Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm just wondering if a sandwich with bread is in my future ever again? My mom who had gastric bypass almost 9 years ago eats bread rice potatoes anything she wants like normal. So I was just wondering if there are veteran sleevers out there that can tolerate bread?

im no veteran but have been able to tolerate small amounts of bread the problem is small amounts of bread seem to expand once combined with stomach juices so I have not been able to eat more than 1 slice of toast with an egg. just remember Protein first carbs if there is room.

I ate a ham and cheese sandwich for lunch actually. Well not a whole one. But 1 slice of bread with some spreadable cheese and some black forest shaved ham. I eat them once in a while as a treat. you can too!

There is nothing that is off limits really. There is however moderation and balance. You may find that when you get the sleeve you won't like bread. It happens...I can't eat beef and pork gives me trouble. Scrambled eggs don't but a sunny side up egg is not on my good to me list. Strange but true.

Always remember, Protein first, then veggies, fruit and carbs last.

What you are embarking on is a life long program/journey not a failed diet....So it will be there if you so want it....

That is how I feel about it anyway. works for me!

I have occasionally had 1/2 of a whole wheat sandwich thin. They are shaped like hamburger Buns but very thin. My sleeve liked it toasted. I am 7 weeks out.

Yes, I do. But most of the time I eat bread, I eat the natures own 40calories light bread. I make a sandwich with one slice cut in half (1/2 sandwich) and fill it with Protein (cheese, meat) and lettuce Tomato. I usually have to leave a few bites. I also try not to eat it very often.

As per religious observance, I bake and eat Challah every Friday and Saturday for HaMotzi. Between a pinch of Challah and about 3oz of Grape juice, I'm stuffed to the gills. I've had great luck with thin pieces of Rye for when I need a deli fix.

Edited by Tikvah

I eat bread. I live in Nor Cal, home of fabulous bread. Early out, I ate a few bites of crust as an occasional treat. Later, when I could tolerate the soft inside part, I ate a small piece as a treat occasionally. Now that I'm far enough out I can eat a well-rounded diet instead of just Protein and a bite or two of veggies if I'm lucky, I often eat whole grain bread (1 slice) as a Breakfast or lunch sandwich.

Lynda

I'm almost 6 months out and I can't eat bread. I keep trying, but it always makes me very uncomfortable. I don't think I'll ever be able to eat it. I can eat crackers though. :)

How long has it been since you've been sleeved EarthyGoalie? I love 40 cal natures own bread and would love a bologna sandwich. Maybe one day??

Scrambled eggs and toast or even cottage cheese and toast sounds so good!!

I do eat natures own 100% light bread.. But I have to eat it well toasted..I eat one slice on occasion with an egg for Breakfast. I also love smoked salmon so I make an one half sandwich with 2 oz smoked salmon, Dijon mustard, sliced tomatoe , a little bit of sliced purple onions and a teaspoon of light mayo. It taste great.

I don't eat much bread because I am paranoid about weight gain, plus it swells up in my belly and i get that stuck feeling if i am not careful. I especially am not a bread fan because I don't drink with my food so my mouth feels dried out after i'mdone and i'm stuck feeling that way for 30mins.

lol right now my husband and I just ate some cold cuts. he ate 7 inches. I had like half of a 3in and was full.

Lol. I guess that's the whole purpose of the sleeve. But sounds funny to just eat an inch or two. Too bad you can't get a $1 - 3 inch.

I have some bread but not a lot - I just don't want it much any more. I was a breadaholic pre-surgery.

I might have 1/2 a slice of toast w/ breakfast, but usually don't finish it. I've nibbled on some bread at an Italian place, but it just doesn't have the same draw as it used to.

I've had bread once in awhile, but I find that it really crowds out anything else I'm trying to eat (such as protein). I now only eat it if it's at a really good restaurant, and usually just one slice. For day to day type sandwiches, I either use lettuce leaves or low-carb wraps.