Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2014 post op losers

I've been at a semi stall for the last 2 weeks now. :( I figured once I got the okay to workout out the pounds would fly off. I've been kicking butt with my workouts but I have only lost like 2 lbs in the last 2 weeks. Very frustrating.

On the upside, I'm visiting Florida in 3 days. Yay!

Zom...Have fun in Florida!!

I got back for my 6 week post op visit in one week. I am hoping for the best. I feel like I have been doing okay on my soft diet, but sometimes I still push the envelope and end up feeling like crap. This is such a learning process for me and I'm glad that I have you all to help me through it.

Hope everyone has a wonderful week!

Samantha

Hi everyone

Just had my 6 week appointment with the nutritionist - I've lost 26 lbs so I'm happy. All my labs looked good so I'm also healthy. Still get tired easily - can't wait to have more energy. Got cleared to swim so that should help. Also moved on to the "soft food diet" - no more pureed food thank goodness.

Love reading how everyone else is doing.

Hiya,

It's the unpredictability that is difficult isn't it. Misst, you sound like you have had a very difficult time but as you say everything else about eating seems to be normal for most of us. Zom, maybe you are building muscle and that is why you are not losing weight at the moment, you could be losing inches though. Samantha, I have bad days when I feel like crap for no reason too, why that happens I don't know. I have been on more than soft foods though since 4 weeks and it isn't crispbreads etc that do t. Today I had a fish finger and it got stuck - not pleasant at all. I have had them before though so why it happened today is a mystery. Janette, the tiredness is no joke is it, it's like swimming through treacle!

However, apart from the odd bout of palpitations, things getting stuck, tiredness and diarrhoea quite frequently .... things are not too bad. I am managing quite a variety of foods including fruit etc so that is brilliant. I can now eat with other people much more. I have lost 42 lbs and I am 8 weeks tomorrow. To Celebrate we are off to Italy for a week. It is so cold here and I could do with some sun, though it is a bit early weather wise over in the Italian lakes. I might even try a spoonful of Italian gelato. The dietician said to try a small amount and if I don't dump to g ahead. I will try it when I am close to the bathroom and bed, just in case. Fingers crossed!

Take care all of you

Claire x

Hi all,

I just wanted to let you all know I finally got my surgery date. It is the 25th. I go on the 24th to meet with the dietician and the surgeon and then have surgery the morning of the 25th. I'm finally excited. I don't have to do a liquid diet but since I've been bad these past few weeks with the move and stressing over this whole thing I'm going to do it to get myself back on track. Starting tomorrow morning. Two weeks and three days from today I'll be joining all of you.

Hi all, I just wanted to let you all know I finally got my surgery date. It is the 25th. I go on the 24th to meet with the dietician and the surgeon and then have surgery the morning of the 25th. I'm finally excited. I don't have to do a liquid diet but since I've been bad these past few weeks with the move and stressing over this whole thing I'm going to do it to get myself back on track. Starting tomorrow morning. Two weeks and three days from today I'll be joining all of you.

Congrats!!! So excited for you to join the journey!! Here's to just a couple more short weeks of waiting! ????cheers!!

Hi,

RaeRae what wonderful news, after all that you have been through! I am on holiday in Italy now and everything feels much more normal so I am ecstatic. If you had told me that at 8 weeks post op I would be having such a broad range of foods and eating out in restaurants I would have been so relieved. I even tried a couple of forkfuls of steak last night! I am also not dumping on Italian gelato which is wonderful. I have to say that if I have had dumping it is fairly mild and focused around my bowels! When I have a difficult day, which I do a couple of times a week, I struggle to eat at all and have diarrhoea a lot and feel unwell and tired, but it isn't related to any particular foods, or food at all really. It is more the fact that I can't do anything with certainty on those days and I don't know when I am going to have a day like that until it starts to happen. I was visiting somewhere without toilets I could find yesterday and when I started to feel a little gripey I was more than a bit concerned. I made it back to the hotel but that was more like luck than judgement. If I could just know what sort of day I was going to have and have safe things to eat it would be so much less worrying.

However, things are going really well and apart from the dodgy days and the tiredness I am fine. Generally I know when I can't eat any more and sometimes that is very little, other times with other foods I can eat a little more. That is good to know and I feel able to control things a little more. My husband is wonderful and he is plotting everything I eat so I know when my Protein has been lower and can try to increase it the next day. We also try to weigh food when we are out because it can be difficult to know how much you are eating. It isn't always possible but it sometimes helps. My check up with the surgeon is next week, the day after we get back.

I hope the rest of you are doing well.

Thinking of you

Claire x

Congratulations ReaRae - 2 weeks and 2 days but who's counting? : )

I'm so jealous of your trip to Italy, Claire - I love Italy! Hope the trip isn't spoiled by unpleasant symptoms. I've had some "urgent calls" but luckily there was always a bathroom available.

Going out for the first time (involving food) tonight - wanted to hear a talk on China - but it involves paying for a catered buffet of lasagna, salad and dessert - none of which I can eat yet! Guess I'll eat before I go and try not to watch everyone else enjoying the buffet. Made myself chocolate pudding for a treat when I get home. Wish me luck!

Janette

So since I'm in Florida I went to Disney with my best friend and I fit on everything. Got some really good food that didn't bother me to eat AND I fit on every single ride there was with extra room. :) I was so excited, then this morning I woke up and weighted myself and I was 5 lbs down! I have a fitbit which tracks your steps and I ended up taking over 26,000 steps.

I had so much fun and I'm glad I was able to keep up with everyone with no problem and didn't have to worry about not fitting on the rides.

Grrr!!!

I've been bouncing 2lbs around for the last 19 days. When will it ever end. This is the longest stall I've had yet. So frustrating.

ReaRaes, so glad you finally got a date!!! Let us know if we can answer any questions for you.

Claire, so jealous you are in Italy. I went there in 1998 and had WAY too much fun. I'm glad you are able to enjoy it and not worry about the food, such a relief to enjoy life as you should be.

Zom, that is so awesome you were able to fit on every ride! Such a great feeling. I went to Disneyland a month ago and was worried about that, but was able to do it all too. Phew! Great job on the steps! I wore my fit bit to DL too, amazing to see the results and I was only there for a day.

tkauhi, so sorry about the big stall, that is super frustrating I'm sure. Have you been able to read on here and find any plateau busters? You are sill doing amazing, so just keep at it and it will not fail you.

I'm hanging in there, doing the same thing. Really need to step out of my food shell and try new things. It's hard when you know what works and that is easy.

Thanks all of you. I am starting to freak out a bit, not about the surgery, but coming home to a house with one bathroom that is upstairs and having no shower. I tried taking a bath yesterday before I came to the mayo to participate in this study for them and I have been having trouble with my knees since Thursday and I was completely unable to get in to the tub. What is it going to be like after surgery? Will I be able to do what I have been doing and just lean over the tub to wash my hair or will that hurt too? I can't not shower/bathe.

To be honest, I don't think I could have bent over a tub for a couple of weeks. And you can't soak your incisions for awhile. Do you have a gym that you could shower at like every other day?

Rea...

I took my first shower in the hospital the day after surgery and it was rejuvenating. By the third day after surgery I had no pain at all so I would say sitting on the side of the tub should work fine... At least speaking for myself anyways. I'm sure you are going to be doing just fine...I think we are tougher than we think... Good luck to you...

OMG!!! I think I'm experiencing.... Dumping or a very bad reaction... My stomach hurts so much. I feel so sick to my stomach and the toilet is my BFF....please tell me this will go away soon!