Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey y'all, I am a week post op and my doctor requires me to be on a Clear Liquids diet for two weeks post op. I am struggling big time. The broth, Jello, popsicles, and juices are getting old. I know now that I was addicted to food. I know like any addiction, this is just as difficult to get past. I want to see if I am the only one who is struggling emotionally with their recent banding. I cry a lot and am making my own life and my mom's life a living heck unfortunately. Help with any encouragement you may have! Thanks

My mantra is "I can do ANYTHING for two weeks." That's how I got through my two weeks of fluids. That's how I get through most of my difficult experiences..... I just keep repeating my mantra. You, too, can get through this. You are stronger than you think you are. Use the week you have left to journal, read, talk, and to focus on how your life will be different once you are freed from the food prison you have been living in. Best of luck.... You can do ANYTHING for one more week!!!!!!

I am on my 6th day post op and you r right ,its hard .I have not been very hungry but I do feel dizzy. im having Water Soup ,popsicles and last nite with my doctors permission I had 4-5 tsp of low fat plain yogurt . I have been constipated for the last 6 days and I don't know if I can have a Protein shake in Water to give me energy ,I'll call an check with him today.good luck you will get through this.

I'm not sure I can do anything for two weeks, but I know I can do anything for today.

One day at a time.

There are things I think I cannot cope with for more than a day, but day after day we can go far

Hugs!

It's hard! Now is the time to dig deep and find the strength inside. You will love yourself for making it through. You can do it.

You got this!! you are a strong person.. change up your shakes there are tons of ideas under the food threads .. make them fun... and I agree to picking up a hobby keep your mind busy.. amd walk... I know its winter and not that easy right now BUT you got this!! goodluck

I will tellyou it was hard for me as I had to smell everything my family was cooking , and yes you know I wanted to eat it but I wanted my life and more important health back as I was walking with a cane and my body was sore all the time and I just wanted to sleep , it does get better I will tell you that , but I snapped at family and cried a lot , but then I just tried to stay in my room for about 3 days , yes I would pop out to see what was going on , but someone was always either eating drinking or making something , so I started reading a book or just started watching movies and I did walk around my living room a few times , then I would just tell them I was tired and go back to my room , when the second or third week I think I told my doctor if I don't get even a table spoon of substance that I was going to bite everyone's head off lol , so he said I could have a tbsp. of either refried Beans or mashed potatoes, but that is my doc , and it helped then I still had my sugar free Jello, pudding or popsicles , but it is hard , if you want it bad enough though I am sure you will get through it , I know I kept in the back of my mind that I paid to much money to have something go wrong , good luck you will get through it .

If you don't want to drive yourself and your mom crazy go find something to do. Read a book non stop, magazines, go to the mall and walk inside to get out of the house, play games on the computer, watch a good movie. There is no reason that you can't occupy yourself enough to get through this time. Its not permanent it is only temporary. Find someone to play cards with. Do crossword puzzles.

Learn a hobby. I taught myself to knit. You cant eat mindlessly if your hands... Both hands .... are occupied. I also make beaded jewelry. Takes alot of control and concentration. So you occupy your hands and keep food out of your thoughts. Good luck.

This is hard - I've been through it and it sucks! It sucks that some people can eat anything and some people can't! I also have an addiction to food so I've been through it too!

You have to keep your mind off it somehow - brush your teeth when you are hungry, try to get outside and walk- even just a little - the sun and the air helps! Drink Water - I used to think that was crap and how can Water help, but it honestly does!

I wish you the best of luck - you are going to be ok - just try your very best and we are all on your side! It's worth it! You are worth it!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Aunty Mamo

Iʻm roughly 6 weeks post-op this morning and have begun to feel like a normal human, with a normal human body again. I started introducing solid foods and pill forms of medications/supplements a couple of weeks ago and it's really amazing to eat meals with my family again, despite the fact that my portions are so much smaller than theirs. 
      I live on the island of Oʻahu and spend a lot of time in the water- for exercise, for play,  and for spiritual & mental health. The day I had my month out appointment with my surgeon, I packed all my gear in my truck, anticipating his permission to get back in the ocean. The minute I walked out of that hospital I drove straight to the shore and got in that water. Hallelujah! My appointment was at 10 am. I didn't get home until after 5 pm. 
      I'm down 31 pounds since the day of surgery and 47 since my pre-op diet began, with that typical week long stall occurring at three weeks. I'm really starting to see some changes lately- some of my clothing is too big, some fits again. The most drastic changes I notice however are in my face. I've also noticed my endurance and flexibility increasing. I was really starting to be held up physically, and I'm so grateful that I'm seeing that turn around in such short order. 
      My general disposition lately is hopeful and motivated. The only thing that bugs me on a daily basis still is the way those supplements make my house smell. So stink! But I just bought a smell proof bag online that other people use to put their pot in. My house doesn't stink anymore. 

· 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

Oh yeah, something I wanted to rant about, a billing dispute that cropped up 3 months ago.
      Surgery was in August of 2023. A bill shows up for over $7,000 in January. WTF? I asks myself. I know that I jumped through all of the insurance hoops and verified this and triple checked that, as did the surgeon's office. All was set, and I paid all of the known costs before surgery.
      A looong story short, is that an assistant surgeon that was in the process of accepting money from my insurance company touched me while I was under anesthesia. That is what the bill was for. But hey, guess what? Some federal legislation was enacted last year to help patients out when they cannot consent to being touched by someone out of their insurance network. These types of bills fall under something called, "surprise billing," and you don't have to put up with it.
      https://www.cms.gov/nosurprises
      I had to make a lot of phone calls to both the surgeon's office and the insurance company and explain my rights and what the maximum out of pocket costs were that I could be liable for. Also had to remind them that it isn't my place to be taking care of all of this and that I was going to escalate things if they could not play nice with one another.
      Quick ending is that I don't have to pay that $7,000+. Advocate, advocate, advocate for yourself no matter how long it takes and learn more about this law if you are ever hit with a surprise bill.
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Some days I feel like an infiltrator... I'm participating in society as a "thin" person. They have no idea that I haven't always been one of them! 🤣
      · 0 replies
    • ChunkCat

Thank you everyone for your well wishes! I totally forgot I wrote an update here... I'm one week post op today. I gained 15 lbs in water weight overnight because they had to give me tons of fluids to bring my BP up after surgery! I stayed one night in the hospital. Everything has been fine except I seem to have picked up a bug while I was there and I've been running a low grade fever, coughing, and a sore throat. So I've been hydrating well and sleeping a ton. So far the Covid tests are negative.
      I haven't been able to advance my diet past purees. Everything I eat other than tofu makes me choke and feels like trying to swallow rocks. They warned me it would get worse before it gets better, so lets hope this is all normal. I have my follow up on Monday so we'll see. Living on shakes and soup again is not fun. I had enough of them the first time!! LOL 
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches