Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've learned a lot from this thread too. I was taken in for my surgery a lot earlier. It was supposed to be at 1 pm and it ended up being at 11 am. It's a great feeling getting it over earlier than you expect.

My NUT Gave me this a few recipes on the vegies if this helps I think u could put some lean meat or chicken into them too if u wanted to

post-211375-0-52182700-1396437076_thumb.jpg

post-211375-0-84145900-1396437119_thumb.jpg

post-211375-0-53796100-1396437184_thumb.jpg

post-211375-0-12318900-1396437218_thumb.jpg

I'm now on day 6 of my preop diet and my head is pounding!!!!!!!!! I cheated on Sunday and put a little dressing on my salad, cheated last night and had a few notes of this grilled boneless skinless chicken breast and tonight with a few bites of hamburger meat.. I do the my fitness pal and I am still way under calories and all day I do ok it just a bite here and there in the evening. I'm not gonna beat myself up for it. Just start tomorrow new and keep going!

I posted in the other forum about this but I will post here too because this is tough! I am glad I found this thread. I came on today looking for just this. I am on my two week pre op diet. This is day 3 and I am struggling. I want to run out into the street and scream to the top of my lungs, lol. It's been really hard for me. I have locked myself in my room. It's not physical hunger, it's head hunger. I just want some bread or some chips or a cookie, lol. But I know I can eat it. The Protein has me satisfied and not physically hungry but I want some kind of snack. Damn have I been sleeved already, i keep asking myself, lol lol lol. Im stressed out and this is when i would normally stuff my face. Typing and talking to you all is taking my mind off of it and i feel better expressing it now. At least I know what head hunger feels like before hand. I'm sure by tomorrow or so I will feel better. Arrrrrggggghhhh! Good luck everyone!

I know it is hard, I am in the second week of my pre op diet also and get sleeved next week. After day three the pre op diet gets easier. Your bs stabilizes and many carb cravings subside as you detox that stuff. I was starving the first three days and not just head hunger. But today I had two shakes and a chicken broth and that is it. Just got busy and forgot to eat. So I really think it had to do with a week of hell whir you detox and then we get a glimpse at normal eating. Hang in there! When is your surgery?

I hope it gets better. I have also stopped drinking caffeine as that makes me hungrier so I'm sure my body is just going through it. My surgery date is May 10th. I just popped some Kale in the oven with a little Olive oil and baked them dry. NOT BAD at all, it gives crunch like a chip. I know I just have to mentally toughen up. I literally cried earlier, lol but it made me feel better. Pray for me please. I know I can do it because the alternative of being obese forever is much worse. It's just NOT easy!!!!

Oh I will, and you are doing all the right things. It really helped me to heat up a coffee cup of chicken broth when I was hungry. Something about the hot liquid took the hunger and I made it real hot so I could just sip it and that made it last longer and occupied the food monster in my head. This phase, and it sounds like you are going through it too, brings on more than calorie reduction. Most of us have food issue and overheating problems and so we are forcing our body to give that up. Your tears were because you are grieving. Just like if someone close to you left you, what you are feeling is not having that food that we rely on to make us feel whole (full).

You are so right!! I feel like I'm losing my best friend. I'm in therapy for the eating issue as I am an emotional eater. I know it will get easier and I am forcing myself to go through the struggles now so that when I am finally sleeved, I will get through that initial phase easier. It helps when I talk to people that understand because my family just thinks I'm over reacting. Thanks or the encouraging words and support. I needed it!!

I have four weeks of the pre-op diet. At first I freaked out because, I had anticipated a later date. BUT very excited to get started. No time for last favorite meals. My pre-op diet started next day. Talk about ripping the bandage!! Had to spend my evening searching and buying Protein Shakes, shaker, etc. I'm on week 2, fifth day. First few days, I thought how can I do this for four weeks, no way but then I decided to take it a day at a time. Just focus on each meal (shake) and nothing more. I have to be honest they are pretty sickening, but you have to get inventive. Since I like cold things I've frozen some of my Protein shakes and used them as a snack/treat. For coffee taste, I put instant Decaf, in my vanilla shakes. I have also roasted up some mean veggies (allowed to cups) with a little balsamic. Veggie Soups work too. I don't sit at the dinner table but do feed my family. I read, clean -- distractions are the best. Our journey has begun! down 18 pounds, not easy, lots of talking to self, reading other people's post help so much. Wishing you all comfort and success!

I am scheduled for surgery may 21st YIKES!! So nervous. My pre op class is the 8th and meet with doc on the 14th and start my liquid diet then. Very nervous. I'm going on vacation June 28th i will be post op like 5 weeks worried bout being too far away from doctor - l be ok right????

Wow 18 lbs down already. That's awesome, I am on day 5 and its getting better, more mental than anything. The headaches have stopped now its just me doing everything but thinks about food.< /p>

I am slated for gastric sleeve surgery on May 13. I began my liver-shrinking pre-op diet 4 days ago, and I'm having a bit of a struggle. Yes, I was hungry for the first 3 days, but the hunger is diminishing rapidly. My biggest problem is the HORRIBLE headaches, which is, I presume, the liver doing its detoxification. I feel like there isn't enough pain medication in the world to deal with it. My thinking is fuzzy and I'm emotionally raw. While it might be due to the liver cleanse, I am wondering about the diet itself. I am reading on this bulletin board (and seeing on the internet, under "liver shrinking diet") that it includes low fat Protein sources and some green vegetables (e.g.: chicken/broccoli). ALL I've been told to eat/drink is these damned Protein Shakes, which I find to be pretty chalky. I don't know if I can stand to do the 3-5 per day that I was advised to drink. Is there ANYONE else out there who doesn't get to eat anything else? And anyone else out there with symptoms other than hunger?

Thanks.

I am slated for gastric sleeve surgery on May 13. I began my liver-shrinking pre-op diet 4 days ago, and I'm having a bit of a struggle. Yes, I was hungry for the first 3 days, but the hunger is diminishing rapidly. My biggest problem is the HORRIBLE headaches, which is, I presume, the liver doing its detoxification. I feel like there isn't enough pain medication in the world to deal with it. My thinking is fuzzy and I'm emotionally raw. While it might be due to the liver cleanse, I am wondering about the diet itself. I am reading on this bulletin board (and seeing on the internet, under "liver shrinking diet") that it includes low fat Protein sources and some green vegetables (e.g.: chicken/broccoli). ALL I've been told to eat/drink is these damned Protein Shakes, which I find to be pretty chalky. I don't know if I can stand to do the 3-5 per day that I was advised to drink. Is there ANYONE else out there who doesn't get to eat anything else? And anyone else out there with symptoms other than hunger?

Thanks.

We are sleeve sisters! My surgery is the 13th too.

I am not allowed meat on my pre op diet but I can have 3/4 c veg., 3 medium fruits, 1/4 c cottage cheese and one yogurt daily plus my 2 Protein shakes. Right now I'm suffering from head hunger really bad. I haven't had headaches at all but I do feel run down and just kinda blah.

Ugh I'm irritated!!!! I step in the scale this morning and I gained a lb!!!! In 10 days I have only lost 8lbs? Are you kidding me???? Now I am PMSing... That probly has something to do with it. But this is straight up bullshit!!!