Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am such a failure!

I was such a high risk that some times makes me think I made the wrong choice in having this surgery. I have no excuses why it has not worked for me. I have asked my self if I had to do it all over again would I? My answer is always yes. Since I had the surgery I have had one set back after another. It seems to be that I am a freak. if there is a one percent of some thing happening I am that one percent. After a slow and steady weight lost until after my year mark. I started to gain weight and now I am sad and upset with myself. I look at everything I am doing to see what I am doing wrong and still no answer, I go to the doctor and the Physiotherapist and still no answer but a lot of blame that I am not doing the right things. getBut how you want me to exercise more, cut out all sweets, drink more Water, and see a therapist well I am doing all this things, but no change. I just cry and feel bad I really want to lose at least a 100 lbs. I am a freak and failure why can I do it like so many others before me.

What are you eating? How often? How much are you walking everyday?

Are you on a lot of different meds? Certain meds can surely sabotage your weight loss and actually make you gain weight. If so, ask you doctor whether your meds or the combinations can be affecting your weight loss.

I am sorry Lilu. Please don't beat yourself up. It will only make your journey that much harder. The bible teaches us to be content in whatever state we are in. That doesn't mean that we are happy or satisfied with our current situation, but rather to find joy and peace in every situation. Focus on all the things that are beautiful about you and your life. Then start working on the things you want to change -- one task at a time. We've all been where you are. You can do this. We believe in you.

I am a firm believer that what we are eating is 80% and exercise only 20%. Focus on the basics, track what you are eating everyday and everything. I use my fitness pal but you use whatever you like best. Don't fudge what you are eating because you are only lying to yourself. See if you are getting enough Protein, or too many carbs. You can do this, little steps start right now tracking your food. Good luck. Keep coming back here for support.

I believe in My Fitness Pal too. It keeps me honest and helps me decide if I really need to eat an extra snack. I've seen days that I nearly hit 1000 calories, and it frustrates me, but it makes me work that much harder to stay under 800 cal./day. I am under 700 cal. 90% of the time. I know that thanks to MFP.

I am trying to get in my Proteins, because of food allergies I can not eat fruits or vegetables. No seafood of fish. I eat three times a day. I follow the nutritionist diet planned. I walk 10 blocks going and 10 blocks returning back home every day and twice a day. This how allowed me to maintain myself from gain more.

What are you eating? How often? How much are you walking e.veryday?

Yes you are right that is why I have never stop keeping a food log. Light I said before I have no excuses

I am a firm believer that what we are eating is 80% and exercise only 20%. Focus on the basics, track what you are eating everyday and everything. I use my fitness pal but you use whatever you like best. Don't fudge what you are eating because you are only lying to yourself. See if you are getting enough Protein, or too many carbs. You can do this, little steps start right now tracking your food. Good luck. Keep coming back here for support.

Overall I want to thank you for your support. Yes I am taking alot of meds. And the doctors know but they all act that it is me. That isvwhy I have been feeling like such a failure. The new issue is the dietian who states that I need to eat 1500 calories. I can't even eat my menu. what to do