

My fav is lemon, mint, and cucumber. I will have to ask my doc if I can do this. I know lemon is allowed.

I had my staples taken out on Friday and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I started using my elliptical 30 minutes on Saturday and felt pretty good, I will just have to increase my Water intake.

I had my staples taken out on Friday and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I started using my elliptical 30 minutes on Saturday and felt pretty good, I will just have to increase my Water intake.

Good Molly. I had my drain removed last Friday. Not going to lie I was a wreck thought it would hurt like a B--/-! But it didn't hurt at all just felt kind of creepy. Lol

Good Molly. I had my drain removed last Friday. Not going to lie I was a wreck thought it would hurt like a B--/-! But it didn't hurt at all just felt kind of creepy. Lol

I only had a drain for 2 days, how long did you have yours? It felt really weird when they pulled it out and I couldn't believe how long the tubing was.

Caseyann, i hope I can be like you! I'm 5 days post op and still hurting pretty badly. But thats my only complaint really, so I'm lucky.

On day 8 post op. Finally feeling better drinking. excited to start the full liquid diet. I'm still not getting in the total amount of fluids required but this will take time. Protein Water is disgusting. My pain is minimal. my concern is not losing the weight due to lack of protein intake. 60oz is a lot in the beginning while your still healing.

Hi all. Day 8. Am feeling pretty good. Will feel so much better when my hubby doesn't have to pack my wound. I weighed 214 day of surgery (march 24th). I came home on the 26th weighing 224. Tonight I weighed in at 205.

I have a barium swallow xray and blood test tomorrow (well I guess today) and then a nutrition class. I am hoping to move from clear to full liquids.

Today was a nice day here in the midwest...finally! Was good to open the house up and go for a walk outside.

How are the other March 24thers doing?