Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Uh-Oh.....Nerves are starting to kick in a little

All of a sudden it hit me right smack in the forehead that I am having this surgery tomorrow. And for the very first time, I am scared. Up until right this minute, I was confident in my decision, and excited about it. WTH happened to me? So I ran to my computer and posted this. Hoping for some friends to make me less scared. What if something goes wrong? What if What if What if? Is this normal? I have scared myself silly! I think I might throw up!

Edited by Aunt GG

All of a sudden it hit me right smack in the forehead that I am having this surgery tomorrow. And for the very first time, I am scared. Up until right this minute, I was confident in my decision, and excited about it. WTH happened to me? So I ran to my computer and posted this. Hoping for some friends to make me less scared. What if something goes wrong? What if What if What if? Is this normal? I have scared myself silly! I think I might throw up!

This is so normal. Hang in there. It is so worth it! It is just the unknown that drives us crazy. They take good care of you. Your journey is just beginning. Mine started in July 2013 and down 106 pounds. No more meds no more sleep apnea or foot pain. You can do this. Keep positive thoughts. I don't know if you have iPhone or have access to music but I downloaded some relaxing music like ocean waves etc. It helped I listed to it while sitting in the waiting room. I wish you a speedy recovery and look forward to seeing you on the losing bench! Good luck!

You got this! Try to take a couple deep breaths and relax. You have a lot of sleevers and soon to be sleevers pulling for you.

Congrats! What time is your surgery Monday? We are in this together, mine is tomorrow too! I feel the same way as you do, where did my confidence go? I just try to focus on one thing I plan on doing as a result of the awesome choice I'm making. I want to wear shorts this summer, and a tank top too. If I focus on the outcomes it helps settle my nerves a bit.

I'm in tomorrow too & feeling very similar to you.

Let's look at the people who have done this and know we can do it too. My sister had hers on valentines day & she's still alive and happy she did it & super excited for me to be the same. We can do it. And this summer we will feel better than we did last or for a long time. And we will be even thinner next! I can't quite get my head round I will be thin for life---- NO MORE YOYO!

We can do it and we are doing the right thing.

This is just last minute jitters x

Two weeks ago I had those same feelings and was second guessing myself. Now I am so happy I did this. The first week will be a little rough but it gets better each day and you will feel fabulous before you know it. I love it.

I was nervous up until i went under anesthesia. I just focused on why I wanted and needed this tool. I really needed it to get and stay healthy. So I focused on the life improvements that was waiting on the other side. My husband was my sounding board & kept be positive & focused. It all worked out. Good luck. Follow the plan & you'll be pleasantly surprised.

I'm really scared too. I know I'm having it sometime in the next few months. I was just looking at before pictures of plastic surgery and I seriously am doubting my decision. I really like my breasts the way they are now and if I end up with them hanging down to my navel I am going to cry.

I don't know if I would be able to get naked in front of my husband again. What am I doing?

Sorry to thread jack but my stomach is in knots!

We can't afford plastic surgery and don't have good credit.

Good luck to you tomorrow!

I am sure I will be feeling this way the same time next week. You will do great! Good luck and post a message tomorrow night when you're resting comfortably in your room! Good luck!

All you ladies having surgery tomorrow, good luck!! Prayers for safe surgery! So excited for you guys! We can't wait to hear all about it :)

I am right in there with all the same feelings! My surgery is this Wednesday the 26th and I am excited and nervous. My friends and family are against my doing this but my daughter is going with me. Good luck to all of us! Pat

You guys will do great :-). I worried myself sick, and the surgery was my first ever.

But the reality is that the first couple of days flew by, very little pain, was able to drink and now eat well, and have lost 40 lbs in two months :-). And, off my diabetes meds. I love my sleeve, you will too :-)

My surgery is also scheduled for tomorrow at 10:30 in the morning. I too am nervous but I know that it will be worth it. I just think about how much better I will feel once I reach my goal weight.

I'm actually thinking ...... I'm 37 now, just accept what you are and forget surgery ???

Amazing the power of anxiety !

You got this! Can't wait to hear about how great surgery went and how skinny you are getting. I know I will be a nervous wreck before mine too. But just remember, it is sooo worth it!