Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Op March 2014

Yes. At least I'm hoping that's the issue. I'm only 2 1/2 weeks out but I haven't lost anything in a week even though I'm only eating 400 calories a day. It's incredibly frustrating.

I'm in the same boat also ! Plus the pain is Unbearable! :-(

Yes. At least I'm hoping that's the issue. I'm only 2 1/2 weeks out but I haven't lost anything in a week even though I'm only eating 400 calories a day. It's incredibly frustrating.

Same issue here. I've lost nothing in almost a week. I lost tons the first week and no nothing at all. Super frustrating. Not to mention I suddenly have tons of nausea and stomach pains. :(

I am 6 days post op and I seem to get full from drinking really fast. I am soo thirsty and can't in anymore Water. OMG the dry mouth is killing me any suggestions?

Get some biotene!!!

I am 6 days post op and I seem to get full from drinking really fast. I am soo thirsty and can't in anymore Water. OMG the dry mouth is killing me any suggestions?

Get some biotene!!!
Hi Sarah. I just emailed the recipes to you.

Is anyone experiencing constant diarrhea? Every sip that goes in confess ply in like 20 minutes! I was just sleeved on Thursday.

I haven't had such issues, but you may want to call your doctor just to be on the safe side

Wow..Hi everybody...im from Northern AB Canada and heading to Mexico tomorrow. Just found this app... maybe a week ago. Im haing rny performed ..tg my gallbladder already removed yrs ago. Im really excited and nervous... i have only told a handful of people. I am also going alone...spouse working a shutdown. I am staying a few days beyond regular time ...for obvious reasons. Gonna hate traveling and not being able to eat...lol...isnt that one of the best part of travelling?? Haha. Glad to see everyones recovery is going ok...and sorry to hear about the one or two who havent lost any or a significant amount yet...is there a reason given for this??

Has anyone started the purée stage and if so what are you eating?

My surgery was march 12th I've been on puree since and I've found Beans work great with a little chicken broth blended. Ive also been doing cannon light and fit yogurt and its awesome. I will say please eat slow no more what you eat because if you eat it to fast you will regret it lol. Good luck to ya! :)

Wow..Hi everybody...im from Northern AB Canada and heading to Mexico tomorrow. Just found this app... maybe a week ago. Im haing rny performed ..tg my gallbladder already removed yrs ago. Im really excited and nervous... i have only told a handful of people. I am also going alone...spouse working a shutdown. I am staying a few days beyond regular time ...for obvious reasons. Gonna hate traveling and not being able to eat...lol...isnt that one of the best part of travelling?? Haha. Glad to see everyones recovery is going ok...and sorry to hear about the one or two who havent lost any or a significant amount yet...is there a reason given for this??

Good luck to ya tomorrow! And yes not being able to eat while traveling SUCKS! Lol

My soft foods so far have been lots of refried Beans. I've also made a couple of recipes, like chicken taco Soup with canned chicken. Luckily thus far nothing has made me sick. I did make a tortilla pizza today with a couple of pieces of turkey pepperoni and low fat cheese. The tortilla didn't sit well with me so I just picked the stuff off of it and ate it.

My diet book says I can have nuts in moderation so I bought a couple of the new Oscar Meyer p3 packs. Most of them have low fat cheese and 14 grams of Protein. It took me two meals to eat it all, but it was easy and tastes good.

I'm struggling to get anything down! I am not hungry. Not hungry to the point where I gag if I try to eat. Surgery was March 18, 1 week ago. I'm down 17 lbs. i feel like the weight is going to fast. Biggest concern, I CAN NOT get much Protein in. The taste sets me off, I get nauseous and feel cramps and go take a nap. I can drink Water. Not much else. I can tolerate a few of the apple cinnamon baby puffs because they disintegrate before i swallow. I had a yum lunch today, my mom bought a rotisserie chicken from the store. She took a piece of breast meat and fat free miracle whip, puréed that for me and it was Delish! I had 1oz. My Vitamins are all liquid. I am getting in some but not all that I need. I'm trying really hard, even switched several Proteins, I cant get in much. I now tried the protein bullets from Walmart. They are nasty! Waiting on some medical grade protein to come. I paid 150.00. Hope it works! Anyone having struggles or can give tips on items that sat really well after eating? Please give me feedback! Thanks,

Kim

I'm struggling to get anything down! I am not hungry. Not hungry to the point where I gag if I try to eat. Surgery was March 18, 1 week ago. I'm down 17 lbs. i feel like the weight is going to fast. Biggest concern, I CAN NOT get much Protein in. The taste sets me off, I get nauseous and feel cramps and go take a nap. I can drink Water. Not much else. I can tolerate a few of the apple cinnamon baby puffs because they disintegrate before i swallow. I had a yum lunch today, my mom bought a rotisserie chicken from the store. She took a piece of breast meat and fat free miracle whip, puréed that for me and it was Delish! I had 1oz. My Vitamins are all liquid. I am getting in some but not all that I need. I'm trying really hard, even switched several Proteins, I cant get in much. I now tried the protein bullets from Walmart. They are nasty! Waiting on some medical grade protein to come. I paid 150.00. Hope it works! Anyone having struggles or can give tips on items that sat really well after eating? Please give me feedback! Thanks, Kim

first congrats on the weight loss! Sorry you are having a these struggles. I use Premier Protein drinks and Unjury powders. I eat things like broths,cream Soup, grits and oatmeal along with Greek yogurt and cottage cheese. The first few weeks they tell use not to get caught up in the amount of protein, just do as much as you can. I also use liquid egg whites and pb2(powder peanut butter) to boost my protein by adding to my shakes. I also try to get things down ever 2-3 hrs even if it's just a few spoonfuls. Good luck, I'm sure others will chime in with ideas as well.

I know this maybe t.m.I but has anyone had problems with Constipation? I knew it was coming with the Vitamins and pain meds but wow! Does anyone have any advice on how to beat it besides milk of mag? I was thinking like maybe taking fiber... idk any advice welcome at this point!