Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone! I was banded nov 2013 and I've since lost 46 pounds. To me it's not a lot for a year but my band is temperamental. Had my first fill in April five months after surgery, put in 3cc. Then my next full was July 3 months later put in 0.8cc and finally I had a fill yesterday 6 months later put in only 0.7cc! I felt less restriction and I knew I needed a fill. But I lost 16 pounds from July till now. I only have a total of 4.5 in my band is that normal?

I think you intended to put surgery on Nov 2012? There is no normal. But if you are still losing, Celebrate. Many of us get one year out and the weight loss slows to a crawl or a complete stop.

I have no idea how many CCs are in my band? Some have nothing and some have 14CC. Everyone's anatomy is different. You're a slow loser but a steady one. Count your blessings and congrats!

tmf

Yes it was nov 2012 lol. I appreciate your words because I definitely feel like its not enough but I'm also happy I lost at all!!!

From reading other similar posts and in concurrence of 2muchfun's post...

Yeah everyone is different (band size, fill amount, starting weight and goal weight, etc) and everyone's surgeon is different as well.

My surgeon at the first fill tries to fill the band half way. I have a 10 cc band and they added 5cc. They had me drink some Water (blind fills) and it took awhile to feel the changes so she took out some. Then added some more end. I ended up with 4.8 on my first fill.

Weight loss - banded dec 16 with a surgery weight of 202. I lost 8 lbs first two weeks, 6 lbs over the next 3 and I've been stuck there for a few weeks. It's discouraging sometimes when I read of bigger weight loss numbers in the same time period but this works for me. I'd be happy with your weight loss for the year but that's close to one of my main goal weights.

If you need another fill for restriction, see your surgeon. That's what they are there for. Oh, I've read where some people are content never getting their first fill while others need 8cc in their 10 cc band or something like that.

I too am losing slowly but steadily this is not a sprint but a life long marathon. I didn't gain my weight in a year or even two years but over the course of several years.

The numbers keep going in the right direction and for that I am happy and most of all my body is healthy. Celebrate your one year bandiversary and the weight you have lost so far.

Check in with yourself and see if there is something you are doing or not doing that you can tweak today to get you moving in the direction of your ultimate goal. Then call and check in with your doc and your nutritionist and see if there isn't something they can do for advice they can offer you to get your band working in better harmony with you.

Even the finest instruments need tuning every now and again to make beautiful music :)

Weight loss is different for everyone but a loss is a loss is a loss no matter how long it takes. If you lose inches or weight it is a loss. Your not gaining and some take a long time. You will get there.

I also have lost slowly. I was at my lowest weight ever this AM. But my body has changed so much. 10 inches lost in my waist. I also do not know how much is in my band. My Doctor does not think that is important. How I feel is important to him. December was my 1 year bandaversary.

My dr said it was a good amount of weight loss considering my starting weight of 237 so I'm not complaining. Just wanted to hear other opinions and experiences. Thxs everyone????

I asked my doctor how he knows how much is in there. He said that during the fill, he actually removes all the Fluid, checks the hypo, then re-injects the fluid, plus the fill amount.

Edited by Not So Fat Cat

I asked my doctor how he knows how much is in there. He said that during the fill, he actually removes all the Fluid, checks the hypo, then re-injects the Fluid, plus the fill amount.

My doctor does not do this, but my nurse practitioner does...... Such a weird sensation !

I had my surgery April 2008. I have not lost weight. I need help. I am my own worse enemy. I can't eat food food but junk food goes down no problem. I have had one adjustment in this period of time. I can't afford the $395 charge to go back & my insurance won't cover it. I am having compilations, i throw up usually during every meal, my teeth are breaking off/chipping away & I am STILL fat & miserable. I am having a poor pitiful me day but if anyone has suggestions on getting motivated and how to stop self sabotaging, please share.

I had my surgery April 2008. I have not lost weight. I need help. I am my own worse enemy. I can't eat food food but junk food goes down no problem. I have had one adjustment in this period of time. I can't afford the $395 charge to go back & my insurance won't cover it. I am having compilations, i throw up usually during every meal, my teeth are breaking off/chipping away & I am STILL fat & miserable. I am having a poor pitiful me day but if anyone has suggestions on getting motivated and how to stop self sabotaging, please share.

You should start your own topic/thread as there are only 9 people following this thread and there are hundreds watching the forum.

Your health is the most important thing to you and it sounds like you're not healthy right now. Find another doctor. Most only charge $200 for a self-pay visit. You may need to have some Fluid removed as throwing up is a sign your band is far too tight or may by slipped? If you're living on junk food, you're not getting the nutrition you need and you won't lose weight as long as the band is not adjusted properly and you don't follow the rules.

Don't wait, it's important to call a doctor asap.

tmf

Thank you. I will check around and see what I can do.

Hi everyone! I was banded nov 2013 and I've since lost 46 pounds. To me it's not a lot for a year but my band is temperamental. Had my first fill in April five months after surgery, put in 3cc. Then my next full was July 3 months later put in 0.8cc and finally I had a fill yesterday 6 months later put in only 0.7cc! I felt less restriction and I knew I needed a fill. But I lost 16 pounds from July till now. I only have a total of 4.5 in my band is that normal?

I think I have 3.8 in mine. Started with 2 cc about 2 months after surgery Juan 2012 and had .5 and .2 fills after that to to my current total. I've lost slowly but continued losses into my second year. Not sure the breakdown of when I lost (I should go back and calculate) but I would guess about 40 the first year and 25 the second. I am at goal now and happy.

My numbers here probably don't add up correctly, but my point is, I am not "tight" at all and it is working fabulously for me. Watch your nutrition, watch your activity level, and watch the continued changes. It takes a while to realize that it is a lifestyle, and then it "clicks." Congratulations to you.