Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I started my pre-op diet today and I actually wavered. I literally dreamt about sausage gravy and homemade biscuits. I swear I almost got up and made it for Breakfast. I thought "well 13 days of pre-op will be fine". So... I got up and had my shake. Stupid head hunger.

I won't lie either, going through the liquid pre-op diet is hard. But I made it through without any cheating and I have never felt so proud of myself. I figured that if I couldn't make it through 2 weeks before surgery, how was I going to make it after surgery. It sucked but I looked at it as a chance for a new life and a new relationship with food and that got me through. You can do it!

after the first few days, it does get easier because your body is ridding itself of toxins too...

for head hunger (I still have that some days) I find drinking something warm/hot helps... so if I can, I will make myself some Decaf tea or Unjury chicken broth... sipping it slow seems to help the hunger thoughts disappear...

Good luck, you can do this!

I told my 17 year old daughter what I almost did and she texted back "Just image the hard gristle things that usually come in sausage. Like you bite down and it's hard and almost breaks ya tooth. Nasty" lol.

Smart girl!!! Imagery is very helpful right now...

I think it was Jenny Craig that said, "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels"... so true... my mind set is in a whole different place since my surgery, and I may have slowed down, but I'm not gaining because I make better choices... this is all good... you will be fine... we are here to help you get thru it... give it another day or two and you should find it much easier, I did :)

It is hard, really hard..I did a liquid Protein drink twice and it was not a picnic....

Three or 4 days into it I lost my hunger...Only once in the 2 times I did it did I think I was going to lose it and that is when my daughter made this incredible lamb dinner that smelled to good to be not eaten....I did it though!

I kept saying to myself if I can't do pre-op than I won't be able to lose the weight using the program.....Sooooooooooo I stuck to it. :)

I got up and had my shake. Stupid head hunger.

superfatty

i'm gullable, "lion tamer" per profile??? what???? anyways...........

don't hurt yourself, but reach around and give yourself a good pat on the back :)

you did not give in to those nasty thoughts your brain was sending you

temptation, head hunger can/is hard to deal with

trust me - head hunger does continue for most at one time or another :angry:

Valentines Day WLS :) how cool is that!!!!

good luck

speedy recovery

kathy

I'm gonna be starting my pre-op diet soon and since it's only me in my house, my cupboards and fridge are pretty much empty.

Can anyone suggest a clear Liquid Protein drink that tastes decent. Right now I have ISO -100 in a variety of flavor but am certain it would not be considered a clear Protein Drink

Can anyone suggest a clear liquid Protein drink that tastes decent. Right now I have ISO -100 in a variety of flavor but am certain it would not be considered a clear protein drink

This may sound weird but I'm using mio with a scoop of unflavored whey protein in it.

superfatty

ooooops

i just realized your DOS is February 18th, not the 14th

oh well

great date still!!!!

good luck

kathy

I tried the Isopure but could not get past the taste. I found I was able to tolerate the Ensure clear drinks and of course unjury chicken broth

I drink Syntrax nectar.....I like the taste: 23 g of Protein per scoop. I also drink Blissful Wellness Protein fruit flavored drinks:15 g of protein in each packet

I drink Syntrax Nectar.....I like the taste: 23 g of Protein per scoop. I also drink Blissful Wellness protein fruit flavored drinks:15 g of protein in each packet

If you don't mind me asking, where do you get those? Are the Blissful pre-made?

superfatty ooooops i just realized your DOS is February 18th, not the 14th oh well great date still!!!! good luck kathy

Thank you!! It's still an awesome valentine gift, just a few days late. Lol