Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Only 2 more days on the pre-op diet. Yeah!!!

I went and got some extra strength Tylenol and that helps my headache. Hopefully today is better!!!

I had headaches for three days. Even with the Tylenol. But day 4 I woke up feeling great and have felt much better and it's made the liquids so much easier to handle.

I only had a headache for the 2nd day and tylonal knocked that out quick.

Also to the person that recommened making the shakes into smoothis thank you the Optifast is so much better with the ice in it.

I can say the pre-op diet is working. I'm down 7 pounds since Thursday. Mind you I put on four during food funerals week. So I knew that wound balance out as soon as I stopped eating like a mad woman. Lol.

Well in 9 days I've gone from 278 to 269. And my husband made a comment last night that I look smaller. BUT my initial weigh in was 276 and then I gained 2 lbs as my week of "final meals" so I hope that what they have me recorded at will be enough of a weight loss still have 5 days to go. But I can look back to last week and remember talking to someone who was on day 9 and I was on day 3 and thought it was so far away! Well it flew by. Now I'm on day 9 and I'm not complaining anymore!!! That first week is a doozy tho! I still have cravings but its easier to resist. Yesterday I ate a spinach salad with chicken breast grilled and Protein shakes... That's all and I handled it. Today ill just have broths and Protein Shakes.< /p>

Well in 9 days I've gone from 278 to 269. And my husband made a comment last night that I look smaller. BUT my initial weigh in was 276 and then I gained 2 lbs as my week of "final meals" so I hope that what they have me recorded at will be enough of a weight loss still have 5 days to go. But I can look back to last week and remember talking to someone who was on day 9 and I was on day 3 and thought it was so far away! Well it flew by. Now I'm on day 9 and I'm not complaining anymore!!! That first week is a doozy tho! I still have cravings but its easier to resist. Yesterday I ate a spinach salad with chicken breast grilled and Protein shakes... That's all and I handled it. Today ill just have broths and Protein Shakes.< /p>

I agree! I'm on day seven but the diet has already become such a routine. My first three days were awful with headaches but now I feel okay. Still dragging at the end of the day but I am surprised tomorrow will be my second week (and one week out from surgery)! Congrats on the loss. I am down from 229 to 222. I don't really notice it though. I took "before" pics on day two. Can't wait to see the difference in a few months.

Ok so when I checked in at the hospital, they did not seem to even compare my last doc apt weigh in to my present weight. I worried for nothing. So, surgery is over. I am on day 2 pot op. I'm not very hungry at all and I am focusing on hydrating (Gatorade and water) and getting Protein into everything I eat. I have not lost any weight, but that is ok. I know I have begun an exciting journey and so have YOU!

I look forward to shopping for clothes and ENJOYING IT! That will be a first in my life. I always hated shopping!

Ok so when I checked in at the hospital, they did not seem to even compare my last doc apt weigh in to my present weight. I worried for nothing. So, surgery is over. I am on day 2 pot op. I'm not very hungry at all and I am focusing on hydrating (Gatorade and water) and getting Protein into everything I eat. I have not lost any weight, but that is ok. I know I have begun an exciting journey and so have YOU!

I look forward to shopping for clothes and ENJOYING IT! That will be a first in my life. I always hated shopping!

Yay!!!! I'm happy to hear from you! The weight will start dropping I'm sure after swelling goes down. How's your pain level? I'm also having hiatal hernia repair in the same surgery.

HI! I have a high tolerance for pain but the first night was pretty bad. FINALLY the nurse increased the morphine level and I was able o sleep. You know how it is....you are trying to rest and every 20 to 30 minutes someone is coming in to do something. I am resting much better at home. My doc is going to allow me to do data entry from home so I can get caught up on some work. I dont officially go back to work until 2/18. I sure want to see some results on the scale!

When is your surgery?

Yeah I'm having the hernia removed also. They said the hernia is also gonna make me not want to eat much. I'm curious also Tamik, how's the pain level?

Sorry we were responding at the same time I guess. Glad the pain isn't too bad! My surgery is the 10th

We live in a wonderful world where our pain can be managed. Whether you have a high or low tolerance, you are going to be fine! I am on day 2 post op and the pain is getting less and less very quickly. It only hurts when I move certain ways. Getting out of bed is pretty bad. Get yourself something to grab onto to help lift yourself out of bed. I use and old crutch. Do the barrel roll and push up with your arms to get up. Don't use your sore tummy muscles. I have REALLY noticed a huge difference today. Getting better and better by the minute. Still craving Mexican food and I will have some when the time is right! :) A Protein packed smaller portion of course!

I am on day 3 of shakes and Protein bars. I think that if I were allowed a lean Protein and veggies I wouldn't have made it too far. Just remember that this is only the beginning of a journey to change your life. Hunger pangs won't kill you. If it gets too bad go to bed early. I've done that and work up feeling sated. Also make sure you are drinking LOTS of Water to fill you up.

You can do it! Just picture yourself at the goal line.

Why is this restriction so hard? Why do we have to follow it? Isn't that why we want the surgery? What's the logic behind this? Maybe if I knew why than I could understand why it's so important.