Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is there any foods that you totally miss?

I'm pre-surgery, but I already miss egg rolls, fried wontons, chicken tempura, and cheesecake.

Yeah...I miss that stuff too sometimes...but again..it's not that I can't eat it, I just chose not to. Just you watch...when you lose enough weight to not miss things like wearing smaller sizes, fitting into spaces you couldn't before, walking without knee pain, and all that other good stuff, you'll find you don't miss these foods as much as you think you will. :)

This is so true. And (for me), the times that I do choose to eat some of these foods, I have it.....and I'm done. It doesn't become something I'm strung out on, nor does it drive me so far off track that I can't get back on. I think that's one of the most beautiful things about the band.....how easy it is to get right back on track. Not that eating an egg roll is OFF track, but fried foods are not something I would choose to eat on a daily or weekly basis.

Edited by mrsto

what i want and miss is a big fat hamburger. and a fish sandwich from mcdonalds. right now really having trouble with breads. so missing them in my diet. i just had to throw out a loaf of 45 cal . bread because of mold. i want a pastrami dip from the pit in el monte california. i haven't even been to california for nearly 20 years. and the outback steak house. I WANT CHEESY FRIES,i am dreaming about them now. i might just go and eat a few just to get it out of my mind. my band will take care of the amount i'm sure. or my hubby will. perhaps for valentines day.

The first year after surgery I missed no food. My stomach and my mind were on honeymoon.

Now, my stomach is still easily satiated, but my mind sends a different message and would like "forbidden" foods.

Head huger is not easy to manage, because it doesn't depend on my stomach, but on my life.

And there is no surgery to change or modify life...

Or..is there any?

Sandwiches. I love a fat sandwich with meat, cheese, pickles lettuce, mayo. Now I drop the bread and use lettuce, but it's just not the same. *sigh*

Edited by LBAnna

Unfortuanetly, I can eat almost anything, healthy or not. The only things that are defite no nos are raw broccoli, and certain meats due to the texture, (like if it is too stringy)

chicken breast and porks chops are too thick, so I substitute chicken thighs and pork loin. I am careful with breads, but most do fine if i eat them very slow.

My band will let me eat just about anything, but I do miss biting into a big hoagie sandwich... A good beer now and then ... And champagne mimosas. Oh well! :-)

No, not really. Can eat pretty much anything.

Bread. Rich, yeasty, artisan bread. I love, love, love bread. I can eat me some bread. Which is one reason why I am sitting here, posting with a Lap Band around my stomach! LOL My husband brought home a beautiful loaf, the other day for himself and our son to nom on and I stood in the kitchen and just inhaled the scent. Oh. My. Gosh! It smelled so good!

My band is so sweetly balanced at this point that I can eat pretty much what I please, within reason. I enjoy rice, Pasta, tender, moist meats of my choice, most veggies all well chewed. I am avoiding bread because I know that it can cause difficulties and it is a huge trigger food for me.

I also haven't tried roast beef or grilled steak. I haven't had a stuck episode, since I have been banded. I know that it will probably happen, at one point or another but I am putting it off as long as I can! :P

I miss most carbohydrates.... Chewy bread, Pasta, and the occasional sweet. But, I've broken the addiction, and like a drug addict, I need not be around my old friends, which caused headaches, zapped energy, and added layers upon layers of FAT.

I am able to eat almost anything I want but I choose to keep away from bred, rice,tortillas and fried foods,I miss my coke but I refuse to drink any soda I just drink Water or skim milk sometime meat and chicken got me stock but I learned to eat very small portions and chew well and I will be okay.

Pie. I bought a rhunarb/strawberry pie from good bakery and had 1/3 of 1/6 slice for a few evenings. It was so satisfying to have at the end of a big day. Actually when I logged my calories for the day it wasn't too bad. Better than ice cream (which is harder to just eat small dish). . . I have bought low-cal-milk ice cream & put two tsp in glass of diet rootbeer for low-cal float. . . I don't do cake & Cookies. . . too many calories & really not one of my wants. . . bread I toast & can skip buying as I find I have to throw it out . . . . birds like it on their flat-feeder though. I used to love vegetables but now without butter & cream sauces I find myself leaving them as I reach my saiety. Not good, but I am trying by using seasonings and no salt. I have multi Vitamins to make up for any dietiary shortages.

;) Good Topic!

Ms. Joanne: My great grandmother used to make strawberry rhubarb pie - she was from Indiana. I still remember it :) You don't see it anymore really - its a shame :)

I went to a baby shower at a fancy place on Miami beach today- they served French toast! I passed it up - and I had a little fruit. Gosh - French toast used to be one of my favorites!

Why can't you eat halavah? is it just because it's too high in calories? I'd presume it wouldn't be difficult to eat. I love it too but it's like any sweet in that I try to avoid it.