Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had my fill..Im at 5cc..and its TIGHT!

:huh: Well I had my 2nd fill yesterday, Starting out I was at 2cc on a 10cc band. Well yesterday I had my 2nd fill and she added 3cc more so a total of 5cc. And WOW! is that a change! Did my liquids all day yesterday. So today I had some Soup..and that went down good. Then a lil bit later I tried some chicken. That did not stay down :( Up it came. So..will I be able to eat solids again? And how long till I should try them? Just seems like its all just sitting right there. If I dont throw it up..It hurts like crazy;. The reason she put so much in on my second fill is cause I lost my insurance and now paying out of pocket for my fill (which is not cheap) And to keep me from having to come back and pay that again. She just filled me up.

Any help with what I should do and what what my outcome of eatting again..would be greatly apprieciated!!

Lapbandchic

After my fills, I'm supposed to stay on liquids for 2 days, then mushies, then back to solids. Not sure what your dr's rules are with eating after a fill, but maybe you tried too soon? That being said, chicken is a problem food for me in general. Unless it's canned chicken that I can mush up, it typically doesn't go down. I can eat other solids just fine (including steak), but my band just doesn't like chicken!!

I'd suggest just taking it slow, and really focus on small bites, and chewing your food like crazy! If you still find yourself struggling to get other solids down, you may have to go back in for a small unfill. Good luck!

She didnt say to go back thru the process of liquids to mushies and so on. But that makes since. Ill try that. Thanks for the response back. :)

Manda offers good advice. And you're a lucky "chic" to have such a progressive doctor. Many doctors milk the system and the patients for every dime they can squeeze out of you with itty bitty fills for a year.

Leftover chicken is nearly a nono for me unless I use some kind of aid like hollandaise sauce or salsa to help it slide through a little easier. Fresh chicken is OK sometimes, but it's the hardest meat for me to swallow.

And be careful with throwing up? Hope you're just PBing and not a full blown hurling session? That can cause a slip more than anything.

tmf

Edited by 2muchfun

Wow! You got 3cc's at once? Your doctor seems pretty aggressive. In that case, I might stick to liquids for an additional day or two. That's a huge adjustment, you should be a little more gentle with yourself and be mindful of your food choices.

You need to work your way back up to real food or you are going to end up with food getting stuck. You are swollen after a fill just like after surgery. That to me is a bit much but that is your doctor. I would say go slow until next week or call them and tell them you think it is too much. People like me have a sensitive stomach and I have had to be on liquids up to three weeks. Just saying either wait it out and do liquids to full liquids to mushy to solids or call them tomorrow and tell them to unfill you a little before the weekend comes and you cant eat or drink at all.

PB=Productive Burp. It's when food gets stuck in your pouch or esophagus and you gently belch it up and spit it out.

Vomiting is when you're sick from the flu or hangover and your stomach including the lower stomach below the band and the upper stomach convulse violently to expel all contents. This convulsion can tear the sutures from the stomach holding the band in place.

It's four days later, how are you feeling?

Well I went in this past Sunday and had her take out 1cc. I feel so much better. Crazy how just 1cc would make such a difference. So she said to stay with 4cc for a few months then give her call if I want her to increase it. Thanks for being concerned. Have a wonderful day.

I'm glad to hear that. I had a feeling she put too much. Thanks for responding and continued success.