Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2014 post op losers

Hello Srreader, I'm in San Diego. I just got back from Dallas yesterday and get there about four to six times a year. Looks like you are doing great with your weight loss. I can't wait to get under 300! Only 16 more pounds to go. Where do you live?

Carol

Hello Srreader, I'm in San Diego. I just got back from Dallas yesterday and get there about four to six times a year. Looks like you are doing great with your weight loss. I can't wait to get under 300! Only 16 more pounds to go. Where do you live? Carol

I am in Houston. Have family in San Fran though! I was meaning to ask RaeRea where she was! I guess that got fuzzy with me quoting the wrong one! Was hoping to help her out if she is in our area though! Nice to meet you though Carol!

I am in Minnesota at the mayo Clinic. Just getting ready to check out. They need to take out my staples and my iv then I get to go. They are fine with me driving because I have had no narcotics since Friday, 4 hours after surgery. I just neec to stop and walk every hour or so which I need to do anyway to pee. Lol.

I am in Minnesota at the mayo Clinic. Just getting ready to check out. They need to take out my staples and my iv then I get to go. They are fine with me driving because I have had no narcotics since Friday, 4 hours after surgery. I just neec to stop and walk every hour or so which I need to do anyway to pee. Lol.

oh that is wonderful!

I made it home safe and sound. I tried drinking gatorade, was hoping to get a whole 20 oz. In over the five hours. Instead I think i got two in. It hurt to swallow anything, now it feels like I am full all thecway up to my chest. Could this be the start of the gas pain?

Hi,

Great news ReaRae I am so glad that you are home again and that all is going well.I can't manage much in the way of food or fluids and it has nothing to do with gas pain for me. I think you did well really with driving at the same time. I am so glad that you made it home ok.

Zom, fantastic news, your weight loss is amazing. Mine has slowed down but it still edging downwars and my shape has changed so I am trying to be patient.

What's this about you Erin, I couldn't see your post.

Take care all of you

Claire

RR, so glad you made it home safely!!! Sounds like your recovery is going fantastic!

Zom, that is so amazing, so proud and happy for you!

Ok I think I am having issues. I am supposed to have had 64 oz of gatorade since I left the hospital. I've had 10 oz. It hurts to swallow any amount of Fluid, like I am breaking through a blockage or something. Even a tsp hurts. I don't want to take anymore meds cause I feel like they are all piled up in my pouch blocking anything from getting through. I know it isn't pains from the incisions, my husband says it is from moving everything around. It feels like it could be bad heartburn too. Anybody have that? I literally have no desire to eat or drink except the pity me eating and drinking but if a tsp of gatorade hurts this bad I can't imagine what a chip or a candy bar would feel like.

It sounds like everyone is doing amazing!!

RaeRaes-sometimes I get that epigastric pain that feels like my insides are going to burst into flames. I think mine is just related to heartburn. My doctor told me to try Maalox to help with the pain. Just my two cents...

Hope everyone keeps up the amazing good work everyone is doing!

~*Samantha*~

ReaRaes, you might want to call your Doctor and ask him about your pain while drinking and tell him it is impacting you taking your meds. I have had pains like something getting stuck in my chest and they say it is a sign of eating too fast or too much but I would have these pains with one bite sometimes. While drinking, if I drank too fast or too much the same pain would happen. It feels like the pain is in your chest (and not the pouch). My pain would subside after 20 minutes or so. I would caution you to take very small sips and wait a minute between each small sip. I sometimes would chew a few Gas-X tablets and it would help too. I hope this helps!

Well, it's been a while!

Things are going ok for me with this crazy new tummy.

I'll outline the last 6 weeks or so. I'm not sure how long it has been since I've really checked in. I didn't lose a whole lot of weight. I think I lost about 8 or 9 the entire month.

At first I thought maybe I had reached the dreaded plateau. Then I thought maybe I had broken my bypass.

I pouted.

I was basically like "Eff it". I used the real F word, though. I just don't know if that's allowed here.

Then I started really evaluating what was going on, because I as much as I really don't want to eat/sleep/drink/live gastric bypass, I also don't want to fail. That's not what is best for me.

A few things I noticed about my journey:

a. I have a horrible time eating the stuff that's good for me.

b. Unfortunately, the stuff that's bad for me is just fine.

c. I like to drink. I said it. We all know it's true.

d. It seems really easy to grab a high calorie drink and drink it. Grabbing Water is really hard for me. LOL

e. My pouch doesn't hold much. 2-3 oz. If I pick 2-3 oz of crackers I feel SUPER satisfied. If I pick a bite or two of chicken (because that's all I can handle before I get sick) I feel frustrated and mad.

Do you see the pattern here?

Take away my tummy and I will still find a way to manipulate the situation to get what I want.

Do you know how many times I've been sick, lying on the bathroom floor because I JUST HAD TO HAVE DESSERT.

Once every two weeks I push it and say "I can have just a little!" Guess what? NO I CAN'T!

So here is what I've tried to do over the past week, and it has really helped.

a. Protein FIRST. It doesn't matter how badly I would rather eat 7 crackers. NO. cheese, cottage cheese, a slice of deli meat - SOMETHING. PROTEIN has to be eaten first. It works.

b. If I allow myself to have a drink at night, then I must drink water during the day. No soda or high-calorie drinks or no drink later.

c. I was drinking these Java Monster Mean Bean coffee drinks in the morning. It was great at first - Coffee and deliciousy greatness, but I couldn't drink it all so I wasn't getting many calories. Well, that progressed into me finishing it off in the mornings, which is about 260 calories! I am only taking in around 500-700 daily, so ONE THIRD of my calories were coming from a sugary, high calorie coffee drink. OMG.

d. I gave up the Mean Beans (except sometimes on the weekends, but whatever). I'm drinking coffee with sugar free Creamer instead. I can't even finish a small. It's about 40 calories instead of 260.

My biggest problem now is I still throw up almost daily. The protein doesn't digest well. I eat too fast. I eat too much. Whatever the reasons are, I through up almost every single day.

I hate it.

I am starting to lose again. I'm 180 as of today. My goal is 130. I have about 50 pounds to go.

Wow Erin, it sounds like this has been hell for you. I hope you are able to figure out what is causing your daily dumping. I tried to make an appointment with my pcp today and found out I can't get in until May 30th. Not good. I hope I don't have any issues before then. Have you tried talking to anyone yet Erin? I hope you aren't trying to figure this out on your own.

I am starting to feel a tiny bit better swallowing. I managed to complete a whole 20 oz gatorade in 24 hours instead of 36 like the last one. Yes, now since 1 pm on Sunday I have had 41 oz of gatorade. I did also lick the spoon of my husband's baked Beans, ate 1 piece of his popcorn, had literally a crumb from his twinkies and had a fingertip of Peanut Butter tonight. Maybe a total of 20 calories. I guess I need to start logging my food intake again. Lol. My blood sugar this morning when I woke up was 183. The biggest reason I did this surgery was to get rid of my diabetes and the need for insulin. If after only having gatorade and onky two sips in four hours it is still 183 I am going to be so unhappy. Just now it was 146.

On a great note, I received in my email today a bunch of high Protein salad recipes including one I am going to make on Friday afternoon. Cilantro edamame hummus. If anyone would like the recipes send me your email address and I will forward you the email I got. I can't wait to try them all. Lots of beans.

It hasn't been hell and I didn't mean to come across that way.

I don't dump daily. But I do vomit almost daily. They are not the same thing. I dump on very sweet food. It feels like death.

All of my trouble is because I am stubborn. The bypass has been great and has kept me in check. I feel better than I did at the beginning. ;)