Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Went to doctor this morning as I feel like CRAP. Was told to follow BRAT diet until my gastro problems resolve themselves. (Thankfully I don't have the flu.) For the most part though, I don't eat bananas, rice, applesauce, or toast. Just wondering what others have done when told to follow this diet.

And honestly, the upper respiratory infection is kicking my butt and I don't even feel like eating.

Hope you feel better, Tara. Sorry I don't know anything about the BRAT diet -- one diet I've never heard of! Doesn't sound very band-friendly, though. Ginger tea is pretty great for upper respiratory issues -- can some one grab a few boxes for you? Best wishes!

I've never heard of the BRAT diet, but wanted to say, I hope you're feeling better very soon!

The Bratt diet is for upset stomachs and diarrhea Bananas, Rice, Apple Sauce, Tea and Toast. I would call them and see if you could eat something else or if they could give you something to calm your stomach.

That's what I was going to mention , does your pcp no about your band first and let them know , what you can and can not tolerate , also I don't know what else you can do for the respitory problem but to ease nausea I go to the pharmacy like Wallgreens or any pharmacy and ask for Emetrol it taste nasty so I take it but have a sip of Water handy to make sure it stays down , all I know is it works really well for nausea , but you have to ask for it because they don't sell it over the counter any more , used to be you could just pick it up , buy it and go , but now you have to ask for it.

Thanks everyone.

I can tolerate everything on the list. Just seems like a lot of carbs. But I'm not eating much anyways. Just trying to stay hydrated. Ugh.

Hope you feel better soon.