Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tijuana surgery March 21

Have you tried Gas X strips...not tablets? Try it and let me know what works...I want to be prepared. Hope you feel better!!!

Glad to hear everything went well, I'm sui excited to get this done, I've kind of started eating less now, thinking maybe it's too soon. I just found out that I have arthritis in my back and going to be having injections Friday, I hope the pain goes away so I can exercise. My surgery is may 30 with dr.Garcia as well.

I was told that the first month you are depressed...maybe part of being fatigue. A lot of hormones change...

I was told that the first month you are depressed...maybe part of being fatigue. A lot of hormones change...

Hi carmen,

I am almost a month too but i feel super sick, i can't get out of the bed, i feel tire, i get dizzy if i get up and the worse thing is that my leg do not responding, according to my personal doctor told me that i have a balance issue. All this happened after the surgery!! Do you feel the same problem.. Ohhhhh plus i have develop taquicardia...

I just had the surgery wed. I'm in San diago ready to go home. I feel ok, slight headache, little sore, & sleepy. I have been walking...overall...I'm ok. Thank God!! Now, we did have an issue. But will discuss once I get home.

I will be down there on 21st for surgery on 22nd with dr lopez

I will have surgery with Lopez on May 19

I can't say I'd recommend leaving to Tijuana for this. If you're determined, please take plenty of pics, follow your itinerary (get picked up where you were told originally). I was pretty much kidnapped, picked up by another hospital (clinic in shopping mall), was told a bs story when I asked about Jerusalem Hosp. Prw-op was simply pay day for them. Couple of blood tubes filled, probably flushed in toilet. Apparently, my coordinator with Jerusalem was in it. Thank God I made it home safe.

Omg, your scaring the crap out me, why would they do that, how did you make it to the hospital once you found out you were in the wrong place. Was someone with you.

I was told to walk outside of airport, in SAN, to Jet Blue...upon arrival, I was told to walk to commuter terminals. Driver came and we drove to Tijuana. He took me to Hosp. Vida, there I met some this guy in the room. Nurse drew blood, I paid him & left to hotel (not hotel on itinerary). Next day driver came to pick me up, 10 a.m. surgery at 2 p.m. My stay and care was good. Ended up staying an extra night in hosp. Next day was taken straight to San Diago, another hotel, a day early, I paid again (hotel stay was originally being paid by Jerusalem). At that time, I was told I was intercepted (kidnapped) by other patient who was approached by Jerusalem personnel at hotel. They told him about a problem they were having with employees. All seemed crazy, but true.

Correction...caught a bus to commuter terminal. Assumed it was a slight change, extra pick up time for only me. Seems like my coordinator (Who was sweet as could be, available whenever I called her), transportation operator, and physician was all in on it.

Ohhhh and I wasn't alone. My friend and I went together to have procedure done. There we met another patient from Ohio....He was confronted by Jerusalem personnel and shared the info with us on our departure date. Obviously, we were shocked and said nothing till we crossed the border.

My advise...don't go alone & follow your itinerary. Ask questions and if it doesn't seem right....probably isn't. Question then will be....what now...of you're already in their hands. What would they do with ya...IDK-BECAREFUL! I wouldn't recommend Tijuana..bottom line. It could have turned out horrible!

After reading this, it scared the crap out of me... Guess I'll be going to new Iberia, la. Thanks for the heads up!!

I had heard of a inexpensive place in Lafayette, La. Closer to home, after I had everything booked and paid for. Thought of changing at the last min, but didn't.

Not sure if a nurse or patient told me, in Tijuana, that most of their patients came from Louisiana, go figure.

Sorry to scare you, just shared what happened to us. Anything could have happened after the fact. Just lucky that the procedure was done & the nurses took well care of us. If you want to discuss more...you're welcome to email me... elvira0611@yahoo.com