Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2014 post op losers

Claire,

Have an awesome time in Hawaii, I lived on Oahu for around 10 years. I love going back for visits every so often but I'm glad I moved back here to be near my parents. Aloha!!!

Aloha Claire! Have a wonderful time! Where will you be exactly in Maui? I've been to Napili Kai many times. Such a long trip for you, hope the plan rides go fine.

Aloha Tammy and Kim,

Oahu is the only island we have not been to, except on Hawaii 5-0 which we love! How wonderful to have lived there Tammy. Kim, we are right next door to Napili Kai and sometimes go there for a meal for the wonderful beach views, i often buy a really pretty canvas bag by Paul Brent in the shop too because they are one of the few places that sell them. So i will think of you when we are there. We stay at Honokeana cove two doors down, where the turtles are! A wonderful place to stay, really friendly and not too expensive. They tell me i am off island when i am back here, which is most of the time admittedly, but we go at least once a year, and some years twice. We have also stayed at Mahina Surf a little bit further down in Kahana. It will be wonderful to be there. Sun, recovery, rest and wonderful seafood and fish which hopefully i can cope with.

Mahalo both of you and take care

Claire

Enjoy Hawaii! I hope you have a fabulous time!

I was visiting a Kindergarten classroom on Friday. I walked by a mirror and couldn't believe it was me.

I took a few pics. It was a surreal moment for me. I didn't recognize my own reflection for a moment.

Enjoy Hawaii! I hope you have a fabulous time!

I was visiting a Kindergarten classroom on Friday. I walked by a mirror and couldn't believe it was me.

I took a few pics. It was a surreal moment for me. I didn't recognize my own reflection for a moment.

post-95757-0-71552100-1400378170_thumb.jpg

post-95757-0-32926100-1400378182_thumb.jpg

Wow Erin, i am not surprised. You look amazing! And you have the same nail varnish as me, bright pink. I am trying to keep my nails from flaking by having them done properly, a real luxury. They are fine at the moment but i think that might help if they get to be a problem.

Off to the airport for the flight to LA today then on to Maui tomorrow, yay!!

Take care all of you

Claire

Hi Everyone.. I had my surgery Feb 6th.. The weight loss was pretty rapid the first month where I was losing over 5 lbs a week. Now I'm averaging about 11 lbs a month. I'm not able to get all of the Protein in and was wondering if that can be the reason I have stalls on my weight loss?.. I exercise daily riding my bike at over an hour each ride. Do I need to be taking in more protein?

I'm so happy to find a group that is at the same stage as I am..starting weight 243..weight at surgery date 226.. As of today 175.

Hi Everyone.. I had my surgery Feb 6th.. The weight loss was pretty rapid the first month where I was losing over 5 lbs a week. Now I'm averaging about 11 lbs a month. I'm not able to get all of the Protein in and was wondering if that can be the reason I have stalls on my weight loss?.. I exercise daily riding my bike at over an hour each ride. Do I need to be taking in more protein? I'm so happy to find a group that is at the same stage as I am..starting weight 243..weight at surgery date 226.. As of today 175.[/quote

Congrats that's an awesome weight loss!!! Whatever you're doing, no matter how slow it seems, keep on working our program don't change because obviously, it's working!!!

Hi Everyone.. I had my surgery Feb 6th.. The weight loss was pretty rapid the first month where I was losing over 5 lbs a week. Now I'm averaging about 11 lbs a month. I'm not able to get all of the Protein in and was wondering if that can be the reason I have stalls on my weight loss?.. I exercise daily riding my bike at over an hour each ride. Do I need to be taking in more protein?

I'm so happy to find a group that is at the same stage as I am..starting weight 243..weight at surgery date 226.. As of today 175.

Hi,

It is lovely to see you here, this is a very supportive group of people, who as you say are at the same stage as you. It sounds like you are doing really well!I think that stalls in weight loss are inevitable and you are doing a lot of exercise which is building up your muscles which is great. I also try to have as much protein as i can manage, but there are limits! Weight loss does slow down but I think we tend to concentrate a lot on the times when things stand still and not really on times when they speed up again, which they do from time to time. We can't all expect to carry on losing at the speed we started off on, it is isn't realistic or probably that good for us. Think of all that you gave lost and how active you and celebrate!I am certainly really happy for all that you are managing to do and the weight that you have lost.

Congratulations and take care

Claire

ryn2bthin, how much Protein are you getting in? I would think with your exercise routine you would need to be on the higher side of the protein. I do think your weight loss it awesome!

Hello clairec,

How was Hawaii? Are you tanned and relaxed?

Carol

Kimr

I am getting about 50-60grms of Protein daily. I will admit sometimes it's very hard to get that much. I'm not doing well with eatting Breakfast, I never was much for early eating. I need to ask my nut about how much protein I should be eatting but at the last meetings they just said at least 50-60grams. Maybe I need to explain how much exercising I'm doing and see if that helps.

Thanks for the support.

Edited by ryn2bthin

The picture of me in the hospital is right after I got out of surgery.. The second picture is a week ago.

Edited by ryn2bthin

Help if you have any suggestions....

I am so hungry!!! I had 6 thin sweet potato fries and 3 slices of cucumber for dinner...a totally screwed up meal I know..things have been rough. Now I'm starving...what do I do?? What do I eat? I just want to cry. Today has sucked and now I'm hungry...ugh.