Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Iam not a troll, sorry for bothing u all.

Wags, lauri407

im not a troll, im serious about this, Im just looking for ppl that I can truly tell my feelings too and not judge me, it makes me sad about this, but its ok I wont post anymore. I have made one good friend here and we do pm all the time. ill stick with her.

as for posting diff places its only to get answer.

I mite not be ready for the surgery but I am sure not a troll, thought I would had made friends on here.

im very sorry to bother u all, I wont do it again.

Im called a troll just bc I post the real way im feeling about this all. I came on here to get support not to b called names, I just posted my last post, im not going to b coming on this board anymore.

I thought ppl here will have understood bc some could be going through wat im going through, its sad ppl can b so mean .

Edited by nancy264

I'm sorry to hear you haven't received the support you were looking for here. I'm not sure what people might have said to you to feel this bad, but please don't let anyone make you feel like crap. It's just not worth it!

We all have a story about our journey, whether we are pre-op or post-op. Our stories are different, some funny, some sad, and some just flat out entertaining. We post in all sorts of places on this forum, depending on what our question / comment is at the time.

Please feel free to post wherever you want. We all need support in some way, and most of us enjoy offering support. I'm only 3 weeks post-op, so far from an expert. But, I was banded first & converted to the sleeve. I'm happy to post comments, and updates on my blog. Some people reply, others don't. It's OK either way.

I wish you well!

Since you are still online, I will post this here too.

Ok. You are not a troll then. You are here for advice. Here is my advice to you. Seriously reconsider this surgery. It is HARD work. It does not magically take away ANY of the cravings. You have to be in control. If you are not able to control yourself now with one of your surgeon's pre-op rules - quit diet soda - it is going to be really difficult for you after the surgery.

All the surgery does is give you a smaller capacity when you eat dense Protein. It is very easy to "trick" the sleeve and eat high calorie slider foods and drinks.

I have lost 97 pounds in a little over 8 months. I have 6 pounds until goal. I am talking from experience.

With that said, I hope you are able to be successful if you have the surgery. It can be a wonderful TOOL in a life style change toward better health.

I am quite sure I speak for many when I say your post doesn't make much sense. You should report any harassment to the website administrator. You are taking out what one person allegedly said on the entire forum. If this was meant for the person who insulted you, you should address it with that person.

nancy, you sound like a person that is hurting inside. I have been there, many of us have.

I don't know if you are ready for the surgery - it IS hard work. I have been super successful, but I struggled mightily during the preop time. I was so anxious, I was so addicted to sugary/carby food. I hated my looks. I was in massive physical pain; feeling disabled. i couldn't enjoy my hobbies. Shopping - oh lord - clothes shopping was torture. I was hungry 24/7 - knowing I needed to STOP EATING but just couldn't. I was a basket case.

The first surgeon I went to sent me to a dietician as part of the preop - she handed me this binder that just looked like another diet. He wanted me to get the gastric bypass as he thought I was too fat and had already failed at the band - so needed something more effective then the sleeve. I think my emotional reaction was a bit similiar to what you wrote. It was overwhelming.

so, I tried some more crazy ass diets... again. I think I did nutrisystem (lost 30; regained 45 if I recall correctly) and that hormone thing - I felt horrible for the couple of weeks I stuck it out. Anyway, failure failure failure... AGAIN. And fatter than ever.

So, I saw an ad for a 2 year program to overcome obesity without surgery. I lucked out bigtime that day I called. The director of the program happened to take my call. I told her my story and she was straight with me and said "with your history, you need weight loss surgery, your obesity disease is too advanced to have much of a chance without it". She said one thing that convinced me to go meet the good doctors at puget sound surgical and to consider the sleeve... she said "I know this will work for you because you never give up". she was right, as misguided as my weight loss attempts might have been - I never quit trying. Well, the rest is history... I am so grateful to have found this tool that really helped me.

Having said all that - surgery doesn't "fix you" but it is an effective tool when you are ready to make huge life changes.

sometimes a person has to hit bottom first, you sound like you feel a lot of despair - I don't think that means you will fail. Maybe seeing a counselor or somebody to talk things over with could be of help?

Also, I read the thread you are talking about. Most everyone was quite supportive of you - I know it stings when people say stuff - but really, all of us are just strangers on a keyboard - don't let anything any of us say hurt you like that.. I used to get my feelings hurt all the time, and it never happens now. I think it is part of the "state of mind" when I was at my rock bottom.

Edited by CowgirlJane

Nancy, Please don't let things get to you. I told you I can totally identify with you and your pop addiction. I didn't think I could ever give up my Coke/Pepsi habit. But the day they gave me my surgery date, I knew I had to shrink my liver. All I could think of was getting on the surgery table and having a fat liver and not being able to have the surgery. I would have been totally devastated. You will know when the time is right. I really hope I don't lose contact with you because your story is so much like mine was. I don't care what people say about me anymore, I am doing what is right for me. You will get to that stage too, I know you will. The Coke/Pepsi habit is a hard one to break! When the Dr gives you your surgery date, just keep thinking of all you have gone through and you have to shrink your liver. Please keep in touch and let me know how your doing, I am on your side, because I have been there.

I am quite sure I speak for many when I say your post doesn't make much sense. You should report any harassment to the website administrator. You are taking out what one person allegedly said on the entire forum. If this was meant for the person who insulted you, you should address it with that person.

Well said

<p>Nancy, Please don't let things get to you. I told you I can totally identify with you and your pop addiction. I didn't think I could ever give up my Coke/Pepsi habit. But the day they gave me my surgery date, I knew I had to shrink my liver. All I could think of was getting on the surgery table and having a fat liver and not being able to have the surgery. I would have been totally devastated. You will know when the time is right. I really hope I don't lose contact with you because your story is so much like mine was. I don't care what people say about me anymore, I am doing what is right for me. You will get to that stage too, I know you will. The Coke/Pepsi habit is a hard one to break! When the Dr gives you your surgery date, just keep thinking of all you have gone through and you have to shrink your liver. Please keep in touch and let me know how your doing, I am on your side, because I have been there.</p>

I agree with KatieJo4. I was struggling too. The thought that if I didn't somewhat follow the pre-op and for on the table and my liver hadn't shrunk- that he'd call off the surgery or it could be dangerous was my only motivation. Go for it- you are strong! Just do it- and in 3 months you'll be the happiest girl ever. You can handle the strict diets for 3 months- because you will have no choice!