Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Op March 2014

Have you guys figured out when your pouch is full?

I stop eating before I feel full

Edited by sergio23

I stop eating before I feel full

yeah me too, guess I should of said the signs that you are satisfied.

I only eat the amounts I'm allowed, like 3 or 4 ounces, and I'm done. I haven't really felt hungry yet, but when I eat, I'm satisfied. I don't feel stuffed or anything. I do notice that if I eat too fast, I get the hiccups. I was so thirsty this morning that I took a huge gulp of Water without even thinking about it and it hurt. I'll never do that again lol

I only eat the amounts I'm allowed, like 3 or 4 ounces, and I'm done. I haven't really felt hungry yet, but when I eat, I'm satisfied. I don't feel stuffed or anything. I do notice that if I eat too fast, I get the hiccups. I was so thirsty this morning that I took a huge gulp of Water without even thinking about it and it hurt. I'll never do that again lol

oh man, I did that without thinking..lol I have to remind myself to eat by using timers, not getting hungry.

oh man, I did that without thinking..lol I have to remind myself to eat by using timers, not getting hungry.

I eat like every two hours or so. My doctor gave me some sample menus so I try to follow those. They do help. If I don't follow a schedule, I don't get my Protein in. I'm having a hard time with the liquids.< /p>

Water intake is what I'm working on now, I do well with Protein. I have 2 shakes a day and I add powder to all that I eat.

Having a serious craving for pizza...wasn't even one of my go to foods, but I feel like following delivery guys around just smell it :(

I'm on soft food now. I bought pizza sauce, turkey pepperoni, and low fat cheese. I just microwave it together in a bowl. I tried it on a tortilla but that was too much for my pouch.

I'm on soft food now. I bought pizza sauce, turkey pepperoni, and low fat cheese. I just microwave it together in a bowl. I tried it on a tortilla but that was too much for my pouch.

you just gave me hope, low fat cheese and turkey pep. That would work a few months down the line..still on full liquids myself

I'm not sure where to start or how this works, so I'll jump in... I had my gastric bypass 5 days ago. Stayed in hospital for 3 full days. No complications or drain. I'm allergic to codeine so I'm doing this with tylenol. Still on full liquids. I'm being super careful and just doing blended Soups and watery Protein Shakes. Sometimes i can take 3 or 4 TBSP- usually just 2. I'm looking forward to getting these staples out. Walking is extremely painful but the therapeutic pillow helps some. I'm a little jealous of my family when they get "real" food, but there's no way I'm cheating on this- I waited way too long to get my surgery approved. Anyway, probably the most boring intro ever. I don't really have anything exciting to report.

Have you guys figured out when your pouch is full?

I find when I eat liquidy foods I can get 4 oz in, but when I eat more solid foods (refried beans) I can only get in 2 1/2 to 3 oz. After that I start hiccuping and belching and I can almost feel the food going down very slowly. I think that's my que and if it isn't, it is now. :)

I'm not sure where to start or how this works, so I'll jump in... I had my gastric bypass 5 days ago. Stayed in hospital for 3 full days. No complications or drain. I'm allergic to codeine so I'm doing this with tylenol. Still on full liquids. I'm being super careful and just doing blended Soups and watery Protein Shakes. Sometimes i can take 3 or 4 TBSP- usually just 2. I'm looking forward to getting these staples out. Walking is extremely painful but the therapeutic pillow helps some. I'm a little jealous of my family when they get "real" food, but there's no way I'm cheating on this- I waited way too long to get my surgery approved. Anyway, probably the most boring intro ever. I don't really have anything exciting to report.

Welcome April. Keep walking no matter how uncomfortable it is, it does help. Every day you'll find that you can get a little bit more in. I'm 12 days out and can do upwards of 3 to 4oz, depending on the consistency. Welcome to the losers bench.

welcome to the group April

I find when I eat liquidy foods I can get 4 oz in, but when I eat more solid foods (refried beans) I can only get in 2 1/2 to 3 oz. After that I start hiccuping and belching and I can almost feel the food going down very slowly. I think that's my que and if it isn't, it is now. :)

. That sounds good to me! ;)

Ok this is a little off the wall, but going thru my Rachel Ray magazine I found a fork that would be great for all of us losers... It's called a HAPIfork. It vibrates and lights up when you are eating too fast! Tracks your total meal time, time in between meals and more! And they are only $100 each, yes each!! Technology.... Hmmmmm