Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2014 pre-op group

Come to think of it, how are everyone's incisions??

Mine are really itchy. Im 5 days post op today. Fluids, Proteins and Vitamins are going in good although I have had to cheat to get in the Protein. (My powder has 30 grams per scoup so I put 3 in one shake) That way if I forget to do more it has gotten in there. The incisions look clean, no oozing or leakage. They are dry and I noticed today no redness at the site. I hope everyone is doing well.

Try potlicker (juice) from green Beans strained with Protein Powder added as an alternative to regular broth. Must be home made. It is yummy.

I'm struggling to get all my Protein in today. The Isopure drinks are making me more nauseous than I already. I got some vanilla and chocolate SO delicious protein milk. I added my vanilla protein powder and am freezing it. Hopefully a little ice cream like. Also I have seen a bunch of cheating using mashed potatoes. Seems strange cause it has no protein, what about cheating using hummus? Creamy Peanut Butter? Greek yogurt.

I got to this place in my life because of cheating, but I need more protein. Otherwise I feel like I am sooooooooooooo weak.

I'm struggling to get all my Protein in today. The Isopure drinks are making me more nauseous than I already. I got some vanilla and chocolate SO delicious protein milk. I added my vanilla protein powder and am freezing it. Hopefully a little ice cream like.

I HATE Isopure!!! I can't drink it....it's way too chalky for me.

I did the same thing with my protein. I mix mine with either half 2% and half Water or with almond milk and I freeze it and it does feel like I'm eating icecream

My incisions are oh so itchy. I'm 5 days post op and go for my post op visit on Tuesday morning.

Struggling to get in my liquids and Protein. No desire to eat or drink at all. The thought is mentally draining. I did just buy some sugar free Popsicles.

It's so easy to lay back and relax so I've been making myself get up and move around. Just came back from an outing to the movies with the kids and a quick trip through Walmart.

I am not having a problem getting liquids in just protein...I have severe head hunger:/ I am just sick of drinking...sick of the sweet taste of Protein. I have never been a big sweets person. I have to make dinner for my daughter every night and it smells so good. She had grilled chicken, coleslaw and cornbread. :(:( after her bath I will sit down with my protein "ice cream" and jello....

My incisions are healing nicely and so much smaller now, except one that is right on the crease of my waistline! My surgery was 14 April.

I am now on a second antibiotic as a second swab from within the wound showed a different bug to the first swab test - so that's why the first course wasn't working - the bug was resistant to it :-/. However it is starting to heal a bit better now and not feel so hot and pleased to report it's only about 1cm wide by 1cm deep now. So lucky it doesn't appear to have spread.

Still can't wear anything on my waist for now and the other problem I'm having is wearing Bra! Maybe it's because I had the hiatal hernia done at the same time - it's a killer wearing anything firm across the centre under the breasts. I'm getting around it with a shape wear singlet ATM :-)

Food: I'm lucky - I'm onto puréed food now, been having puréed casserole, bolognaise sauce, steamed fish with sweet potato and vege mash, even tried a scrambled egg this morning :-). My stick blender is getting a workout ( my Ninja is getting jealous ). I laugh so hard at the 1/4 cup servings - as I'm pretty sure that was the size of a taste test while I cooked these meals not all that long ago ;-). Now that's a meal size and I'm full.

Not big on sweets everyday but for those moments I made up a mixture of mashed banana, vanilla custard, no fat plain yoghurt and Nutella and whipped it up with stick blender and froze it in little portions - it's like chocolate banana gelato. My partner suggested adding a small amount of Peanut Butter to the next batch.

Yes those Isopure drinks are making nauseous all the time ughhh I am taking it back I just can't do it

I have the Isopure with stevia. It is gross if you drink it straight. Too thick but thin it by more than half with Water and put over a lot of ice and it is doable.

My incisions look good. Most are healed. 2 are still in the process. One has a lil ooze today but nothing major..2 are so small and healed you can barely see them

My incisions are healing nicely and so much smaller now, except one that is right on the crease of my waistline! My surgery was 14 April. I am now on a second antibiotic as a second swab from within the wound showed a different bug to the first swab test - so that's why the first course wasn't working - the bug was resistant to it :-/. However it is starting to heal a bit better now and not feel so hot and pleased to report it's only about 1cm wide by 1cm deep now. So lucky it doesn't appear to have spread. Still can't wear anything on my waist for now and the other problem I'm having is wearing Bra! Maybe it's because I had the hiatal hernia done at the same time - it's a killer wearing anything firm across the centre under the breasts. I'm getting around it with a shape wear singlet ATM :-) Food: I'm lucky - I'm onto puréed food now, been having puréed casserole, bolognaise sauce, steamed fish with sweet potato and vege mash, even tried a scrambled egg this morning :-). My stick blender is getting a workout ( my Ninja is getting jealous ). I laugh so hard at the 1/4 cup servings - as I'm pretty sure that was the size of a taste test while I cooked these meals not all that long ago ;-). Now that's a meal size and I'm full. Not big on sweets everyday but for those moments I made up a mixture of mashed banana, vanilla custard, no fat plain yoghurt and Nutella and whipped it up with stick blender and froze it in little portions - it's like chocolate banana gelato. My partner suggested adding a small amount of Peanut Butter to the next batch.

You mashed veggies, sweet potato and fish??? I start pureed next week.

Ps your sweets sound yummy!! Someone told me to take my Protein Shake, mashed banana and a spoon of peanut butter, blend it and freeze it...time to get creative:):)

All my incisions are healing, well except the one on my left side that is actually the largest one and right in the crease of my waist....and the way it was sealed up, it's indented.

I'm struggling to get all my Protein in today. The Isopure drinks are making me more nauseous than I already. I got some vanilla and chocolate SO delicious protein milk. I added my vanilla protein powder and am freezing it. Hopefully a little ice cream like. Also I have seen a bunch of cheating using mashed potatoes. Seems strange cause it has no protein, what about cheating using hummus? Creamy Peanut Butter? Greek yogurt.

I got to this place in my life because of cheating, but I need more protein. Otherwise I feel like I am sooooooooooooo weak.

When I made the instant mashed potatoes I added 1/3 cup dry milk to the pot and added a scoop of Beneprotein to my portion. Protein mashed potatoes. Lol

I'm an 4 days post op and don't know if I am getting enough Fluid. They have me using 1oz. cups. Wiiish they just let me use the bottle and drink. An nd can I eat mashed potatoes too now?