Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Op March 2014

I'm two days out and I still have major gas and I'm constipated. I drank some laxative prescribed by my doctor a couple hours ago but it doesn't seem to be doing anything. I've been up walking around every two hours or so. I'm trying to get my Fluid in but I can't tell if my pain is from drinking too much or just gas pain. It's driving me nuts. I wish it would go away.

I had my surgery Tuesday, March 11. I still have major pressure under the left breast, but it subsides for a small amount of time if I walk it out. I try to drink 1oz of Water every commericial break. It's a long slow process. My life right now consists of drinking Water, broth, sleeping, and passing gas! I am very paranoid over every strain, pain, and gas bubble that presents itself. By mid afternoon, I get a "weak" feeling and try to get down as much warm broth as possible. I don't know if it makes a difference or not, but I like to think that it does. Tomorrow will be one week since my last bm. Doc does not seem to be concerned. I see him on Wednesday for my one week appt so hopefully if nothing has happened he will give me something for it. Congrats to all those struggling this week. It will be worth it!!!

I had my surgery Tuesday, March 11. I still have major pressure under the left breast, but it subsides for a small amount of time if I walk it out. I try to drink 1oz of Water every commericial break. It's a long slow process. My life right now consists of drinking water, broth, sleeping, and passing gas! I am very paranoid over every strain, pain, and gas bubble that presents itself. By mid afternoon, I get a "weak" feeling and try to get down as much warm broth as possible. I don't know if it makes a difference or not, but I like to think that it does. Tomorrow will be one week since my last bm. Doc does not seem to be concerned. I see him on Wednesday for my one week appt so hopefully if nothing has happened he will give me something for it. Congrats to all those struggling this week. It will be worth it!!!

Hang in there. It gets so much better so fast. Mine was on the 4th, so a week before yours, I will tell you last Saturday and Sunday were rough but by Monday I started feeling a lot better. I'm almost back to normal now. I can't bend or move at 100% yet but I've drove, gone to the store, and I'm getting in a lot more water every day.

Well, it does indeed get better! I had some serious buyers remorse after surgery for several days. Now I'm 9 days out, 24 lbs lighter, and woke up feeling pretty good. Still a little sore, but nothing I can't handle. I am trying to remind myself I need to still take it easy, but I'm excited to be feeling this good finally.

Well, it does indeed get better! I had some serious buyers remorse after surgery for several days. Now I'm 9 days out, 24 lbs lighter, and woke up feeling pretty good. Still a little sore, but nothing I can't handle. I am trying to remind myself I need to still take it easy, but I'm excited to be feeling this good finally.

I definitely had buyers remorse, but each day is looking better. I'm 6 days out and starting to feel better. I still have lots of soreness and I'm very fatigued but I'm getting there. The hardest part is drinking enough fluids for me. Any suggestions?

I definitely had buyers remorse, but each day is looking better. I'm 6 days out and starting to feel better. I still have lots of soreness and I'm very fatigued but I'm getting there. The hardest part is drinking enough fluids for me. Any suggestions?

I'm having an issue getting in fluids as well but my doctor said that's normal for the first week because you are still swollen and stuff from surgery. I'm 3 days out today and I feel somewhat normal. Still a little bit of discomfort and sleepiness.

I too am having a hard time with fluids... I just don't want them. I really just want to go to sleep and wake up in a month or so! Trying to stay positive! Tried sugar free Tang and it was a nice change from regular Water. I do not like flavored waters so I'm glad to have found something I can tolerate. Hot tea is a lifesaver! Instead of taking life one day at a time, I have changed it to one sip at a time! Now what to do about "itchy belly"??

I too am having a hard time with fluids... I just don't want them. I really just want to go to sleep and wake up in a month or so! Trying to stay positive! Tried sugar free Tang and it was a nice change from regular Water. I do not like flavored waters so I'm glad to have found something I can tolerate. Hot tea is a lifesaver! Instead of taking life one day at a time, I have changed it to one sip at a time! Now what to do about "itchy belly"??

I have an itchy belly too. I've used ice packs when it's really bad since we can't put anything on it. I've had no issues with liquids other than I'm really thirsty so it's hard not to gulp. I'm getting my 64 oz easily. Just still really thirsty.

I'm 6 days post-op. I'm feeling pretty good. No pain meds. Focusing on Water intake. But I have this weird thought in the back of my head that I never had before surgery. "What if this doesn't work?" Really feel crazy over here. I'm not sure what I'm expecting but dang that thought is ticking me off and bumming me out.

I have an itchy belly too. I've used ice packs when it's really bad since we can't put anything on it. I've had no issues with liquids other than I'm really thirsty so it's hard not to gulp. I'm getting my 64 oz easily. Just still really thirsty.

I never thought about putting ice on it... I am going to have to try that! I understand what you mean by gulping... I have to remind myself to sip.

I'm 6 days post-op. I'm feeling pretty good. No pain meds. Focusing on Water intake. But I have this weird thought in the back of my head that I never had before surgery. "What if this doesn't work?" Really feel crazy over here. I'm not sure what I'm expecting but dang that thought is ticking me off and bumming me out.

I had a little crying spell this morning. Second guessing my decision and just feeling bad. I think all of these thoughts are to be expected. I also went off my pain meds, but I am very cranky and snappy today!

An ice pack helped me immensely my first few days home. I have one from target that is almost like a sheet and I just wrapped it all the way around the left side if my belly. Helped more than pain meds even.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one with a drinking problem!!! Hehehe...I keep forgetting to drink and have started to have a cup with me so I can do it throughout the day. I had surgery March 11th...and started spotting last night...Dr isn't too concerned. Not sure if my body is reacting to starvation mode bc I'm not due for a period til next week.

I'm four days post op now, and if it weren't for this drain, I'd be doing great! I hate this thing! I go Wednesday to see my doctor and get it removed, then I think I'll feel human again.

I still haven't had a bowl movement since surgery. I'm thinking about taking some stool softeners today. Between the pain meds and zofran, I'm sure I could use the help.

anyone experience sharp stretching pains in the abdomen? They're not near any incision, nor are they constant. Just comes and goes...