Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello all, I'm new here. My surgery is scheduled for 2/18 and I am shrinking my liver now and stopped my caffeine too. I am a coffee junkie and was wondering if people who love to drink tea could recommend Decaf teas that they love and where they buy it. Looking forward to this journey and love to read up on this site. Thank you.

There are a lot of people that drink coffee still. I have about three cups a day. You don't have to completely give up coffee just in the early months.

I've never drank coffee but got my caffeine fix from sodas. I gave those up as instructed by my doctor. So I drink English Breakfast tea now. The Twinings brand can be found in most stores. I also often drink chamomile tea at night since it is caffeine free. Most brands are ok though I do stay away from generic/store brands as the tea just seems old. You can also shop at Teavana which is a speciality store. My favorite from there is berry kiwi coloda. Tastes kinda like strong red kool-aid.

I've always liked the fruity flavors of tea. Still drink them on occasion if my band is tight or of I am cold & want to warrm up.

coffee...tea....espresso, whatever...BRING IT....

But I will say it is important to follow your Dr.'s protocol....especially in these early stages of surgery, recovery, etc...

Edited by B-52

Thanks everyone, glad to hear that eventually I can have a cup of coffee here and there.

I like every flavor of Tazo tea, it's owned by Starbucks. I usually buy mine at Walmart.< /p>

i really like chai tea's flavor

I am a tea drinker. Once in a while I have some Decaf coffee, but I can get flying on that and have to be careful. Being grounded is really important for me but I love the caffeine. I found a tea that really works for me -- Kukicha. It's a lot less caffeine than regular black tea and I find it very balancing.

Lately, at night, I've started drinking Dandy Blend which is a dandelion "coffee" with no caffeine at all. It has some body, which is nice, and I really like it a lot -- plus amazing properties for the liver.

Good luck to you -- very exciting times!

Thanks everyone for your responses. I actually love DD but I live in Hawaii now and there is no DD here.

What is DD?

:huh:

Dunkin Donuts ????

I used to drink coffee, and early last year it began bothering me so I switched to tea, which I hadn't drunk in years. I love the Starbucks Chai. Spicy, aromatic, tasty. I will refuse to give it up. Sometimes I drink chamomile and sometimes the Decaf chai too. Enjoy

Teavana has the best teas... Especially the decaffeinated kind. I especially like the blueberry Kona pop, and the berry colada. But there are tons of flavors to choose from. I used to HATE tea until I discovered this store. I highly recommend it!