Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I'm starting to be really sad. I think I'm hitting a stall ! What in the world do I do in order to break it and make the scale move again. Is it normal to have a stall at about 6 weeks out ? I'm so scared. I don't want to eat less because I can hardly eat now. But I really want the scale to move.

What should I do?

I need help..

Somebody please ... I really am not feeling this.

Surprisingly I was afraid of stalling. But I stayed on plan and found today I are a little more than usual the scale moved two pounds the next day. Something to be said of the bodies perceived and starvation mode. Less is not always more.

Spell check. That was the day I ate a little more I lost two pounds the next day. Stay focused it will happen.

I am going to stay on plan. Keep working out every other day and try and eat a little more and drink a little more each day.

It's all normal, keep breathing! Stick with the plan - get all your liquids in, get your Protein in and keep moving.

As Kaysosa says, less is not more. Don't feel you need to do something to make something happen - your body is adjusting and responding to its new life. You just need to stay on course, doing as you were told by your doc and it will all come right. And don't get obsessed by the scale. Even when you aren't losing lbs, you may be losing inches - strange but true!

Unlikely to be the last stall you have so staying calm is the best attitude...

Hang in there!

Butterthebean has a great link to an article on stalls. It's worth the read:
http://www.dsfacts.com/weight-loss-stall-or-plateau.html#.UukFkBaTNdg

Stalls really suck - I had my first one for 10 days between weeks 3 and 4. I followed the advice I received on this forum - follow your plan and get in your Water and Protein.

I also suggest hiding the scale and bringing it out once per week. I was weighing every day and getting more and more discouraged and frustrated. My husband took the scale away from me and gives it back once per week. That has saved my sanity.

You're doing great - look at your ticker! Let your body figure out what's going on. You do your part by following the plan. Your stall will be over soon.

It is funny but I never use the word stall...I use the word rest!..body at rest....

I never experienced one stall so far or gain either...2 reasons. I don't weigh myself that much only every 1 or 2 months...As I hit goal I will have to switch it up to once a week to keep track better. But for now...nope!

I believe that the body is a magnificent machine and will protect itself from invaders and extreme circumstances.. like illness. it goes into shut down when something drastic happens to it out of the ordinary...Reserves its strength and restarts the regular flow of life when it feels safe...

Our body's are like a huge city. Everything works because it is in unison. One thing is connected to the other..When something changes that, it takes defensive action and grinds to a halt....

Once it realizes that things are okay and it is being fed and all is well it starts up again...And lets that change happen until next time it is threatened....

Isn't the body amazing!!!!!!!!!!! I think so...

First it made do with the extra weight that we constantly put on it and adjusted so we could carry it and live with it and keep moving..Mind you not at full capacity but it held its own...

Not until it could not take it anymore did it do the same thing... Shut down our metabolism and went into protecting itself....

Don't worry about these rest periods..once your body feels safe it will start the engines again and travel forward with weight loss until it feels threatened again...

Incredible isn't it that we are made this way!!!!

Thank you all for the advice and encouraging words ...