Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My last 4 can of diet pepsi

Update:

Opened the last can at 9:40am

12:02pm still sipping on the soda

Ima save the can and put the date on it.

At 12:53 finished my soda oh my what know.

Update 10:42pm oh man i did bad, I have had three mountain dew, did I messed up I said no pepsi or coke LOL. will try harder tomorrow

Thursday: 2;52pm reg pepsi

Friday: 9:10am NO soda

Friday: 5:22pm still now soda, but im very angry

sat had a 16 oz diet coke, im doing good, though I wouldn't drink any but it knocked me down lol.

Sorry about feeding the trolls.. but..

Nancy, throw out the soda. Your drama over drinking soda is way overrated and if you can't handle giving up soda, you seriously need to seek out the help of a counselor before, during, and after VSG surgery.

I drank soda every day, and had a serious carb and sugar habit too. In order to use the tool of surgery correctly, I had to follow my surgeon's orders, and cut out all the crap. Almost every single one of us who has been through the surgery has had to go through some kind of withdrawal from a food or drink. We didn't end up here because of healthy habits.

We've all seen and heard of the person who messes up a bit during pre-op, and that's "normal" as they confess, learn, and move forward. You seem to be confessing, but then going right back to the bad habit. I hate even replying as it's giving your soda habit more attention than it deserves. Get help from a professional.

Dear Nancy,

Ok. You are not a troll then. You are here for advice. Here is my advice to you. Seriously reconsider this surgery. It is HARD work. It does not magically take away ANY of the cravings. You have to be in control. If you are not able to control yourself now with one of your surgeon's pre-op rules - quit diet soda - it is going to be really difficult for you after the surgery.

All the surgery does is give you a smaller capacity when you eat dense Protein. It is very easy to "trick" the sleeve and eat high calorie slider foods and drinks.

I have lost 97 pounds in a little over 8 months. I have 6 pounds until goal. I am talking from experience.

With that said, I hope you are able to be successful if you have the surgery. It can be a wonderful TOOL in a life style change toward better health.

sat had a 16 oz diet coke, im doing good, though I wouldn't drink any but it knocked me down lol.

Nancy, you have gotten lots of good support here. We all have something that is extra hard for us to handle, but none of us want to see Coke and Pepsi win this battle! When you break a goal, it gets easier to break it the next time... so its important to really set your goal, and stick to it until you achieve it. Maybe make the goal smaller. Get your calendar out and schedule your mini goals, and cross them off as you achieve them. This brings lost of confidence as you get things done. If your goal is stop drinking carbonated drinks, then you need to prepare first. Clear out all offending drinks! Dump them out! Get your family/friends to sign a contract with you not to supply you with those drinks, or drink them in the house when your there! Another mini goal might be making up a replacement drink to take its place. Iced or hot tea will add a little caffeine in if thats what you crave. Crystal light, or just plain Water in the fridge, ready to drink. Make it easy on yourself. Drink a LOT of Water or other flavored drinks. Drink it until you are ready to float away! Do not give your body any reason to drink the wrong stuff. Have a check list on the fridge... mark off the good drinks you have had. and do talk to your nutritionist if you need to. Count the hours of your success, then count the days, weeks and months. By then it will be no big deal. You can do it. Its also an expensive habit... save that money and put it to another use... a cute Bracelet or something to remind you where you are at, and who's in charge!

thank u everyone one I need all these advice, tips. I doing real good, no more soda :)

Sorry about feeding the trolls.. but..

Nancy, throw out the soda. Your drama over drinking soda is way overrated and if you can't handle giving up soda, you seriously need to seek out the help of a counselor before, during, and after VSG surgery.

I drank soda every day, and had a serious carb and sugar habit too. In order to use the tool of surgery correctly, I had to follow my surgeon's orders, and cut out all the crap. Almost every single one of us who has been through the surgery has had to go through some kind of withdrawal from a food or drink. We didn't end up here because of healthy habits.

We've all seen and heard of the person who messes up a bit during pre-op, and that's "normal" as they confess, learn, and move forward. You seem to be confessing, but then going right back to the bad habit. I hate even replying as it's giving your soda habit more attention than it deserves. Get help from a professional.

Although this advice is good, the delivery is terrible. We are not here to judge or be rude to each other, but to show love and support. If you don't like the "drama" stop reading and move on to the next post. You don't have to reply. Certainly NEVER call someone names. This is very inappropriate.

I would have to agree. No name calling please. If you think someone is trolling, report it to Alex. I see no certain evidence that this person is a troll. Keep it supportive, or move along on to another thread.

Counterpoint:

While I agree that we need to be supportive and helpful. Sometimes polite intervention, strongly stated IS supportive and helpful. I think Lauri407 is spot on!

Support takes many forms - and sometimes it involves being direct and honest. For many of us, no one has ever bothered to do that for us and it's easy to keep persuading yourself woe is me when you should really be taking responsibility.

I can see no name calling but if anyone has concerns about anything said on the site, as feedyoureye says, report it immediately. However, bear in mind, everyone is entitled to their opinion but that shouldn't be allowed to distract us from helping the OP...

Lauri407 and Wags, good well meant advice. Nancy264, you have a lot of support here, we are willing you on. We have all had issues with food, for some of us it's been a long term addiction. But there came a point when I had to take responsibility for what went in my mouth. For me, it was when I had surgery, when I had the practical support of my sleeve. You're not there yet - but it is time to start taking responsibility. You will feel great when you go a day without your drug of choice - in this case Diet soda, lol!!!! Of course, it's hard but keep trying.

Good luck, keep posting. Remember, lots of people have been where you are -and they have succeeded.

I agree that sometimes tough love is in order, but name calling is not tough love.

Hi Nancy, I was just thinking of you and wondering how you are doing. Don't feel bad if your still stuck with the Coke/Pepsi hang up. Like I told you before, it was sure not an easy thing for me to give up. I can remember the caffeine headaches, that hurt so bad, I thought I was going to die. It will all change when you get the go ahead for your surgery. Just keep thinking, it is meant to be. You will do fine. Take care and know I am still thinking of you and wishing you well on your journey.

I was a diet coke addict. I gave it up the day before surgery. I found a form of Water with caffeine in it! It's called avitae water. You can get it at some walgreens or like me I buy it from Office Depot by the case. I don't drink coffee and I work overnight so I need some caffeine. It's good stuff because it only tastes like water. You can add anything to to jazz it up. It is made in Ohio so if you are from there they have it in some local stores.