Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

more reasonable multivitamins

Hello everyone, I've currently been taking the Bariatric Advantage Multivitamins EA, but is there a more reasonably priced alternative for us, that we can use with the same benefits? Thanx

blecchhh, those are so gross.

I take Trader Joe's High Potency chewable Multivitamins.

I've been using a chewable called Enhanced Energy - Whole food Multivitamin (Mango pineapple Flavor) by Kal. Pretty good, get them online from LuckyVitamin.com. $13.62 for 60 (I take 2 a day).

They recently sent us a coupon code for 25% off through the end of March, LUCKYVIT25. Feel free to use (FYI no affiliation, my lady is just a bargain hunter).

blecchhh, those are so gross.

I take Trader Joe's High Potency chewable Multivitamins.

I took those pre-op...they are good and a great value!

I also take the chewable ones from trader joes. I don't like swallowing big pills and they actually taste good! The Barriatric dietitian at Kaiser recommended them and said to take two a day

So I can take the Trader Joe's high potency chewable multivitamins, instead of Bariatric Advantage, that will meet the requirements that I need at 4 weeks post op?

Kitty 323 - I am pre-op but have started the Vitamin routine required post-op. in addition to the 2 trader joes chewables (200% of daily value) I take:

1500 calcium citrate (chewable Barriatric advantage Carmels)

B12

B1 (50-100 mg per day)

D3 (1000-1500 per day)

Iron (45-60mg per day)

Kitty 323 - I am pre-op but have started the Vitamin routine required post-op. in addition to the 2 trader joes chewables (200% of daily value) I take:<br>

1500 mg calcium citrate (3 500 mg chewable Barriatric advantage Carmels) <br>

B12<br>

B1 (50-100 mg per day)<br>

D3 (1000-1500 per day)<br>

Iron (45-60mg per day)

Kitty 323 - I am pre-op but have started the Vitamin routine required post-op. in addition to the 2 trader joes chewables (200% of daily value) I take:<br>

1500 calcium citrate (chewable Barriatric advantage Carmels) <br>

B12<br>

B1 (50-100 mg per day)<br>

D3 (1000-1500 per day)<br>

Iron (45-60mg per day)

And Biotin hoping to reduce Hair loss post-op!

I still stick with my Flintstones Complete

I use the GNC chewables for women...

I still stick with my Flintstones Complete

Those are the ones I use, too--but I use the CVS generic version. Love 'em! Only about $12 for a HUGE bottle; I take two per day.

But the Vitamin that has helped me the most so far has been my sublingual Vitamin B...I take a megadose of 5000mcg per day and it has made a GIGANTIC difference in my mood (no more winter blahs), my sleep quality, and my energy levels.

Centrum makes an adult formula chewable (orange flavor) that was pretty good and reasonably priced. It is a little hard to find, I first found it at a local private owned pharmacy. Depending on what your surgeon recommends you may need to take some supplements (iron or b Vitamins, etc.). My surgeon had a list either take a bariatric Vitamin or take a regular multi and these supplements.

They are horrible and disgusting. I used to take them and almost always felt nauseous. I consulted my doctor’s office who advised me on some multi-plus Multivitamin capsules from Vita4Life. I have been taking them for three years now and have no complaints. They are available on Amazon.< /p>

Hi Bennettkathyn, I was just on Amazon looking for the Vita4Life Vitamins.. How big are the capsules? I really hate swallowing pills, especially big Vitamin ones.. Any change you can send a picture of the Vitamin? Would greatly appreciate it!

Edited by newbiesleever