Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Op March 2014

I know this maybe t.m.I but has anyone had problems with Constipation? I knew it was coming with the Vitamins and pain meds but wow! Does anyone have any advice on how to beat it besides milk of mag? I was thinking like maybe taking fiber... idk any advice welcome at this point!

benefiber works I heard

I'm struggling to get anything down! I am not hungry. Not hungry to the point where I gag if I try to eat. Surgery was March 18, 1 week ago. I'm down 17 lbs. i feel like the weight is going to fast. Biggest concern, I CAN NOT get much Protein in. The taste sets me off, I get nauseous and feel cramps and go take a nap. I can drink Water. Not much else. I can tolerate a few of the apple cinnamon baby puffs because they disintegrate before i swallow. I had a yum lunch today, my mom bought a rotisserie chicken from the store. She took a piece of breast meat and fat free miracle whip, puréed that for me and it was Delish! I had 1oz. My Vitamins are all liquid. I am getting in some but not all that I need. I'm trying really hard, even switched several Proteins, I cant get in much. I now tried the protein bullets from Walmart. They are nasty! Waiting on some medical grade protein to come. I paid 150.00. Hope it works! Anyone having struggles or can give tips on items that sat really well after eating? Please give me feedback! Thanks, Kim

I was having trouble with protein too. Here's what I did, but I would say it's skirting the lines of a lot of our diet plans so take my advice with caution. We have a local smoothie place, keva juice. You can get a 12 ounce smoothie with 28 grams of protein added. I get piña colada flavor and you can't taste the whey. I'm aloud to have a cup of juice, yogurt, and bananas/soft fruit so I skip all those throughout the day and just have a smoothie. I The only thing in it I'm not strictly suppose to have is sherbet. The rest of the day I eat low/no carb and high protein.

That is a fantastic idea! How long does it take to get 12 oz down? I think that would take me all day. Thick stuff=icky! I have been informed by my NUT it will get easier, i will work on drinking enough Water for now and worry about the rest when my belly is stronger.

It takes me about an hour and a half. I'm 3 weeks out now.

If you have a Smoothie King I think they have a lot more low carb, diet friendly options. We used to have one, but they closed a few years ago.

Good afternoon everyone. My name is Jeremiah. Had the sleeve gastrectomy on the 12th. I started my weight loss at the end of November at 491 pounds. I lost 73 pounds prior to surgery and about 20 since. I have been struggling a little with the pureed portion, but still getting in all my Protein and liquids. I am 32, married, with two kids, and am looking forward to the rest of my life.

Good afternoon everyone. My name is Jeremiah. Had the sleeve gastrectomy on the 12th. I started my weight loss at the end of November at 491 pounds. I lost 73 pounds prior to surgery and about 20 since. I have been struggling a little with the pureed portion, but still getting in all my Protein and liquids. I am 32, married, with two kids, and am looking forward to the rest of my life.

Welcome! My name is Shannon I had my rny on march 12th and I've lost 21 pounds since . I'm sooooo tired of the puree foods I'm ready to chew! Lol congrats on the weight loss!

@@wallflower

I'm going to give it a try. We do have a Smoothie King. Im going to wait till I'm 3 weeks out as well. I will be happy to report back.

I am sooo looking forward to the purée stage!

I'm 3 weeks post op and I've noticed I can eat more then I could is this normal anyone else notice this?

Can anyone share any puree foods that have been going down good? And what your mixing with what I'm so tired of the puree stuff !

I pureed a little bit of cottage cheese with a touch of skim milk and added pureed pears to it. Very good. Could use other fruits too. I tried the refried brand that I seen a lot of people suggesting and they were really good. Take the Beans, add done taco seasoning, low fat , and a little low fat air cream. I pureed chili last night. Was really good. Carrots and yogurt are my other staples. I have had a lot of confusion as well during this stage. I am two week post op today, but each day gets easier.

I pureed a little bit of cottage cheese with a touch of skim milk and added pureed pears to it. Very good. Could use other fruits too. I tried the refried brand that I seen a lot of people suggesting and they were really good. Take the Beans, add done taco seasoning, low fat , and a little low fat air cream. I pureed chili last night. Was really good. Carrots and yogurt are my other staples. I have had a lot of confusion as well during this stage. I am two week post op today, but each day gets easier.

Thanks I'm def gonna try a few of those!

I'm 3 weeks post op and I've noticed I can eat more then I could is this normal anyone else notice this?

Yeah it seems normal to me. I think once the swelling internally goes away you can fit a bit more in. I can get down two ounces in 15 mins now easily but it fills me up.