Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Marchies In April

I am almost 4 weeks post op and I am so hungry... (loud growls from my stomach) I have done really well until this week, but now I must not have must restriction and I dont see my Dr. again for 3 full weeks and I dont want to gain the 20 lbs I have lost! Does this get better? easier?

I had my post op appointment yesterday. I found out why my port was hurting so bad (worse then right after the surgery) I guess I blew some stiches coughing and bending. The Dr. Could tell because I had some new bruising, yellow bruises over the port. His suggestion try not to cough (yeah right) and ibuprofen to keep the inflamation down.

Unfortunately he is a stickler on the liquid diet and didn't okay me to go to mushies.

I am jealous of all you girls losing weight. I am only down four pounds!

Sorry to hear about the port drama. I don't have that problem, but mine is still quite sore (I was banded on the 28th) & I still need to lay down on the couch of an evening as it aches after being on the go all day.

Other than that, every day is better than the last & take comfort in the fact that I am on 2 weeks of liquids too before mushies! :) (If I suck on it hard enough, I'm sure that I can make an Easter egg liquid tomorrow!)

Cheers,

Cate

Hi everyone! Its great hearing all your post op stories!

I ended up going to mushies 2 days early. I just couldn't take another liquid meal :)

My nutritionist was ok with me doing it though.

I've been eating lots of things like eggs, and farina, and some softer cheeses. It all tastes sooooo good. Although I've found that my pouch must be WIDE open, because I'm able to eat about 4-6 oz of farina at a time????

I've lost about 10 lbs since surgery, although the first week I didnt' lose anything. Since I added more calories the weight has been coming off a lot easier.

Today I went to the ER for the stomach problems. I was on my way to class but since I kept retching, my DH took me to the DR instead. THey wouldn't see me in conveniant care so we went to the ER. There I had all sorts of tests done, including one where I had to have blood taken from both sides of my body to compare results. At first the doc suspected it was my gall bladder since when it gets pressed on it hurts and he thought it felt a bit inflamed. But the ultrasound looked ok, so it got the all clear for now at least. I got some zofran, an anti nausea medicine, and that really helps. So looks like it is the stomach flu. I guess it has been going around. Follow up with my regular docs. By the time we got out it was too late to call my surgeon-- I will do that Monday. I think I have apointment comming up anyway. And also see PCP for more tests and stuff unless I just happen to get better. I'm hoping I just get better.

12 days out.....and doing OK!

One major mistake not having the protien shakes in the house prior to surgery. Couldn't find them, had to order on-line and wait. Not a good thing on the energy front. V8 was a big help though!

How long before this swelling goes down, I look 6 mos pregnant! I know my neighbors are watching and not saying a word, but i know what they are thinking....she's way to old for that!!!!:(

I go back to work on Monday but I am still having that feeling that someone is trying to open an umbrella in my ribcage. Hope that passes soon! Any suggestions?

Many Thanks!

SueB

Ok..I have been SOOO good even though I have been starving since one week post op.I have an appt for a fill on Thursday.Anyway, we got a baby sitter last night and went out and I had 3 drinks!! Then this morning I cooked the huge cinnamon rolls with the cream cheese icing out of the can for the kids and I ate one!(I quess one is better than the three I would eat prior to surgery) This reassured be that I am wide open! Someone please come to my house and kick my ars!!!PS...We are having a crawfish boil for easter:phanvan

Today I went to the ER for the stomach problems. I was on my way to class but since I kept retching, my DH took me to the DR instead. THey wouldn't see me in conveniant care so we went to the ER. There I had all sorts of tests done, including one where I had to have blood taken from both sides of my body to compare results. At first the doc suspected it was my gall bladder since when it gets pressed on it hurts and he thought it felt a bit inflamed. But the ultrasound looked ok, so it got the all clear for now at least. I got some zofran, an anti nausea medicine, and that really helps. So looks like it is the stomach flu. I guess it has been going around. Follow up with my regular docs. By the time we got out it was too late to call my surgeon-- I will do that Monday. I think I have apointment comming up anyway. And also see PCP for more tests and stuff unless I just happen to get better. I'm hoping I just get better.

I'm sorry that you still aren't feeling better, but I'm glad to hear its a stomach bug and not something worse :hug:

Ok..I have been SOOO good even though I have been starving since one week post op.I have an appt for a fill on Thursday.Anyway, we got a baby sitter last night and went out and I had 3 drinks!! Then this morning I cooked the huge cinnamon rolls with the cream cheese icing out of the can for the kids and I ate one!(I quess one is better than the three I would eat prior to surgery) This reassured be that I am wide open! Someone please come to my house and kick my ars!!!PS...We are having a crawfish boil for easter:phanvan

We were banded on the same day by the same doctor and I know crawfish and cinnamon rolls are not on your post-op diet yet, missy! *whispering* I had a bite of a croissant yesterday....

Just try and hang in till thursday. Are you having it done at the srugicenter? PianoPlayer is getting a fill that day also - he was banded by Spivak on the same day as us.

We were banded on the same day by the same doctor and I know crawfish and cinnamon rolls are not on your post-op diet yet, missy! *whispering* I had a bite of a croissant yesterday....

Just try and hang in till thursday. Are you having it done at the srugicenter? PianoPlayer is getting a fill that day also - he was banded by Spivak on the same day as us.

:( I know, but I am sooo close to time for REAL food:nervous It is banster hell big time!!!!!

My appt is at his office,he is suppose to have the machine in the office now??? When is your fill??

Thank goodness I'm not the only one with no willpower-or restriction!

Ate french fries and a mozarella stick the other night at B.King. I used to never eat ffries.

I had a stomach ache for the next hour. So that showed me!

I'm slowly introducing regular food like the Dr. said. I see him in 2 weeks. Hooked on tuna salad and cottage cheese and refried Beans.

Just afraid if I try an actual meal it will be the point of no return and I'll eat everything in site. (kinda like smoking, even if I just had 1, I knew I couldn't stop)

I've got to get a handle on this. measuring my portions seems to be working and making the right food choices and exercise.

I have to keep reminding myself that sticking to the plan doesn't have to wait until the 1st fill, I should be doing it all now.

Hi all!

I tried to read everyones posts, but I think I only made it to page 5.

I'm happy to be a member!

I was banded on 3/29. I get full pretty easy on the liquid diet, but I think I'm going to far in between because when I finally eat I'm starving. I would love to chew something at this point! Maybe just one small reeses Peanut Butter cup!!! I've been so tempted! I made myself a choc. soy milk, Protein Powder and 1 tsp of peanut butter shake, but it just wasn't the same!

I was a big time binge eater so I don't even dare take one bite of anything I'm tempted by. I am so tired of liquds!! I did blend up some mac and cheese, but that was just gross!

Congrats to you all for starting this new journey in your life! :clap2:

Trina

So I am on regular foods now. Almost 20 days since surgery, and no restriction, and a huge appetite.

So I have to ask the people that are eating regual foods, what are your volumes like?

I am wide open so it is truly dieting until my fill on May 5.

I am definetly not drinking at all with eating so that's a good thing.

Just extremely concerened about how much is too much during a typical meal.

Kythera- Hope you feel better real soon.

I love zofran. Thats the anti nausea medicine I got. The tablets disolve on my toungue so I don't even have to swallow them and they work pretty fast and last six hours. And they work great! With the medicine I've been able to take my regular prescription meds finally and actually eat! So today I got Protein in. Its been all week since I have... my poor hair and nails. I can tell that I'm not all better because I still get dizzy if I stand up for too long and so forth, but its nice being able to take my meds and eat and the whole not being in agony afterward is definitely a plus. I even had a little bit of chocolate. I'm out of town monday for an apointment with my neurologist but I can still call my surgeon and also make an apointment with my PCP. After the ultrasound my port is sticking out! I can feel it even under clothes and its odd. I'm not sure if it is because it got irritated being pressed on or what. But it doesn't hurt unless I push on it so I just don't push on it. I have this dream of one day not seeing doctors routinely... Of going months and months between doctors visits. Crazy? Perhaps. But its still a nice dream... :)

Ok - so I've officially passed my one month bandiversarry. LOL I've lost 24.5 lbs and am so excited! Only thing is that I have been trying to be so goos with my diet and not drinking and eating at the same time that I am not getting enough Water. I was in te ER on thursday with kidney stones. OMG was that painfull, I was so scared with the band being so new. I was afraid something was REALLY wrong. I was glad that the ER doc said that it was unrelated to my band and they eventually passed on FRiday. What made it harder is that I have such a hard time with nausea and pain meds, I must have been really dehydrated because they couldnt find a vein for the IV :)

I have a water bottle by my side and that will be my faithfull companion from now on.

So DRINK YOUR WATER!!

Janine, I also just started on regular foods. I try and eat things with lots of Protein and it keeps me full for a really long time. Today I got a small Wendy's chili with cheese and onion and OMG it was SO good and filled me up for about 4 hours. Maybe if you went with more Beans, cottage cheese and skim plus milk, which has extra protein, it might help your hunger cravings.

One thing that has helped me in the morning are the 42g protein test tubes. I've never been a big Breakfast eater, so on my nightstand i keep one of those protein test tubes and before I even stand up I drink half of it. This gives me about 90 calories and 21 grams of protein right off the bat. While I'm getting ready for work I try to drink 16oz of Water and then I grab a yogurt of a smoothie on my way out the door. Dannon light n fit strawberry smoothies are great and are only 60 calories. For lunch I'll usually have one of those Soup at hands and an applesauce. For dinner a lean cuisine meal. For a snack a sugar free pudding cup and then the rest of that protein test tube. It really seems like all I do is eat or drink.

I love the pre-measured stuff because then I really can't overeat.

What do you typically eat in one day?

Virginia