Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Marchies In April

I'm actually able to get bread down with no problems (and everything else I have tried so far, which isn't much since today is my first day on solids). I do have restriction because if I take too big of a bite or don't chew well enough I feel it go down uncomfortably and I think "geeze, why did I do that, I know better" and then I take a sip of Water and it goes down and I burp and its all good. But as long as I take smaller bites and chew, I can eat anything. I just stop when I am full. Then I sort of notice my pouch emptying over time because this usually involves some burping for me. Ever since I got banded I've been quite the burper. I don't mind! Right now I am trying to go by hunger. Once I felt silly because I had a small frozen meal and I got full and there was only a few bites left. I did a bad thing and cheated by waiting for a while to get those last bites in even though I really just should have stopped. I'm not going to kick myself too hard over it though-- its a learning process.

I see my surgeon tomorrow to see if there might be something wrong with my band or port or a complication from the surgery thats causing the nausea. Personally, I doubt it. But what do I know? I don't have any of the slip signs I have read about. My GERD isn't worse or acting up (if anything its been a little better since banding). The nausea doesn't really start until after the food is all eaten and down, until its being digested. With the zofran its either mangeable or gone, its a range. DH asks me how it is compared to before and I explain that I don't know, once it starts after I wake up I take the medicine because I'm not waiting for it to get bad! No way! He wants me to try it out as an experiment, to see if I am getting better. I think he is crazy.

I want to go to the movies somtime soon and see Blades of Glory because it looks funny to me. And I want to try eating some popcorn. Not a whole lot, but some. Though I would probably cheat with popcorn and drink something with it because the salt would make my mouth dry. We'll see. I don't want to get into bad habits already. But I normally only have popcorn a few times a year, so it wouldn't be like a big bad habit, like eating ice cream at midnight. I am still doing well with keeping to my ice cream rations. I'm proud of myself for that. Its hard for me. I've slipped maybe once or twice, but overall I've been really controlled on that. I do find that I have to battle the head hunger sometimes though. I have to tell myself that no, I can't eat a lot of junk food. That everyday counts, etc. So far the "good me" is winning (with the band).

Ok fellow banster's I must have missed something somewhere...what the heck is PBing?????

April

PB=productive burp or productive belch. Caused by food not going through the stoma and, therefore, bumping up against the esophagus, which then causes the food to be ejected.

Has anyone from dr. kirchbaum with surgery in march,had a fill yet? I had surgery 3/29 with a 10 cc band. Just wondering how many cc he is doing on the first fill or if everyone is about the same or if it's a judgment call on his part. Everything sofar with him has went very smooth. terry

So I am at work standing around with a group of co workers. My lower stomach is growling like you can't believe. Somebody says "What's that noise?" Yes, It was my stomach.

Why do you think that is happening? Do you think it is so stretched out that it is calling for food. My upper stomach is fine.

I can't believe we have a snow storm here in Michigan. I have been exactly the same weight for a week now. I know it is because I have not walked. I am so amazed that you can stay on the same weight. Before lapband I would flucuate several pounds everyday. It is very weird. I have dropped 2 sizes, I am so happy.

It is weird how people that know you have this done look you over all the time. It kinda makes me uncomfortable.

Hi everyone,

I was banded March 1. I feel great. I have lost 22lbs. I will be having my first fill next week. Right now I can eat everything, and for a week have been hungry. I am hoping the fill will fix that. I have been walking, but it is time to kick up the exercise.

This is absolutely awesome. It has been raining all afternoon here in PA and chilly all week, yet my knees have not been hurting. I was able to do over 45 minutes of working out and they didn't bother me the whole time and still don't! Usually at the first sign of cold or rain, I was in agony.

I'm going to weigh myself tomorrow; not sure if I lost anything, but a lot of my clothes I haven't worn in awhile fit better than they had previously. I guess I will have to see what I have to rely on more! LOL.

Anyone else really tired? I just can't make it through the day without a nap! I just want to sleep all the time!

I'm drinking the Bariatric Advantage protien shakes and taking all the Vitamins. I guess I am only 11 days out, but man I thought I would be good to go after a week. I've been off the pain meds for 6 days so that's not it.

Are you all feeling better???:bored

I was very tired until a few days ago. I am not sure what changed cuz I have been keeping my Protein high and 800 calorie diet the entire time. After I spent time with my family, I think it is a fat thing. I really did not feel playing the jolly fat girl-I felt more serious. One of the things I noticed is that many people in my family (who never ever drink alcohol) are addicted to food-they eat it non stop, massive portions that have nothing to do with actual hunger. Seeing this from a new perspective made me think of my family members that have died because of morbid obesity, including my 34 yr old brother. At Easter, I watched my mother (and aunt) eat and I watched their eyes-it was like a hole neither could fill-they did not taste nor enjoy a thing. They are eating to die, rather than eating to live. They asked me many questions about my surgery, but most alluded to how much of a quick fix they believed the band to be (successful bandsters know that is hogwash). They want the band, but I think they have bigger issues than the band will solve. I trolled this site for months before posting and making a decision. I think if we eat to fill some sort of hole that you cannot recognize or acknowledge you should not have this surgery-you will be very disappointed. I feel so bad for those who have had a band for a year and are frustrated that they have only lose 9-20 lbs. I do not think they understand the tool factor of the band and neither does my family. Most of my family is well over a hundred lbs overweight with many of the medical issues that accompany obesity. Although I come from an extremely supportive family for whatever I do, the first words out of their mouths was that at 75-80 lbs overweight, I was not fat enough for LB. Well I just did not want to wait till I got high blood pressure and/or diabetes and had to have parts cut off by body like my father. Anyway, this started about my observations of my own family, but from reading 1000’s of posts, I extended my observations and I think if those of us having problems with the whole “I can still eat as much as I want thing” need to check out the old timers thread-LB is a tool, a great tool and I think some people spend too much time trying to trick the band rather than use it as it is intended. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

<o:p> PS-as I reread my response I notice it has strayed far from isabellesma-sorry. </o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>

Hello March Bandsters. I am 5 weeks out today. I got my first fill last Wed. I thought at first I might feel a little restriction, but have decided now that I do not. I am scheduled for 2nd fill in 6 weeks, well 5 now. But I think I will call my dr. and talk to them about it. I know I am eating too much food, and I am hungry too often. We are going on vacation the first week of May and I think I would like to have restriction to help me from overeating. I certainly don't want to gain while I'm gone.

I went to Texarkana for a support meeting Mon. night. There were two people that got pins for losing 100 lbs. That was encourageing. I think I am going to be a member of the "slow loser club." The best I lost was on the pre-op diet. I hope things pick up when I get another fill.

How do you insert images as you are typing a message? Haven't figured that out.

Sugarbear:

I went for a fill today and I still have -0- restriction. The nurse told me to eat liquids for 3 days; well that theory lasted through todays lunch. I am going to call next week and see if they will fill me early too. The nurse did say it may take me a few fills to feel restriction; so that was a tiny bit promising i guess.

Jono,

Boy, Can I relate to your feelings. I have a friend that is close to 400 lbs as I was going through surgery her bowel ruptured it nearly killed her. We have been convelesanting together over the phone. At first after her surgery she was all geeked to lose weight, now with Easter she is back to her old eating habits.

She is obsessed with food, it has really saddened me to listen to her fail once again.. I never thought I would have this mind set, but I look at people with their love and addition to food and it makes me feel odd. I have been in this food addicitve hell since I was 8 years old. I finally feel liberated.

Valerie Bertinelli was on the View the other day, she has been struggling with her weight over the last year, she was asked to be a spokes person for a diet program. So she is trying to lose. They showed a clip of her at about 13 on One Day at a Time, she said, Wasn't I cute back then, then she said the producers said she was too fat and needed to lose. Oh Society... My biggest challenge will be to get rid of clothes, that is a huge step I think. I have a Columbia coat that I want to sell on Ebay, but in the back of my mind I think what if I am not successful. Yikes! What if I need that coat next winter.

I am sorry so long, guess emotions are running high!

ok, 1 last question, how long do you have to wait in between fills?

Janine-

I was the fattest person in my class from 7-14. The summer before 9th grade I stopped eating what my family ate and began exercising. Until I was 35 I more or less kept a healthy weight 5' 4" and 140-160. Then when I approached 40 I kept gaining and could not keep it off. I then moved back in with my mother and reached 200 +. I felt if I did not do something (And I dieted off the same 20lbs numerous times) I would end up like my love ones who are eating themselves to a early grave. We all have done a good thing and we must set a good example for the ones we love.

Well, so much for will power (as if I ever had any). I couldn't wait until next Tuesday to step on the scale. IT MOVED!!!! 197!!! I just hope that I can maintain it until Tuesday so I will not be disappointed if I put it back on.

Last night I took a walk with my girlfriend. It was cold and wet. We only lasted about 1/2 hour, and by the time I got into the house, my face was sooooo cold it hurt. My DH was on his computer and I went up to him and lifted his shirt then put my face on his belly. That was worth the cold, wet walk!

Face on the belly...that's a new one. lmao

Well, I figured I would get on the scale this morning, since it's been a week or so and I'm down another 3 pounds. I think I can get used to 3 pounds per week. haha.

Sugarbear:

I went for a fill today and I still have -0- restriction. The nurse told me to eat liquids for 3 days; well that theory lasted through todays lunch. I am going to call next week and see if they will fill me early too. The nurse did say it may take me a few fills to feel restriction; so that was a tiny bit promising i guess.

do you have the large band or the small band?