Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Foods that aren't good after band.

We had to make a drive up to Ohio the other day and we stopped at a fast food place to just get something and keep going. My first bite of fast food since I was banded. It was awful! I've missed fast food a lot but the french fries coated my mouth with oil and the burger just didn't taste like I remembered. I guess I just don't like it anymore. I wonder how many other foods I used to eat that I wouldn't like now. Anyone else notice a favorite food just doesn't taste good anymore?

Along with my hunger diminishing, my tastes began to change also...things that used to appeal to me, gradually lost their taste...this also has something to do with my lack of interest in food also...

So 3 things happened....: 1)Total lack of hunger....2) No interest in food, no desire to eat..hence no cravings or head hunger, and 3) Changes in taste...

And this is from coming from a guy who could not get enough food, could not stop eating, craved everything...Surgery changed all that!

B-52, I am jealous because I never achieved lack of interest in food. Yes, there are foods that the thought turns my stomach. I can't even fathom steal of any kind. I used to love steak, lobster tail, shrimps, double quarter pounder with cheese! I have no interest now. best wishes to lack of interest in foods!

yeah, my tastes have changed for sure

not sure why but i do not crave/want the things i use to eat before surgery.

its not that i cant eat them, i just now want to eat different things..

When I am able to eat something without chocking I enjoy every bite of it. But yeah theres alot of food that I used to enjoy and now I hate but I only hate it because i cant eat it and I have not interest in eating it anymore for that reason. :) So I actually savor every bite of food I eat. I love smelling the food too but I don't care to eat it and get all chocked up on it or hurt my stomach. I get all exited when we go out to a nice restaurant but once I'm there reading the menu is actually boring and I have not interest in food anymore. I usaully order appetizer to play it safe.

When I am able to eat something without chocking I enjoy every bite of it. But yeah theres alot of food that I used to enjoy and now I hate but I only hate it because i cant eat it and I have not interest in eating it anymore for that reason. :) So I actually savor every bite of food I eat. I love smelling the food too but I don't care to eat it and get all chocked up on it or hurt my stomach. I get all exited when we go out to a nice restaurant but once I'm there reading the menu is actually boring and I have not interest in food anymore. I usaully order appetizer to play it safe.

Somewhere in what you said, but not those exact words...was my cure for "Head Hunger" and cravings...

You may "Think" you want it, but when you do you realize either you can't have it, or have no taste for it anymore, and find you really have no real interest in it anymore, and get tired of throwing it away after one bite, ....sooner or later you stop craving....and when the "Head Hunger" does appear, you just as quickly dismiss it knowing it's pointless........

My band was removed a while ago, but the aversions I developed with the band are still there: French fries, dry ground beef, fast food.< /p>

Once your body detoxes from the crud you were eating it wont ever taste good. When you are nourishing your body with healthy things it doesn't need crappy fast food anymore. I think in four years I have had maybe 2 hamburgers from McDonalds only because I was in a pinch but I hated every last bite.

I still love good food.. hope that I never lose my interest in eating. I had pneumonia in Nov. and lost my sense of taste.. boy that was miserable.. loss of appetite completely is not healthy. I have changed my taste for crap food for sure. getting off of Sugar is the biggest change and I can tell if I do eat something sugary how my body reacts that it's not good for me. I eat better foods and healthier but I still love food. I cook more than I ever did before the band. My husband loves it but he needs to gain weight so It's good . I have always loved ice cream and still do but I know it's not good for me. I eat frozen yogurt yasso or skinny cow but in limited amounts. I doubt I could eat a hamburger and fries. I do love chic filet chicken tortilla Soup and Wendy's chili those are the only fast food items I will eat. but we are all different that is what makes the world go around. Eating less and healthy is the key to being successful with the band..

Somewhere in what you said, but not those exact words...was my cure for "Head Hunger" and cravings...

You may "Think" you want it, but when you do you realize either you can't have it, or have no taste for it anymore, and find you really have no real interest in it anymore, and get tired of throwing it away after one bite, ....sooner or later you stop craving....and when the "Head Hunger" does appear, you just as quickly dismiss it knowing it's pointless........

My family just don't get me and I think they feel bad for me but I tell them not to. I'm good, I'm losing weight so I'm happy. I good example that I give them is in the case of "lactose intolerance". Specially with people that love milk and dairy food, but they stay away from it because they know it won't be purty if they eat it lol! And some how they learn to live without it.