Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just got cleared from my surgeon today. Procedure set for April 8th 2014. On 2nd day of preop diet. Using Bariatric Advantage chocolate or vanilla Meal Replacements. 4-5 drinks per day, lots of Water, and jello-sugar free of course. So far I am feeling pretty good. Live in the suburbs of CHicago. Looking forward to warmer weather and being thin enough to wear shorts! I mix my shakes with almond milk (unsweetened--30calories) vanilla flavor. I think it gives the shakes a creamier taste. Anybody else?

I am so glad I came across this website, everyone is so encouraging and full of knowledge. I am starting a pre-pre op diet. My surgeon says I have to lose 37 pounds before his office will submit my information. I have been doing this since November 2013 and it makes me real anxious to have to lose the weight.

How is it going losing the 37 pounds?

Edited by 521Diva

I am so glad I came across this website, everyone is so encouraging and full of knowledge. I am starting a pre-pre op diet. My surgeon says I have to lose 37 pounds before his office will submit my information. I have been doing this since November 2013 and it makes me real anxious to have to lose the weight.

How is it going losing the 37 pounds?

Edited by 521Diva

Great before and after pics! Also, for upcoming sleevers, I found a great 35g Protein Shake at trader joes that's only about 150 calories and it's really good, too. I love using the Protein Powder in coffee-- I had used the premade shakes but adding the Protein powder adds even more protein in. I love the ideas I get from this online group!

@Heather~ that's great! If I remember correctly didn't you have a stall? I am almost 4 wks out and haven't lost anything in a week. I'm not drinking much Water so I'm going to try to drink what I should today. When did you stall and for how long? It's so frustrating!

@Heather~ that's great! If I remember correctly didn't you have a stall? I am almost 4 wks out and haven't lost anything in a week. I'm not drinking much Water so I'm going to try to drink what I should today. When did you stall and for how long? It's so frustrating!

I had a 3 week stall. I lost 8 lbs last week and nothing this week.

My 38 lb loss so far in 8 weeks!

attachicon.gif:

Such a big difference! So very proud of you! This is a lot of work and I completely disagree with anyone who says this is "the easy way out"! Makes me want to take an updated pic to compare to my pre-surgery ones already! I'm 4 weeks post op and 27lbs down. I'm shooting for another 9 lbs. before my next appt. which will be my 6 week post op appt. :D

Such a big difference! So very proud of you! This is a lot of work and I completely disagree with anyone who says this is "the easy way out"! Makes me want to take an updated pic to compare to my pre-surgery ones already! I'm 4 weeks post op and 27lbs down. I'm shooting for another 9 lbs. before my next appt. which will be my 6 week post op appt. :D

Thank you so much! It's def not easy!!!! I feel like I should have lost more but everyone loses at diff speeds I guess. I'm 38 down since my preop diet. I was 278 on day 1 and 265 the morn of surgery and I'm 240 today. So... Idk. I did encounter a 3 week stall right after surgery tho.

I won't have surgery til May 26th and I weigh 223 at present. I know I'm supposed to do liquid diet two weeks prior to that. Does anyone think it will hurt if I do on May 1st.? Also can we have stuff like salad during this phase?

I won't have surgery til May 26th and I weigh 223 at present. I know I'm supposed to do liquid diet two weeks prior to that. Does anyone think it will hurt if I do on May 1st.? Also can we have stuff like salad during this phase?

Each surgeon requirements r different what mines allow urs may not. Check with ur surgeon office or NUT what ur pre-op diet will consist of

My 38 lb loss so far in 8 weeks!

Woohoo u go girl.

Hello all! I have learned so much from this thread. Congrats to all of you who have come through your surgeries. I go in on Monday and I am QUITE ready. I feel a bit guilty for being 'hangry' today when my pre-op diet is not nearly as strict as some, I have two shakes and a meal (protein and veggies). My surgery is scheduled for 1pm with me coming in at 10, but my surgeon said to keep my phone on, because he may call me earlier.

Did any of you all have to do heprin (sp) shots at home to prevent blood clots?

I had to do 10 days of Lovenox (sp?) injections. Tiny little needles and no big deal. Just left some bruising. Nothing major, though.

Hello all! I have learned so much from this thread. Congrats to all of you who have come through your surgeries. I go in on Monday and I am QUITE ready. I feel a bit guilty for being 'hangry' today when my pre-op diet is not nearly as strict as some, I have two shakes and a meal (protein and veggies). My surgery is scheduled for 1pm with me coming in at 10, but my surgeon said to keep my phone on, because he may call me earlier.

Did any of you all have to do heprin (sp) shots at home to prevent blood clots?

Good luck. I got 2 heparin shots in the hospital.