Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tijuana surgery March 21

I'm flying in to San Diego for surgery in Tijuana ... anyone else going to be in the area? I'm just looking for support...I'm having a hard time getting my family on board with my life change. ..but I'm going thru with it regardless

I will not be there but I did the same exact thing 5 months ago.

Feel confident in knowing you are making a great choice for yourself.

Good luck!

Hi.... so you think it's legit? It almost seemed too good to be true. What's the hospital like? And recovery or soreness after?

How much weight have u lost if you want to share?

6 months post op on March 24th in 13 days.

I'm down 80 lbs.

320 to 240 (maybe 230 now)

eating 1000 cal per day or less

Protein every meal, chicken eggs fish

i eat so little that i can afford to have some chocolate milk, jolly ranchers, crown and cokes, and get away with it.

just make sure your meals are all Protein and cut out all bread and you'll drop fast.

oh it's very legit.

i was very nervous they gave me a zanax to calm me down at the hospital.

not gonna lie the first 3-4 weeks suck

but the next 3-4 months will be just fine.

Edited by Chase30

That's great to hear! ! Some people think I'm crazy for going to Mexico but I'm paying cash so it works for me. The team at belite have been awesome. Do you find your self hungry ever? Any complications? If you don't want to tell me I understand

Just keep in mind that everyone is different, but i have had no complications, and no i never got hungry for the first 3 months. I can tell now when I am hungry and when I am thirsty, it's a different feeling for each, it's kinda crazy. I can now listen to what my body is telling me and I know what it wants/needs.

Oh thank Heavens. Some one else is going to Tijuana for the surgery. That makes me feel so much better about my decision.

Yes yes.... will you be there around the same time? My date is 9 days away I'm excited

I'm going in May, I have 3 friends that have done it there, and they all are doing great, 1 lost 100lbs, 2 has lost 60 and 3rd one just got back last Friday. I can't wait to get it done and start loosing my surgery is the 30th.

I will be down there on 21st for surgery on 22nd with dr lopez

Oh super cool! Maybe I'll see u walking thru the halls. My Dr is Rodriguez. .. the ladies at belite have been amazing with this journey. I'm so excited to get my new life started. Its so hard to keep my excitement contained in the office. I haven't told any of my co workers. .. What about you? Are you telling anyone?

Me and 2 of my friends are flying there, Tijuana for surgery 4/14. We are super nervous, well, I am anyways...just been doing research. Our physician is Dr. Jose Luis Curiel. I've been trying to get info. On him. This sounds to good to be true...I want to believe in this! In the process of making flight reservations. Guess I'm kinda going with the flow...and I don't normally do this.

Hey Carmen ... Ill be completely honest. This process has been very quick and seems almost too good to be true. I have already booked my flight and paid my deposit on mine. I am 8 days out till my date and im getting more excited and motivated every day. I have been on the pre op diet for 4 days and its becoming easier every day. I have to admit that being able to communicate on this site with other people going through the same thing has been a great help. I am glad that you have friends going with you. The worst thing for me was sharing with my family and not getting the positive reaction and support that I was looking for.... but I am doing this for me. Are you doing this through any company or insurance? I am paying cash for mine and the team at belite has been AMAZING they always answer the phone and the emails that i send and there is no grey area for me as they have answered any questions that i have asked.

Feel free to keep me posted on your progress and questions and i will do my best to answer and support you ... looking forward to hearing from you...

I am very nervous and wish I could share with my family. I know they won't support me in this. My fiancé and I watched videos and he's OK with it now. I'm just scared about the doctor...and hearing that the hospital may be a clinic. Jerusalem Hospital...I wish you the best and really would like for you to keep in touch with me!!!